• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Quinn

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Name the guys in that top 10 you think Dak is better than genius
for me it would be Newton & Watson.

Newton plays for himself and we'd be roasting Dak if he had played as bad as Watson did in the playoff game last season.
Best trait about Dak remains his leadership. Staubach was on the radio last week talking about all 53 on the squad believe in Dak and how rare that is

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for me it would be Newton & Watson.

Newton plays for himself and we'd be roasting Dak if he had played as bad as Watson did in the playoff game last season.
Best trait about Dak remains his leadership. Staubach was on the radio last week talking about all 53 on the squad believe in Dak and how rare that is
That's fair, and I would rather have Dak than Cam, but Can has also carried a team to the Super Bowl, and killed us when they played us. As to Watson, I think he has a lot less help on offense.
On the 2nd line, I think Mayfield is already equal, but it's close.
Point wasn't to bash Dak, he is borderline top 10 no worse than 15, that's really good. But he is not top 5, no way is he Brady, ARod, Wilson, Mahomes or Brees. The other players we have coming up are top 5

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Says the guy who argues Dak over Mahomes. Next you'll say Joey Gallo is better than Mike Trout
Didn't argue Dak over Mahomes. I'm saying Mahomes is not definitively better than Dak after one season. Trout has been the absolute class of baseball for the last half decade and change and is already one of the best players in MLB history. Don't even insult Trout like that by using him in an analogy to embellish Mahomes.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Name the guys in that top 10 you think Dak is better than genius
After Luck, Rodgers, Brady, Brees, and Ryan, Dak is in that group of QBs. If you think Dak is the same as Stafford, Foles, Mayfield, Wentz, and Goff, I don't know what to even say. Dak has been clearly the class of his draft class when considering he's in one of the least QB-friendly systems in the NFL.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, I like Dak, saying Tony Romo wasn't as good as Tom Brady isn't bashing, it's being honest.

10 better...
Brady
Rodgers
Brees
Mahomes
Wilson
Rivers
Luck
Ryan
Newton
Watson

About the same as
Mayfield
Foles
Wentz
Goff
Stafford

A little better than
Roethlisberger(strictly age)
Cousins
Winston
Mariota
Garoppolo
L Jackson
All the rest

Dak does a great job, but he is surrounded by the most young talent in the NFL. Any of the ''better than'' and ''same as'' would win with this supporting cast
Dak is much better than Newton and I can see making a case for him better than Watson but Big Ben is better:2cents:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After Luck, Rodgers, Brady, Brees, and Ryan, Dak is in that group of QBs. If you think Dak is the same as Stafford, Foles, Mayfield, Wentz, and Goff, I don't know what to even say. Dak has been clearly the class of his draft class when considering he's in one of the least QB-friendly systems in the NFL.
Russell Wilson? Phillip Rivers?
What about the others you say aren't in Daks class? You think Mayfield and Stafford couldn't complete wide open throws against teams running 8 in the box to stop Zeke? Every single defense that plays Dallas says the same thing post game...we wanted to stack vs Zeke and make Dak beat us. Your "least QB friendly offense" comment is a joke. Dak has played with Zeke Elliott, Zach Martin and Jason Witten...future HOFers... as well as Tyron Smith, Travis Frederick, Amari Cooper, Cole Beasley and Dez Bryant in his three seasons, and now he has a top 5 defense to boot. Compare that with what Aaron Rodgers plays with week in and week out(oh yeah, we have Randall Cobb now too) and tell me again how it's not a QB friendly offense. Come on Earl Prescott

Reactions: GNG

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell Wilson? Phillip Rivers?
What about the others you say aren't in Daks class? You think Mayfield and Stafford couldn't complete wide open throws against teams running 8 in the box to stop Zeke? Every single defense that plays Dallas says the same thing post game...we wanted to stack vs Zeke and make Dak beat us. Your "least QB friendly offense" comment is a joke. Dak has played with Zeke Elliott, Zach Martin and Jason Witten...future HOFers... as well as Tyron Smith, Travis Frederick, Amari Cooper, Cole Beasley and Dez Bryant in his three seasons, and now he has a top 5 defense to boot. Compare that with what Aaron Rodgers plays with week in and week out(oh yeah, we have Randall Cobb now too) and tell me again how it's not a QB friendly offense. Come on Earl Prescott
You are completely clueless about football. There is no point in arguing with you.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing is the cowboys need to throw more against those 8 man fronts,but they dont do it. They need a better game plan. It is not like dak is throwing over and over and failing. Just way too many 3rd and longs as the OL is not currently dominant

