• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Quotes from GM Kevin Pritchard on the prospects of PC13 returning to the Pacers in FA

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are never a lot of above average players on the open market. But I'm still not sure that PG will be worth the contract he's going to receive.

Probably right.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

PG wasn't the problem, just as KD wasn't the problem.

OKC's problem and the reason they won't win a title any time soon is very simple...Westbrook.

Unless and until he learns that basketball is a team sport...the Thunder are going to continue to get what they got for the last 2 seasons.

I love watching Westbrook. I love his athleticism, I love the anger he plays with, I love how he attacks the rim like it called his mama a whore, I love how he plays both ends of the floor with equal intensity...

But there's a reason I don't want to see him playing in a Lakers uniform.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think George is very comparable in value to Klay Thompson. He is a guy you defintely want as a really good 2 way player, but I would be very nervous paying him 30 million unless I had a team ready to win and he was the missing piece. Certainly not as a #1 option.

kind of sums up PG13

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think George is very comparable in value to Klay Thompson. He is a guy you defintely want as a really good 2 way player, but I would be very nervous paying him 30 million unless I had a team ready to win and he was the missing piece. Certainly not as a #1 option.

Anyone would take Klay over PG13 or Westbrook if they had a brain

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone would take Klay over PG13 or Westbrook if they had a brain

Oh, I agree. Because Klay fits semmlessly with everybody.

But I do think they are fairly comparable overall.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I agree. Because Klay fits semmlessly with everybody.

But I do think they are fairly comparable overall.

I was just being a homer. I have no clue because I never watch Pacer basketball and I want ISIS to visit OKC.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

PG wasn't the problem, just as KD wasn't the problem.

OKC's problem and the reason they won't win a title any time soon is very simple...Westbrook.

Unless and until he learns that basketball is a team sport...the Thunder are going to continue to get what they got for the last 2 seasons.

I love watching Westbrook. I love his athleticism, I love the anger he plays with, I love how he attacks the rim like it called his mama a whore, I love how he plays both ends of the floor with equal intensity...

But there's a reason I don't want to see him playing in a Lakers uniform.

I guess Westbrook is also the reason the Pacers' spike in win total without George. @Scapegoat and I know our own teams, and we are both able to acknowledge the fact that George is not the franchise-making player the major media markets make him out to be.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess Westbrook is also the reason the Pacers' spike in win total without George. @Scapegoat and I know our own teams, and we are both able to acknowledge the fact that George is not the franchise-making player the major media markets make him out to be.

lol

Your team improved because they traded one elite player for 2 very, very good players, one of whom (Oladipo) has the chance to develop into an elite player.

Exactly no one saw that happening. You know why? Because playing with Westbrook didn't allow them to show what they were truly capable of.

Even OKC didn't know they could be this good. If they had gotten the chance to show it, there's no way OKC trades them.

Harden left. KD left. Oladipo and Sabonis turned out to be far better than anyone thought after they left and PG may well leave.

There is one common denominator to all of this.

Westbrook.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@trojanfan12 OKC won 47 last year without George, won 48 games with him this year, and watch them win a similar amount of games again next year after he leaves.

Which only proves exactly what I said. Unless and until Westbrook learns that basketball is a team sport, the Thunder will get exactly what they've gotten the last 2 years.

The only reason the Thunder were able to win as much as they did with KD there is because KD is the 2nd best player in the world, PG isn't.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which only proves exactly what I said. Unless and until Westbrook learns that basketball is a team sport, the Thunder will get exactly what they've gotten the last 2 years.

The only reason the Thunder were able to win as much as they did with KD there is because KD is the 2nd best player in the world, PG isn't.

At least it's good to know that you've picked up on my lesson to you on "cap space" in your argument with Shaneman in the other thread. :clap:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least it's good to know that you've picked up on my lesson to you on "cap space" in your argument with Shaneman in the other thread. :clap:

What the hell are you talking about? I've leaned nothing from you re: cap space.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@trojanfan12 OKC won 47 last year without George, won 48 games with him this year, and watch them win a similar amount of games again next year after he leaves.
and Indiana got better....

