• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Quinn

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've always had solid football points.

I just expect Dak to continue to work his ass off. I remain a Dak ball washer cause of his work ethic and desire. The kis is a great leader...something I think Romo lacked most of his years here
Thank You. And I think the Romo comparison is very valid for where Dak is. I thought Romo was a truly great QB his last 4-5 years in Dallas, unfortunately his body failed him. The middle years he was a good QB that never had a defense, and his early years a really gifted player that made crazy mistakes at key moments. He progressed. I think if you look at Dak, he doesn't have the overall numbers that Tony had at the start, but he is a better player at the same stage. He takes care of the ball and he is a clutch leader. Throw in his work ethic and there's no reason to think he can't be a great QB in a few years. I see him as possibly a better version of Steve McNair, a total winner

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So PDay, and I'm only asking, not picking another fight...is saying that Dak isn't a guy who deserves top 5 money YET but is in the top 10-12(after only 3 years) not backing your QB?
I think in the QB/NFL world. Most QBs that get the record breaking contracts arent worth it. (basically if your name isnt Rodgers, Brady, Brees) So it goes without saying Wilson, Dak & any others who's contracts are coming up arent worth top 5 money. but it is the way of things in the NFL nowadays. Dont think it is smart for the team to start over at QB either. (unless you are in rebuild mode) if you go FA you are overpaying that guy as well.

With Dak I figure he would be in the 25 mil range.
NFL/QB contracts are in the 30+ mil range now.
If we get him for 28 I will take it as a win when all is said & done.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think in the QB/NFL world. Most QBs that get the record breaking contracts arent worth it. (basically if your name isnt Rodgers, Brady, Brees) So it goes without saying Wilson, Dak & any others who's contracts are coming up arent worth top 5 money. but it is the way of things in the NFL nowadays. Dont think it is smart for the team to start over at QB either. (unless you are in rebuild mode) if you go FA you are overpaying that guy as well.

Yeah $28 would be the top end for me now, but would work out great for both sides going forward. This team has to look at his situation a little different than most teams because if we can keep this talent together for 5 years, there is no doubt in my mind we get #6

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can agree here. A few weeks ago I said 25M is at the high end, but with DLmen getting up to 23M, 25M for your Franchise QB isn't happening.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've always had solid football points.

I just expect Dak to continue to work his ass off. I remain a Dak ball washer cause of his work ethic and desire. The kis is a great leader...something I think Romo lacked most of his years here

Anyone questioning his leadership “skills” is just bound and determined to dislike him. And it’s a shame. Because he can continue to develop his skills on the field. But when it comes to the 52 other guys on the roster willing to give everything they have for you, you either have “it” or you don’t.

Dak has “it”.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the problem Earl. You make excuses for everything Dak does wrong and blame it on others and you give him credit for everything he does well and even things that he doesn't do well - ie. the TE "dropped pass" in the end zone that was a poor throw. You also cherry pick your stats to stress the Dak is great argument. Your Dak comments are identical to those that did the same for Romo. You aren't objective at all on the topic and that's why you get so much crap on the topic. You are right to stress the things Dak does well because there are a lot of them but you don't admit when he doesn't do well and instead blame it on someone else and that kills your credibility on the Dak topic.

I like Dak because he is a flat out winner and comes through for us over and over in big spots. I don't care that most NFL fans think that he only wins because of Zeke and his OL but it does bother me when Cowboy fans say it and when I read what they say they come off as either people who can't get rid of their false belief of who Romo was or whiny fans that expect perfection and look for someone to blame. He is the one that wins us games at crunch time, not Zeke. The OL was not better than NFL average the last two years and he still won games for us. He is IMO the single most important Cowboy and there is no close #2. Zeke is a great player, but not the reason we win. Yes, the play calling and route running has been horrible at times but you need to find ways to succeed in spite of that because on almost every play there is a guy open (even if just one step) and as a QB you need to find him. There have been many, many examples of him not seeing a guy that was open for a huge play that could have changed a game. I don't blame him for that because it happens to every single QB, but he needs to get better at it. He still throws off of his back foot instead of setting and throwing and it effects his accuracy and he often needs to get rid of the ball quicker and see when guys are about to come open so he can get them the ball before the window closes. He has had some big misses on deep balls to Gallup. When a guy has 3 steps you need to complete those passes because it changes the game and opens up everything. Again, I don't blame him for those because it happens to everyone, but he needs to get on the same page with Gallup and I think he will. Those aren't my opinions they are mostly facts, but again he is a young QB and will work on those things and he has been better than almost every QB in the game over his first 3 seasons.