. We are going to have receivers open all over the field and the cowboys need to let dak throw more. I would suggest lining zeke out wide way more often and use different formations. They need to let Moore tweak the offense and use more deception.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing is the cowboys need to throw more against those 8 man fronts,but they dont do it. They need a better game plan. It is not like dak is throwing over and over and failing. Just way too many 3rd and longs as the OL is not currently dominant

. We are going to have receivers open all over the field and the cowboys need to let dak throw more. I would suggest lining zeke out wide way more often and use different formations. They need to let Moore tweak the offense and use more deception.

No no no. Let that idiot UK keep thinking that having good players around you makes the offense QB friendly. The route combinations, the play calling, and how the weapons are utilized have nothing to do with it.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No no no. Let that idiot UK keep thinking that having good players around you makes the offense QB friendly. The route combinations, the play calling, and how the weapons are utilized have nothing to do with it.
How about having a QB who gets the ball out as his foot is planting at the end of his drop...instead of looking...looking....looking...sacked...again

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're so far up Dak's ass you wouldn't know either way
I'm up Dak's ass because he's a great QB. It's just a shame half of this fan base can't appreciate what we have because they read or listen to a bunch of bullshit hot takes that don't accurately evaluate what Dak really is. I have literally posted all kinds of evidence that suggest Dak is a great QB and it's greatly ignored here by people just like you. The fact that you think Stafford and Mayfield are even in Dak league suggests you are clueless as fuck and aren't worth arguing with. The QB with the 6th highest depth adjusted accuracy in the league misses open receivers, but Stafford, the guy who is 29th in the same stat, and Baker Mayfield, who was 32nd, apparently would hit receivers that Dak misses. Dak was literally top 5 in total QBR his first two seasons starting. Dropped this year in large part due to Dak having 6 accurate passes in the endzone being dropped by his intended receiver. Dak has been litreally top 10 in all three of his seasons as a starting QB in depth adjusted accuracy, yet the narrative is that he misses open receivers.

This is a fact not an opinion: Dak is one of the more accurate quarterbacks in the NFL that operates one of the most QB unfriendly intermediate passing offenses in the NFL.

You think this offense is QB friendly simply because he has talent around him. That is absolutely stupid thinking. The Cowboys ask Dak to throw intermediate passes all game, don't utilize playaction nearly enough even though they have a stud RB, don't run screens nearly enough, and don't devise deep shots nearly enough even though Dak is far above league average in deep throws. People say Dak doesn't throw deep. That's false. He doesn't often get the opportunity because receivers are running stop routes 80% of the game. And he rarely has the opportunity to pad his stats with well designed plays like many QBs. Did you know that 17 of Mahomes 53 TDs last year didn't travel more than two yards in the air? 8 of them were screen passes. I'm not saying Mahomes is better than Dak, but he's in a much superior scheme and has a way better play caller calling his plays. To think that an offense is QB friendly simply because of the names on the back of jerseys around him is dumb.

Romo made this outdated offense and scheme work for years because Romo was given the freedom to change plays as he saw fit. Dak hasn't been given that opportunity yet. That's why his stats are suffering This scheme is absolute poison and it's holding back and wasting the potential of an offense that has three All Pro lineman, an All Pro RB, and a potential All Pro QB.

But I'm sure this post, just like many will get ignored and I'll have to explain myself all over again.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about having a QB who gets the ball out as his foot is planting at the end of his drop...instead of looking...looking....looking...sacked...again

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm up Dak's ass because he's a great QB. It's just a shame half of this fan base can't appreciate what we have because they read or listen to a bunch of bullshit hot takes that don't accurately evaluate what Dak really is. I have literally posted all kinds of evidence that suggest Dak is a great QB and it's greatly ignored here by people just like you. The fact that you think Stafford and Mayfield are even in Dak league suggests you are clueless as fuck and aren't worth arguing with. The QB with the 6th highest depth adjusted accuracy in the league misses open receivers, but Stafford, the guy who is 29th in the same stat, and Baker Mayfield, who was 32nd, apparently would hit receivers that Dak misses. Dak was literally top 5 in total QBR his first two seasons starting. Dropped this year in large part due to Dak having 6 accurate passes in the endzone being dropped by his intended receiver. Dak has been litreally top 10 in all three of his seasons as a starting QB in depth adjusted accuracy, yet the narrative is that he misses open receivers.

