• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Quincy McDuffie

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta agree on dunbar and I have no clue if Jackson was a mistake.
I do think Elliott is your best play maker and should not be on the sideline in 3rd down situations.

Exactly!

Not sure how Dunbar managed to maintain a roster spot this year. The guy is and was always fool's gold. He had 3 good games in his career in Dallas, and somehow that tricked a lot of coaches and fans alike into believing this guy was a real NFL player. The guy was either hurt, or banged up all the time and is just not cut out for the rigors of an NFL season.

We don't know for sure if Jackson was a player, but he definitely flashed a little in preseason. Jackson was cheap, and if he was still on the roster, Dallas wouldn't need to even consider RB this off season. It was such a puzzling move.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the release of Jackson was a stupid shortsided move

Dunbar should have been let go long before this IMHO
Never cared for him as a player always hurt
Dunbar still had a role on both 3rd downs and special teams. Should have been McFadden or Morris that was cut. No need for both and the fact that Morris wasn't active kind of showed that. When you have a stud like Elliott you need a backup and then guys that do other things. Both McFadden and Morris handicapped the teams ability to do other things.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly!

Not sure how Dunbar managed to maintain a roster spot this year. The guy is and was always fool's gold. He had 3 good games in his career in Dallas, and somehow that tricked a lot of coaches and fans alike into believing this guy was a real NFL player. The guy was either hurt, or banged up all the time and is just not cut out for the rigors of an NFL season.

We don't know for sure if Jackson was a player, but he definitely flashed a little in preseason. Jackson was cheap, and if he was still on the roster, Dallas wouldn't need to even consider RB this off season. It was such a puzzling move.
Dunbar played special teams and just wasn't given the opportunity to make plays on Offense. He'll go somewhere else and make another team wonder why the Cowboys didn't use him more IMO

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dunbar still had a role on both 3rd downs and special teams. Should have been McFadden or Morris that was cut. No need for both and the fact that Morris wasn't active kind of showed that. When you have a stud like Elliott you need a backup and then guys that do other things. Both McFadden and Morris handicapped the teams ability to do other things.
Morris is still under contract for 17 McFadden and Dunbar isn't. McFadden might bring a comp pick, i doubt Dunbar will. For as little as Dunbar was used he would be the one I cut loose.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morris is still under contract for 17 McFadden and Dunbar isn't. McFadden might bring a comp pick, i doubt Dunbar will. For as little as Dunbar was used he would be the one I cut loose.
no shit

Taking a knee on KO's 8 yards deep is a role we should be able to fill.

I should add....IMO

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dunbar played special teams and just wasn't given the opportunity to make plays on Offense. He'll go somewhere else and make another team wonder why the Cowboys didn't use him more IMO

Or maybe Dunbar just doesn't put himself in position to make plays consistently? There were plenty of times he was on the field for 3rd down and did nothing. Dunbar has no true role on this team, despite the coaching staff trying to shoehorn him into the 3rd down back role, because Elliott does everything better.

You have always been the biggest Dunbar supporter here, as far as I can tell. I do not see what you see regarding Dunbar. He was a waste of space on this team this year, and was part of the equation that cost Darius Jackson a roster spot. Let him go somewhere else and waste a roster spot. Dunbar is mostly a non factor, but you keep holding onto those two games in 2015 where he caught some passes.

Fun Fact: In 54 career games, Lance Dunbar has gained more than 70 yards from scrimmage exactly three times.

But yeah it's not Dunbar's fault, he just isn't given an opportunity. /s

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or maybe Dunbar just doesn't put himself in position to make plays consistently? There were plenty of times he was on the field for 3rd down and did nothing. Dunbar has no true role on this team, despite the coaching staff trying to shoehorn him into the 3rd down back role, because Elliott does everything better.

You have always been the biggest Dunbar supporter here, as far as I can tell. I do not see what you see regarding Dunbar. He was a waste of space on this team this year, and was part of the equation that cost Darius Jackson a roster spot. Let him go somewhere else and waste a roster spot. Dunbar is mostly a non factor, but you keep holding onto those two games in 2015 where he caught some passes.

Fun Fact: In 54 career games, Lance Dunbar has gained more than 70 yards from scrimmage exactly three times.

But yeah it's not Dunbar's fault, he just isn't given an opportunity. /s
He was active over Morris for a reason, no? And what did McFadden do that no one else was able to?? Nothing.
Morris and McFadden were completely useless at the end of the year. Funny you guys talk about the small role Dunbar had, At least he had a role. Doesn't matter to me which they keep because if Elliott stays healthy they don't need any of them. Just don't complain when they hit Witten on 3rd and 16 for a 4 yard out...

