• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Quotes from GM Kevin Pritchard on the prospects of PC13 returning to the Pacers in FA

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I would want to know first if he would fit us," Pritchard said. "We're different now, Dan."

"One of the things we're about, we don't care about big names, we don't care about big personalities, we don't care about big brands. What we care about is being humble..."

"Anybody that fits in that, yeah we're interested...But if they don't fit in that, I'm not interested."

Kevin Pritchard Wants To Know If Paul George Fits Pacers Before Pursuing Him In Free Agency

In other words - He's all yours, Lakers. I have honestly never heard Pritchard diss him quite like that.
Have fun. :suds:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I would want to know first if he would fit us," Pritchard said. "We're different now, Dan."

"One of the things we're about, we don't care about big names, we don't care about big personalities, we don't care about big brands. What we care about is being humble..."

"Anybody that fits in that, yeah we're interested...But if they don't fit in that, I'm not interested."

Kevin Pritchard Wants To Know If Paul George Fits Pacers Before Pursuing Him In Free Agency

In other words - He's all yours, Lakers. I have honestly never heard Pritchard diss him quite like that.

Well,

Since the reason they traded him was because he said he would not resign long term in Indiana, I am not sure why he is even talking about this.

As for whether or not Pritchard is speaking genuinely, he probably is. But, it is kind of like the boy who gets dumped by his long time girlfriend. He is going to talk a big game like he doesn't want her back to save face publically, but if given the chance he would take her back in a second.

Just like Pritchard would if George were interested in returning to Indiana. But he isn't, so Pritchard is trying to act like he dumped her when we all know the truth.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

pretty funny.

PG has a ton of talent but there is just something off there.....he just does not seem to inspire confidence and chemistry in his teammates like a player of that caliber should.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well,

Since the reason they traded him was because he said he would not resign long term in Indiana, I am not sure why he is even talking about this.

As for whether or not Pritchard is speaking genuinely, he probably is. But, it is kind of like the boy who gets dumped by his long time girlfriend. He is going to talk a big game like he doesn't want her back to save face publically, but if given the chance he would take her back in a second.

Just like Pritchard would if George were interested in returning to Indiana. But he isn't, so Pritchard is trying to act like he dumped her when we all know the truth.

Yeah, Pritchard sounds like when a coach "removes his name from consideration" for a job he wasn't getting anyway.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Pritchard sounds like when a coach "removes his name from consideration" for a job he wasn't getting anyway.
sinking like a 1//3 of your pay roll into a guy is a big decision.

I am on record as thinking PG is one of the most talented players in the league- but I do ahve to say something seems off about it him- we discussed it the other day.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am on record as thinking PG is one of the most talented players in the league- but I do ahve to say something seems off about it him- we discussed it the other day.

May just be that he's better served as a #2 than a #1? May be that the talent Indy had around him wasn't what it needed to be or that he just wanted out?

If he goes to the Lakers and Lebron doesn't join him, we'll find out, because he'll be expected to be their leader.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think George is very comparable in value to Klay Thompson. He is a guy you defintely want as a really good 2 way player, but I would be very nervous paying him 30 million unless I had a team ready to win and he was the missing piece. Certainly not as a #1 option.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think George is very comparable in value to Klay Thompson. He is a guy you defintely want as a really good 2 way player, but I would be very nervous paying him 30 million unless I had a team ready to win and he was the missing piece. Certainly not as a #1 option.

Saw this first had this season.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,393.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well,

BOOM.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well,

That's about as good of an analogy as you're going to get.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw this first had this season.

I actually feel bad for you guys having to pay that guy $180 million. It isn't as if he's going to help you win a championship in that murder's row of a conference.

Considering you guys were almost as good last season without George as you were with him, you'd almost be better served if he'd leave and while allowing you guys to save some money and to let some of your young wings such as Abrines and Ferguson to develop into something.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is PC13?

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But, it is kind of like the boy who gets dumped by his long time girlfriend. He is going to talk a big game like he doesn't want her back to save face publically, but if given the chance he would take her back in a second.

Or maybe, just maybe, he was posed the question and simply gave his brutally honest answer, and you are overanalyzing again like you typically do.:doh:

Spending $30 million annually to make our team marginally better is counterproductive. You know it, I know it, Pritchard knows it, and the American public knows it.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually feel bad for you guys having to pay that guy $180 million. It isn't as if he's going to help you win a championship in that murder's row of a conference.

Considering you guys were almost as good last season without George as you were with him, you'd almost be better served if he'd leave and while allowing you guys to save some money and to let some of your young wings such as Abrines and Ferguson to develop into something.

I'd be ok if he goes somewhere else. Other than the name he doesn't bring a lot more than any other above average two way player.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or maybe, just maybe, he was posed the question and simply gave his brutally honest answer, and you are overanalyzing again like you typically do.:doh:

Spending $30 million annually to make our team marginally better is counterproductive. You know it, I know it, Pritchard knows it, and the American public knows it.

Overanalyzing?

LOL.

It was a bad question, because there is no chance PG13 returns. It was a set up to give Pritchard an opportunity to slam George.

And here you are creating yet another thread to further your own personal agenda against him. You got the better end of the trade. Now let it go already.

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... And the definition of insanity is:L

George has to be one of the most overrated players of the last decade. The experiment doesn't work. George going anywheres probably won't work. He's a playoff dud. This has been proven for YEARS

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know he’s got a good reputation defensively but has PG been the same defender since that gruesome injury? The numbers seem to indicate that he has not. But I haven’t watched him much so maybe the numbers are wrong.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be ok if he goes somewhere else. Other than the name he doesn't bring a lot more than any other above average two way player.

How many above average two way wings are there? And how often are they available on the open market?

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many above average two way wings are there? And how often are they available on the open market?

There are never a lot of above average players on the open market. But I'm still not sure that PG will be worth the contract he's going to receive.