I watch plays like the run against NO or Sea and I think 2 or 3 QBs at most in the game could have made those plays and also complete some of the passes he does. I think he needs to run more because it is a big part of what can make him even better. I saw a stat a couple of months ago where someone carved out a number of games at the end of year two and the beginning of year 3 and showed how fantastic Dak has been and just had a poor spell in the middle. That is how I view him and I expect him to be just as good going forward. I will not be happy if we give him $30M per year, but I'd be more upset if we let him walk.

:2cents:
I don't cherry pick stats. Pretty much every stat in the last three seasons shows Dak has been better than most of his peers. Depth adjusted accuracy is the best stat out there that judges how well a QB throws the football and that stat holds more weight than a bunch of Cowboy fans every week over-analyzing a few missed throws Dak makes in a game. I defend Dak against false narratives about him. Dak doesn't miss open receivers any more regularly than most QBs do. His accuracy isn't the issue that many people claim it is. Dak's biggest weaknesses are his feel in the pocket and his footwork. His footwork is something that must be fixed to take the next step. You only see what you wanna see. This isn't even a Dak topic. I didn't even bring Dak up in this thread. UK did. My Dak comments aren't identical to anyone's. I literally post factual info with gifs and data stressing my points and don't just throw out hot takes. I don't make 100 threads like RomoToOwens made about Romo professing my love for Dak. I don't even make threads about him at all. 95% of the time I'm defending Dak from kneejerk reaction hot takes or from bullshit like this thread where UK was just looking to pick a fight. My credibility hasn't been killed by anything. You just don't read the posts and absorb the free information just like UK doesn't.

Me criticizing the play calling and scheme isn't just defending Dak. It's defending Zeke too. The bad scheme actually holds back Zeke's efficiency as well as the receivers. It hurts everyone. Zeke gets a bunch of yards off of sure volume. Zeke had over 2000 yards from scrimmage last year and only 9 total TDs. That's absolutely laughable and a reflection on how he was utilized poorly. You guys think I'm all about Dak when I want the offense to succeed. The offense can't succeed if the QB is being anchored by the scheme and offensive coordinator. You say these are excuses for Dak when they are legitimate points.

It literally makes no sense in an era where pass defense can easily be manipulated and exploited due to new rules to run the 1993 style of offense that the Cowboys run. Playing for 3rd down actually makes it easier to stop you.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no issues with your opinions on Dak. You make great points as well. I made my comments only when the judge took a side and started acting all judge like.

No Dak doesn't deserve top 3 money and I don't think he's expecting that. The market is what it is, which isn't his fault. I'd have a problem with Dak if he expects top 3 money. I've also said many times that a championship trumps the money being paid to me
The judge...what a joke you are...
90% of what I wrote was pro Dak anyways, but you remain the know it all on the forum, so it is what it is...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't cherry pick stats. Pretty much every stat in the last three seasons shows Dak has been better than most of his peers. Depth adjusted accuracy is the best stat out there that judges how well a QB throws the football and that stat holds more weight than a bunch of Cowboy fans every week over-analyzing a few missed throws Dak makes in a game. I defend Dak against false narratives about him. Dak doesn't miss open receivers any more regularly than most QBs do. His accuracy isn't the issue that many people claim it is. Dak's biggest weaknesses are his feel in the pocket and his footwork. His footwork is something that must be fixed to take the next step. You only see what you wanna see. This isn't even a Dak topic. I didn't even bring Dak up in this thread. UK did. My Dak comments aren't identical to anyone's. I literally post factual info with gifs and data stressing my points and don't just throw out hot takes. I don't make 100 threads like RomoToOwens made about Romo professing my love for Dak. I don't even make threads about him at all. 95% of the time I'm defending Dak from kneejerk reaction hot takes or from bullshit like this thread where UK was just looking to pick a fight. My credibility hasn't been killed by anything. You just don't read the posts and absorb the free information just like UK doesn't.

Me criticizing the play calling and scheme isn't just defending Dak. It's defending Zeke too. The bad scheme actually holds back Zeke's efficiency as well as the receivers. It hurts everyone. Zeke gets a bunch of yards off of sure volume. Zeke had over 2000 yards from scrimmage last year and only 9 total TDs. That's absolutely laughable and a reflection on how he was utilized poorly. You guys think I'm all about Dak when I want the offense to succeed. The offense can't succeed if the QB is being anchored by the scheme and offensive coordinator. You say these are excuses for Dak when they are legitimate points.

It literally makes no sense in an era where pass defense can easily be manipulated and exploited due to new rules to run the 1993 style of offense that the Cowboys run. Playing for 3rd down actually makes it easier to stop you.
Your credibility on the topic of Dak is what I meant, not on all

On the second point, did you even read what I wrote about Dak?

