• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Racist Parrots fans

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see some of the lesser intellect of Parrotland thinks Brandon Phillips ought to be hit in the head again tomorrow. Let's see ... can you still wonder what exactly drives this fucking country?

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I LOVE the Red/Pirats rivalry! Such a classic!

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was honestly expecting him to get it in his first AB. He might not charge the mound but at the least he'll look out there. And if it's at his head, I think he's going to pay a visit.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leake could have hit anybody but McCutchen. I kept thinking that would start it.

When Chapman decided to hit 119 on the gun by Walker's ear, I knew we were in for some racist chat. Most Parrots fans seem to think that their pitchers need to plunk our black guy on account of that's the way to get even with the Reds.

Fucking assholes.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not like the Parrots are singling out the Reds. Of course, these are just pitches that got away.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3G-HPBmm_o"]PIT@STL: Hit batsmen, ejections set mood at Busch - YouTube[/ame]

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No and Zach Greinke never means to hit anybody either, especially Carlos Quentin. Just a coincidence.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't like Phillips hasn't noticed. He's into social media and he knows what's written. Hell, even the Pittsburgh newspaper beat writer last summer said the Parrots ought to throw at Phillips, who wasn't even IN the series at all, was on the bench with a hammy pull.

When Hughes hit him, BP knew what the deal was. He's not stupid and he's not uninformed. Reading this from a fan base that says HE ought to be hit because the team needs to retaliate ... sorry, but if it's not about race, what is it? It's a shame these retards can't just call him an "uppity ni**er" and be honest about it.

WvuDieHard

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,954.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pittsburgh is a shithole filled with assholes---nothing need more be said.

redsfan03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, either the Parrots announcers are the biggest bunch of homers this side of Hawk Harrelson or they are flat out delusional. Chin music because of a tired arm? Yeah, right. They need to stop looking at everything through black and yellow tinted glasses. Maybe then they'd see a winning season every once in a couple decades...

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, either the Parrots announcers are the biggest bunch of homers this side of Hawk Harrelson or they are flat out delusional. Chin music because of a tired arm? Yeah, right. They need to stop looking at everything through black and yellow tinted glasses. Maybe then they'd see a winning season every once in a couple decades...

These are the guys who fuel the hatred and bigotry. They do this because they think their job is to keep the game interesting. Welsh and Thom went on a bit too much about it last night, kept referring to something that happened last year -- and actually DID bring up the fact that they only people the Parrots fans and media want to attack is Phillips. That was kind of obvious.

What exactly Phillips has to do with this, IMHO, is that he is black. No other reason that I can find. Why not throw at Votto or Bruce or Frazier or Cozart or Mesoraco or Hanigan? No, let's throw at the ni**ger.

That one quacks like a duck to me. Until I get a better explanation, it's racism. And if somebody says, "OK, you win. We will throw at Votto," I would say, "you didn't say that at first. It was about Phillips, racist."

They have a real tough time denying this, since Phillips was hit twice in the earlier series and was headhunted last year even though he hadn't even played in the previous series.

Fucking racist team, media and fans.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What exactly McCutchen has to do with this, IMHO, is that he is black. No other reason that I can find. Why not throw at Walker or Jones or Snider or Mercer or Alvarez? No, let's throw at the ni**ger.

That one quacks like a duck to me. Until I get a better explanation, it's racism. And if somebody says, "OK, you win. We will throw at Alvarez," I would say, "you didn't say that at first. It was about McCutchen, racist."

They have a real tough time denying this, since McCutchen not only gets hit, its shoulder high hbp everytime.

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my world, doesn't matter what color my guy is, if you drill him on purpose, or act like it MIGHT have been, I may not hit your guy in later innings... I may instruct the hitter and the benches to charge the mound and beat your pitchers head off. If Dusty had any cognizant intelligence, he would speak to the Umpire Crew Chief before the game, and tell him there is bad blood, and if the Umps don't deal with it early, he will have his team retaliate in force. Most likely, only the first brushback would be the last one.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What exactly McCutchen has to do with this, IMHO, is that he is black. No other reason that I can find. Why not throw at Walker or Jones or Snider or Mercer or Alvarez? No, let's throw at the ni**ger.

That one quacks like a duck to me. Until I get a better explanation, it's racism. And if somebody says, "OK, you win. We will throw at Alvarez," I would say, "you didn't say that at first. It was about McCutchen, racist."

They have a real tough time denying this, since McCutchen not only gets hit, its shoulder high hbp everytime.

The difference is clear. Nobody in the Reds media suggested throwing at anybody.
The Pittsburgh media CALLED OUT THE TEAM to throw at Phillips. Not at Votto. Not at Bruce. Not at Hanigan. Not at Stubbs. The Pittsburgh fans CALLED OUT FOR THE PIRATES to throw at Phillips.

Zero Reds fans called out their team to throw at McCutchen. And if the answer is, well, let's throw at Votto ... then it's clear that race was the reason because since the Pirates have been called out for racism in throwing at Phillips -- WHO WAS NOT EVEN IN THE GAMES LAST YEAR.

There is a distinct difference. The fans and the media in Pittsburgh called for throwing at Phillips.
If the Reds are throwing at McCutchen, that could be racism, but it's not coming from the fans or the media in Cincinnati.

Don't try to swap one story for another and come up with the same conclusion.

Phillips was singled out intentionally by the Pirates, their media and their fans. I wrote to the Pittsburgh beat writer and asked him why he wrote that ... wondered why he didn't even bother to get a comment from Baker -- he ignored it.

That, sir, is the difference, and stop pretending you have a similar point of view. You do not.

WvuDieHard

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,954.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Typical Pittsburgher---never address the facts only try to lead you in a different direction. Nothing but another piece of garbage.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And, no ... nobody on the Reds side of this said that, implied it or suggested it.
Nobody in the Reds side of this has suggested throwing at anybody.
That's all been a Parrots meme.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Parrots have hit more batters than anyone. Is it any wonder they get thrown at from time to time? Just sayin'.....

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evidently I was wrong. The Parrots fans say the team throws at Phillips because he plays wth a lot of zest and energy. That, the say, isn't good. So it isn't about race at all, but it's about being so damned good at the game that it looks like fun.

Who knew? Just so happens, he's black.

chico ruiz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
john,
i assume you've read this entire thread. you introduced this subject onto this board. i humbly ask that you leave it on whatever other medias you have read it. that's where it should stay. stop this nonsense now. this reminds me of the cbs board from last year as it ventured further and further into the absurd. it's a blog. we all understand that. opinions can and should be voiced, but the small lunatic 1963 fringe will only be marginalized, and finally extinguished, by ignoring them. bottom line is: leave the nutbags alone. please don't perpetuate the hate-speak on this board. you probably don't think you are, and will respond in kind. remember that those same nutbags are slowly, but very steadily, going extinct. let them die a muted death.