This is a fact not an opinion: Dak is one of the more accurate quarterbacks in the NFL that operates one of the most QB unfriendly intermediate passing offenses in the NFL.

You think this offense is QB friendly simply because he has talent around him. That is absolutely stupid thinking. The Cowboys ask Dak to throw intermediate passes all game, don't utilize playaction nearly enough even though they have a stud RB, don't run screens nearly enough, and don't devise deep shots nearly enough even though Dak is far above league average in deep throws. People say Dak doesn't throw deep. That's false. He doesn't often get the opportunity because receivers are running stop routes 80% of the game. And he rarely has the opportunity to pad his stats with well designed plays like many QBs. Did you know that 17 of Mahomes 53 TDs last year didn't travel more than two yards in the air? 8 of them were screen passes. I'm not saying Mahomes is better than Dak, but he's in a much superior scheme and has a way better play caller calling his plays. To think that an offense is QB friendly simply because of the names on the back of jerseys around him is dumb.

Romo made this outdated offense and scheme work for years because Romo was given the freedom to change plays as he saw fit. Dak hasn't been given that opportunity yet. That's why his stats are suffering This scheme is absolute poison and it's holding back and wasting the potential of an offense that has three All Pro lineman, an All Pro RB, and a potential All Pro QB.

But I'm sure this post, just like many will get ignored and I'll have to explain myself all over again.
He's a good QB. He is not a great QB. He could be in a couple of years if he cleans up some things like deep ball accuracy and getting rid of the ball quicker, and not fumbling as much

And Mahomes is better than Dak. Good Lord dumbass...

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2019 NFL QB tiers: Who's a franchise guy? A rising star? A place holder? Here's where your starter ranks

Jason La Canfora revisits his tiers from the last two seasons and reveals his new quarterback rankings
Welcome to my third-annual attempt to clump and categorize the NFL's starting quarterbacks.

The first two years I created this strata, it was a labor of love. I poured over it for hour after hour and went back-and-forth on how to divide the tiers and how much to factor in past production. It would take on two or three incarnations in a notebook before I took to the laptop to write up a proper column. But things went a little smoother this time around.

This year, it was far less arduous. Perhaps it's me patting myself on the back, because I didn't feel like much had to change from the 2018 list, save for some obvious new additions (PATRICK BLEEPIN MAHOMES) and with guys who I had in the bottom tier for veterans, already in 2018, losing their starting gigs in 2019 (Sam Bradford and Ryan Tannehill, anyone?). Basically, things just fell into place.

The biggest changes came in Tier 3 (Rising Stars), which, frankly, I've been a little too liberal with in the past. I've whiffed on projecting a breakthrough for too many young quarterbacks who have either regressed or simply failed to take off, so I am cutting down from eight Rising Stars a year ago to just four in 2019. And yes, this does involve my own opinions and projections, and is not based on some statistical equation or advanced formula.

It's subjective, and, well, subject to change – as in next spring, when I do it all again. But I tend to like the tiers I created and, aside from over-valuing what Kirk Cousins, Tyrod Taylor and Case Keenum might be able to accomplish in new locales a year ago, I can't quibble too much with what I did in 2018. Age and injuries knocked some from the list – inevitable in this sport – and with so few QBs from the upcoming draft expected to start right away (aside from first-overall pick Kyler Murray), I am comfortable going with these 32 guys (if Josh Rosen is dealt to Washington, and displaces Keenum as the starter, feel free to project him into Tier 7: The Verdict Is Out. The Cardinals tried like hell to break him in half as a rookie, but he hung in there and deserves better someplace else).