I think Paul George is very talented but i just dont know if id invest heavily in him.

There is a fools gold quality about him.

To use a game of thrones analogy--- a comparison they made in it was--- Renly Baratheon was like copper--- shiny and pliable but weak----- Stannis Baratheon was like iron, tough but would break before it would bend.....Robert Baratehon was the "true steel"- strong, but would bend when it needed to. @Mecca

Paul George is not the "true steel".

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

Your team improved because they traded one elite player for 2 very, very good players, one of whom (Oladipo) has the chance to develop into an elite player.

Exactly no one saw that happening. You know why? Because playing with Westbrook didn't allow them to show what they were truly capable of.

Even OKC didn't know they could be this good. If they had gotten the chance to show it, there's no way OKC trades them.

Harden left. KD left. Oladipo and Sabonis turned out to be far better than anyone thought after they left and PG may well leave.

OKC's coaching

Coaching has been the issue in OKC. Westbrook takes all of the blame but the coaching sucks.
If Westbrook went to your team you would love him.
Coaching has failed to maximize talent.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

100% accurate. He's a very good 2 way player. But he's not good enough to be the best player on one of the top teams in the league. As a #2 he's great.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coaching has been the issue in OKC. Westbrook takes all of the blame but the coaching sucks.
If Westbrook went to your team you would love him.
Coaching has failed to maximize talent.

I disagree. Westbrook is who he is.

I don't care who his coach is, he should have been able to figure out by now that he can't win by himself. But he continues to play the same way.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he's exactly had Pop coaching him, but not being able to figure out how to play alongside other top players is on him more than the coach at this point.

Maybe a better coach could have gotten through to him earlier in his career and gotten him to buy into playing team ball.

But he's been in the league for 10 years. I'd think if he was going to figure that out, he would have by now.

Maybe you're right though. I mean, if he came to the Lakers and with a combination of Luke's coaching and picking Magic's brain, he learned to play team ball...I probably would love him on the Lakers. I sure love watching him now.

I'm just not sure he's worth the chance. Especially with a young team like the Lakers have.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. Westbrook is who he is.

I don't care who his coach is, he should have been able to figure out by now that he can't win by himself. But he continues to play the same way.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he's exactly had Pop coaching him, but not being able to figure out how to play alongside other top players is on him more than the coach at this point.

Maybe a better coach could have gotten through to him earlier in his career and gotten him to buy into playing team ball.

But he's been in the league for 10 years. I'd think if he was going to figure that out, he would have by now.

Maybe you're right though. I mean, if he came to the Lakers and with a combination of Luke's coaching and picking Magic's brain, he learned to play team ball...I probably would love him on the Lakers. I sure love watching him now.

I'm just not sure he's worth the chance. Especially with a young team like the Lakers have.

We disagree on Westbrook. My comment of "you" would love Westbrook on your team was more of a general statement that everyone would like him if he played on their team. He's just that kind of player that you hate when you play against and love when he plays for you.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We disagree on Westbrook. My comment of "you" would love Westbrook on your team was more of a general statement that everyone would like him if he played on their team. He's just that kind of player that you hate when you play against and love when he plays for you.

lol

Yeah, I'm the opposite. I love watching him play, I just don't think I'd love watching him play for the Lakers.

I would always love the energy and effort, but I'd find his iso/hero ball style frustrating.

I found Kobe frustrating at times and he was Steve Nash compared to Westbrook.

And to be clear, I'm not saying that Westbrook has to completely revamp his game. If he could just get to where Kobe got on playing team ball, it would be enough, imo.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

Westbrook.
Domnatas Sabonis is a "really really" good player?

guy was a bench player that palyed 24 minutes a game