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said they shouldn't even consider resigning Zeke, Jaylon and Byron. That stupidity is what started this. Enough
Nope re-read what I said. I said they shouldn't consider signing them "AT THIS POINT." At this point means right now. That doesn't mean my opinion on it can't change down the line. And I explained in full detail why I felt that way. You say stupidity. I say it's stupidity to want to give everyone a fucking big contract after one good season. Your stupidity and terrible reading comprehension is what started this. Jaarnt apparently suffers from the same thing you do because he took offense from the same thing when my point was that I'm not willing to just give everyone a big deal right now. You guys think it's head scratching that I'm not willing to give an RB big money yet after seeing another RB run for 1800 yards behind this same offensive line in 2014 that we let walk. And before anyone even assumes I'm saying that Zeke is a product of the Oline, that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that I don't think it will be too difficult for the Cowboys to replace Zeke with another great RB. You guys think it's head scratching that I don't wanna shell out big money to Zero interception Byron Jones that took bad paths to the football every year of his career before last year and an injury risk like Jaylon Smith with flaws big money just because they had one great season. Talk about stupidity.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your credibility on the topic of Dak is what I meant, not on all

On the second point, did you even read what I wrote about Dak?

Yes I read it and I don't disagree with some of the points you've made. But I do disagree about the missed open receivers thing. Again, he doesn't miss receivers any more regularly than most QBs. I literally posted a link of Rodgers missing open receivers to highlight how even the best QB can fuck up. People see Dak miss Gallup on a big play and that just reaffirms their narrative about what Dak is but ignore the dimes that drop to Gallup for big plays. I don't ignore the bad Dak does. I point out the good because many people on this board don't seem to have many nice things to say about him. And when they do, it just comes off as forced bullshit like UK. Like he says he likes Dak, yet when he saw me in the thread commenting about other players, he takes the opportunity to take a shot at Dak.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I read it and I don't disagree with some of the points you've made. But I do disagree about the missed open receivers thing. Again, he doesn't miss receivers any more regularly than most QBs. I literally posted a link of Rodgers missing open receivers to highlight how even the best QB can fuck up. People see Dak miss Gallup on a big play and that just reaffirms their narrative about what Dak is but ignore the dimes that drop to Gallup for big plays. I don't ignore the bad Dak does. I point out the good because many people on this board don't seem to have many nice things to say about him. And when they do, it just comes off as forced bullshit like UK. Like he says he likes Dak, yet when he saw me in the thread commenting about other players, he takes the opportunity to take a shot at Dak.

What I said: "There have been many, many examples of him not seeing a guy that was open for a huge play that could have changed a game. I don't blame him for that because it happens to every single QB, but he needs to get better at it. "

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I said: "There have been many, many examples of him not seeing a guy that was open for a huge play that could have changed a game. I don't blame him for that because it happens to every single QB, but he needs to get better at it. "
But you could say that about every QB. It's petty criticism. I have way more issues with Dak's footwork.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you could say that about every QB. It's petty criticism. I have way more issues with Dak's footwork.
Pocket presence. I would like to see that get better. Although he was improving it late last year.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happens to every QB but he struggles more with going through his progressions and locating the open guy than most do. It's only year 4 so he has time to get better and likely will, but it IS an area that he needs to improve on.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
90% of what I wrote was pro Dak anyways, but you remain the know it all on the forum, so it is what it is...
and you remain a fucking cry baby that points his finger at others while doing the same shit you point fingers at.

Judge fits...you judged Earl and compared his posts to Romotoowens and they are no where near the same...THEN YOU you talk about credibility , which remains you biggest issue. Most here give a rats ass about board credibillty, but you clearly do...as if that's bonus points. Your issue pal, not mine

point your finger at me all you want, that's what you've always done when your panties get all bunched up your ass.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OH....I didn't read your Dak points.
I commented on you tagging earl's credibility....something you seem to care greatly about of a chat board :rolleyes2:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope re-read what I said. I said they shouldn't consider signing them "AT THIS POINT." At this point means right now. That doesn't mean my opinion on it can't change down the line. And I explained in full detail why I felt that way. You say stupidity. I say it's stupidity to want to give everyone a fucking big contract after one good season. Your stupidity and terrible reading comprehension is what started this. Jaarnt apparently suffers from the same thing you do because he took offense from the same thing when my point was that I'm not willing to just give everyone a big deal right now. You guys think it's head scratching that I'm not willing to give an RB big money yet after seeing another RB run for 1800 yards behind this same offensive line in 2014 that we let walk. And before anyone even assumes I'm saying that Zeke is a product of the Oline, that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that I don't think it will be too difficult for the Cowboys to replace Zeke with another great RB. You guys think it's head scratching that I don't wanna shell out big money to Zero interception Byron Jones that took bad paths to the football every year of his career before last year and an injury risk like Jaylon Smith with flaws big money just because they had one great season. Talk about stupidity.
I swear dude, if you would treat all the players with the same measuring stick I'd have no issue with you. Dak can do no wrong, everyone else has warts

Reactions: GNG