On to the list …

Tier 1: Bona Fide Franchise Quarterbacks
2017: Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, Russell Wilson, Drew Brees, Ben Roethlisberger, Cam Newton
2018: Rodgers, Brady, Wilson, Brees, Roethlisberger, Newton, Carson Wentz
2019: Rodgers, Brady, Wilson, Brees, Roethlisberger, Newton, Patrick Mahomes, Andrew Luck

This is the highest of terrain, reserved for men who have won MVPs and rings, or, in several cases, both. It isn't easy to crack, but Mahomes, throwing 50 touchdowns passes in what amounts to his rookie season and nearly slaying the Pats to get to the Super Bowl, um, yeah, that will qualify. Wentz drops down, with injuries slowing his ascent, though I could see him right back here in 2020. I believe Newton will have a bounce-back season as well: I like the assemblage of talent around him and a second year with Norv Turner will produce some big things in Carolina, says here. It's time for Rodgers to start playing week in and week out like an MVP, too, and we'll see how his relationship develops with novice head coach Matt LaFleur. Luck has been destined for this tier for a while, and with the way he played last year, after missing so much time to serious injury and worrying if he'd ever make it back, I suspect that by January no one is arguing against him being in the top eight passers on the planet.

Tier 2: Top Pros, Proven Winners
2017: Matt Ryan, Philip Rivers, Eli Manning, Derek Carr, Matt Stafford, Tony Romo
2018: Ryan, Rivers, Stafford, Kirk Cousins
2019: Ryan, Rivers, Baker Mayfield, Deshaun Watson

I am still kicking myself for going against my gut and putting Manning in this slot two years ago. Belonged way down. Anywho, Ryan and Rivers speak for themselves, and normally a guy like Mayfield would probably be in Tier 3 after less than a season under center. But he won, regularly, with a Browns team that had not won anything for like two years, and he did it despite Hue Jackson still being the head coach at the time. The kid will be Tier 1 next spring and I came damn close to putting him there today. Watson bounced back with aplomb from an ACL tear, and maybe this year the Texans will actually start protecting him from getting pummeled most weekends. Might be a novel approach, with J.J. Watt not getting any younger and this kid being the franchise and all.

Tier 3: Rising Stars

2017: Dak Prescott, Wentz, Luck, Marcus Mariota, Jameis Winston, Jimmy Garoppolo
2018: Garoppolo, Prescott, Winston, Mariota, Watson, Derek Carr, Jared Goff
2019: Wentz, Sam Darnold, Goff, Garoppolo

This is the domain for those with immense upside and youth on their side, who I believe will be knocking on the door of a top 10-12 QB when the upcoming season is all said and done. And, yeah, I have been too lenient with entrance to this club in the past. It's difficult to pick precisely which first and second year QBs will really take a leap forward, and injuries have been a factor here. If Wentz stays healthy he moves up next year, Darnold will do big things in Year 2 and Kyle Shanahan will get a lot out of Jimmy G, trust me, even coming off surgery. With the Rams now the hunted and with Todd Gurley's health a subject of debate and conjecture, will Goff take another leap forward? Even with the genius of Sean McVay behind him, I'm not certain he joins the truly elite. There are some limitations. If all goes well, guys in this category could have Pro Bowls and accolades in their future.

Tier 4: You Can Win With Them
2017: Cousins, Andy Dalton, Tyrod Taylor, Ryan Tannehill
2018: Alex Smith, Case Keenum, Taylor
2019: Cousins, Stafford, Prescott, Carr, Winston, Nick Foles, Mitch Trubisky

Pressure is on Cousins to deliver in January, big time. He needs to beat good teams. Stafford's arm talent and toughness are unquestioned, but he's been increasingly under scrutiny and that contract is a monster. Prescott is about to get paid like a top QB, but I remain a skeptic about him advancing beyond what he is, and the inability to push the ball downfield much is a problem. If Carr doesn't produce with the new cast of talent put around him, Jon Gruden will make him the next big-name player traded out of Oakland. Foles' recent resume keeps him out of Tier 5, though I think he'll have a hard time thriving with the Jaguars having arguably the worst skill players in the NFL around him. Bruce Arians' arrival in Tampa could save Winston, and I'm willing to bet on that working out. Plenty of people are anointing Trubisky, but I want to see him play better outside of the scripted first quarter and handle a bigger role. The Bears have a tougher schedule ahead and if that defense slips just a little … With all of these guys, if there is enough around them they can help you win games, but expecting them to be able to carry your team is probably asking too much.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A great QB would call an audible:L
Yeah, except that would ruin a thing called a hierarchy between the coach and QB. A QB just can't change plays unless he's allowed to. Dak doesn't have the control or experience that Romo had to overrule plays. Like PDay has said several times for as long as I've known him, some people should just read posts and learn instead of posting.