• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Quinn being targeted

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really think the only reason Quinn is still here is because of the Super Bowl. I kinda think he may have ended up in Cleveland if we hadnt advanced that far. I expect this year to be the same.

I'm glad he didn't go to Cleveland. Don't get me wrong I'll be happy for Quinn when he moves on to coach another team, but Cleveland is a black hole that ruins careers. Hard to believe anyone willingly takes that job.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being reported this morning that Falcons, Jets, and 49ers will be requesting to interview Quinn. The other teams with openings may as well. Got to figure this will be his last year with the Seahawks with that many options and negotiating power.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams need permission to interview DQ don't they? If so, does SF get permission before season's end?

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams need permission to interview DQ don't they? If so, does SF get permission before season's end?

Think they can request and initiate contact during this bye week for any Seahawks coaches. But starting next week, they can't untill the Seahawks season is truely over.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The fan in me says Hell No! But Pete's always said he's always willing to help staff move up the ladder and improve their standing. I believe Bradley, Bevell or both had visits in the bye week last postseason.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fan in me says Hell No! But Pete's always said he's always willing to help staff move up the ladder and improve their standing. I believe Bradley, Bevell or both had visits in the bye week last postseason.

Yeah, that sounds familiar. I am very curious if SF asks for permission and will they get it. I bet they ask for permission whether they are truly interested or not just to gauge Seattle's answer.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously this is a really good problem to have. Guessing Quinn is going to prefer an AFC team and if NFC then outside the division. Falcons may be a decent spot since they already have the QB. Hard to see him jumping at SF when he's going to be linked to pretty much every gig out there. Jets would have seemed like a great fit with former Seattle guy Idzik there a good tradition of defense, but he got fired of course.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would like to see Quinn take over the Jets and take that defense to the next level they have some monsters already set on that D maybe we can do a swap and have Rex as our D coordinator and Quinn as their HC lol

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously this is a really good problem to have. Guessing Quinn is going to prefer an AFC team and if NFC then outside the division. Falcons may be a decent spot since they already have the QB. Hard to see him jumping at SF when he's going to be linked to pretty much every gig out there. Jets would have seemed like a great fit with former Seattle guy Idzik there a good tradition of defense, but he got fired of course.

Jets are a disaster. Quinn and the new GM would need time to retool that team, and in the NFL some owners demand instant success plus the NY media breathing down their necks spells doom too me. I think there's better gigs then the Jets.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jets are a disaster. Quinn and the new GM would need time to retool that team, and in the NFL some owners demand instant success plus the NY media breathing down their necks spells doom too me. I think there's better gigs then the Jets.

I disagree what team you know can be 4-12 and have a defense ranked 6th in the league? they have talent at the WR position, a young TE in Jace Amaro (whom i wanted the hawks to draft) he really just needs to retool the run game and find a QB that doesnt turn the ball over similar to the seahawks.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jets are a disaster and of course NY is a tough town but with the team being bad for a couple years now, I think that can actually ease up some pressure on the new crew that comes in.

I honestly don't know how good of a HC prospect Quinn is. He's done well here, but he was dealt a pretty pat hand as DC. He's made the foxhole better, but I'm not sure that automatically means he's a future stud HC. He's certainly going to get a gig sooner or later though, so I guess we'll find out.

droider

Human NFL Almanac and College Football Insider
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quinn is a New Jersey guy, so that's a plus from the Jets standpoint. Problem is, they need a complete overall on offense and it's unknown what kind of network Quinn has to build that side of the ball. Jets might be thinking they need to go offensive this time.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plot thickens. Looks like the Jets are planning a twofer raid on the Seahawks talent.

Jets reps are flying out to not only interview Dan Quinn for the open HC position on Friday, but they will interview Seahawks personal director, Trent Kirchner, for their GM position as well.

Kirchner was hired on the same time John Schneider was in 2010. He's been one of the top scout and talent evaluators from us during the Carroll era.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quinn is a New Jersey guy, so that's a plus from the Jets standpoint. Problem is, they need a complete overall on offense and it's unknown what kind of network Quinn has to build that side of the ball. Jets might be thinking they need to go offensive this time.

Just like Carroll, you can always hire the right Offensive coordination talent and let them do their thing. Seahawks needed a total overhaul on offense as well when PC arrived. Worked out well, but Jet's fans better be ready for a roster implosion and rebuild from scratch.

droider

Human NFL Almanac and College Football Insider
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just like Carroll, you can always hire the right Offensive coordination talent and let them do their thing. Seahawks needed a total overhaul on offense as well when PC arrived. Worked out well, but Jet's fans better be ready for a roster implosion and rebuild from scratch.

Yeah, Jets interest in Quinn is very understandable. And if they can parlay it with Kirchner, I'm sure they'll be ecstatic. Kirchner is a very hands-on guy as you know, so these would be two great 'gets' for the Jets.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plot thickens. Looks like the Jets are planning a twofer raid on the Seahawks talent.

Jets reps are flying out to not only interview Dan Quinn for the open HC position on Friday, but they will interview Seahawks personal director, Trent Kirchner, for their GM position as well.

Kirchner was hired on the same time John Schneider was in 2010. He's been one of the top scout and talent evaluators from us during the Carroll era.

Those bastards, you would think the bad taste from hiring Idzik would discourage them.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This would make for a really happy reunion with Harvin, I'm sure.