• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rae Carruth is out of prison

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
A state with the death penalty did just that. They believed the criminal's story, but wouldn't give the death penalty. The hiding certainly didn't help Rae's version either.

This isn't true. The jury concluded that he set the murder up, but they wouldn't convict him on murder 1 after lengthy deliberation. That's what you call mental gymnastics. Someone who didn't have the spine to administer a just punishment held out.

Are you saying they should've let him go? You were just ready to bury him. Argue just for argument's sake I guess?

What are you talking about? I'm saying they should've taken him out back and executed him via firing squad (or lethal injection as they no in NC) the day his appeal was denied.

But the problem is

giphy.gif

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't true. The jury concluded that he set the murder up, but they wouldn't convict him on murder 1 after lengthy deliberation. That's what you call mental gymnastics. Someone who didn't have the spine to administer a just punishment held out.

What are you talking about? I'm saying they should've taken him out back and executed him via firing squad (or lethal injection as they no in NC) the day his appeal was denied.

But the problem is

giphy.gif

Sure, who cares if you execute a few innocents in with the real criminals? Basing that decision on a bunch of people that couldn't figure out how to get out of jury duty is just brilliant.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Sure, who cares if you execute a few innocents in with the real criminals?

There you go with the ret**ded adage, "I'd rather let 1,000 guilty men go than convict one innocent man."

You're conflating innocence & guilt with sentencing. Those are 2 separate issues. Human beings are never going to have a 100% success rate in the dispensation of justice, regardless of how severe or weak the punishments are.

That minuscule exception doesn't justify making it the rule. You take the lesser of 2 evils, which is punishing both the 1,000 guilty men and the one innocent rather than letting them all go.

Carruth should've been put to death, and shame on the spineless f**k(s) who stood in the way of that happening.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There you go with the ret**ded adage, "I'd rather let 1,000 guilty men go than convict one innocent man."

You're conflating innocence & guilt with sentencing. Those are 2 separate issues. Human beings are never going to have a 100% success rate in the dispensation of justice, regardless of how severe or weak the punishments are.

That minuscule exception doesn't justify making it the rule. You take the lesser of 2 evils, which is punishing both the 1,000 guilty men and the one innocent rather than letting them all go.

Carruth should've been put to death, and shame on the spineless f**k(s) who stood in the way of that happening.

Your logical fallacies are amazing. Nobody is being let go; they're just not being executed.

Your estimate for error rate in the percentage of accuracy is cute. I wish we all lived in a world where the justice system was 99.9% accurate. Regardless, there should be infallible evidence required to end someone's life. We are not a third world nation.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,086.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read where he said he wanted to try to get custody of his son. The son he tried to kill and caused irreparable harm to in the process. So, it’s pretty clear he didn’t learn anything while in prison.

I read that also.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,086.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A state with the death penalty did just that. They believed the criminal's story, but wouldn't give the death penalty. The hiding certainly didn't help Rae's version either.

Are you saying they should've let him go? You were just ready to bury him. Argue just for argument's sake I guess?

It's what that person does.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Your logical fallacies are amazing. Nobody is being let go; they're just not being executed.

:doh: We're talking about murder. Rae Carruth was let go.

there should be infallible evidence required to end someone's life. We are not a third world nation.

Infallable = 100%. That's a dumbass standard. 12 people unanimously convicting beyond a reasonable doubt is plenty. If you want to see a 3rd-world nation, go to St. Louis, Detroit, Chicago, Oakland, L.A., Baltimore or any other major, libtarded city where they're gigantic, f***ing enablers of crime because of bull-s**t logic like you're using.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:doh: We're talking about murder. Rae Carruth was let go.

Infallable = 100%. That's a dumbass standard. 12 people unanimously convicting beyond a reasonable doubt is plenty. If you want to see a 3rd-world nation, go to St. Louis, Detroit, Chicago, Oakland, L.A., Baltimore or any other major, libtarded city where they're gigantic, f***ing enablers of crime because of bull-s**t logic like you're using.

Nice try. Worst murder rate in the US is St. Louis, with Missouri firmly a red state for the past 5 elections and 9 out of the last 12 (blips for both Bill Clinton terms and Jimmy Carter). 2nd worst is New Orleans (same voting history as St Louis), and 3rd is Detroit (about 50/50 since Nixon, but went to Trump most recently). Missouri and Louisiana have the death penalty (Michigan does not).