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was active over Morris for a reason, no? And what did McFadden do that no one else was able to?? Nothing.
Morris and McFadden were completely useless at the end of the year. Funny you guys talk about the small role Dunbar had, At least he had a role. Doesn't matter to me which they keep because if Elliott stays healthy they don't need any of them. Just don't complain when they hit Witten on 3rd and 16 for a 4 yard out...
I guess Dunbar for 6 is much better.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, Dunbar had a role. Inexplicably. What exactly did Dunbar do this year? Anything...?

You talk about him playing special teams, but Dunbar only returned two kicks this year, for a 16 yard average. Dunbar didn't make any meaningful contributions this year. And on top of that, he kept Elliott off the field in a lot of 3rd down situations. It would be my preference for Dunbar to land with another team next year - save the Dallas coaching staff from themselves in this instance.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He also was on punt and kickoff teams too. Point is he has a skill set that serves a purpose while the other two offset each other. Pick the one you want between Morris and D Mac. I don't care which, but no need for the other. Dunbar can only catch what is thrown to him and he didn't "keep Elliott off the field", the coaches felt he could help the team so he was on the field. For some reason they just didn't throw him the ball much.
Whatever you want to think is fine. I don't care if he is on the team or not going forward. My Point is that having both McFadden and Morris is a waste when you have Elliott. If Elliott goes down, sure, but as you can see Morris wasn't even active and that was for the exact obvious reasons I said. They offset each other and don't do much on STs. Only problem with Dunbar on 3rd down was he sucks as a blocker whereas Elliott is tremendous. Having Dunbar protect Dak was a concern for me.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He also was on punt and kickoff teams too. Point is he has a skill set that serves a purpose while the other two offset each other. Pick the one you want between Morris and D Mac. I don't care which, but no need for the other. Dunbar can only catch what is thrown to him and he didn't "keep Elliott off the field", the coaches felt he could help the team so he was on the field. For some reason they just didn't throw him the ball much.
Whatever you want to think is fine. I don't care if he is on the team or not going forward. My Point is that having both McFadden and Morris is a waste when you have Elliott. If Elliott goes down, sure, but as you can see Morris wasn't even active and that was for the exact obvious reasons I said. They offset each other and don't do much on STs. Only problem with Dunbar on 3rd down was he sucks as a blocker whereas Elliott is tremendous. Having Dunbar protect Dak was a concern for me.

That is debatable.

Dunbar's special teams contributions could have EASILY been replaced.

Dunbar not getting the ball may have more to do with Dunbar than the QB not throwing him the ball much.

Not the only problem with Dunbar, but pass protection certainly one of the biggest. IMO, Dunbar should have never saw the field on 3rd down. Should have been Elliott all game in on 3rd downs unless he was gassed, and he could have been given more opportunity to rest on 1st and 2nd down. Morris/McFadden should have gotten a few more carries though out a game on early downs, IMO.

In preseason I was all for trading McFadden for whatever could be gotten for him. Dallas chose to pass on that opportunity and created a log jam in the backfield. It is what it is at this point, the damage is done, and it's pretty unlikely that McFadden or Dunbar will be back.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is debatable.

Dunbar's special teams contributions could have EASILY been replaced.

Dunbar not getting the ball may have more to do with Dunbar than the QB not throwing him the ball much.

Not the only problem with Dunbar, but pass protection certainly one of the biggest. IMO, Dunbar should have never saw the field on 3rd down. Should have been Elliott all game in on 3rd downs unless he was gassed, and he could have been given more opportunity to rest on 1st and 2nd down. Morris/McFadden should have gotten a few more carries though out a game on early downs, IMO.

In preseason I was all for trading McFadden for whatever could be gotten for him. Dallas chose to pass on that opportunity and created a log jam in the backfield. It is what it is at this point, the damage is done, and it's pretty unlikely that McFadden or Dunbar will be back.
Maybe, but not likely by McFadden or Morris. I thought those were the guys we were discussing? Throw someone else in the mix and I may agree with you. I don't think any of our backup RBs are irreplaceable which is why I said letting Jackson go and keeping these 3 was a mistake. If I'm starting a team I keep McFadden or Morris over Dunbar. If I have Elliott getting 90% of the touches and already decided to keep either McFadden or Morris I don't keep the other over Dunbar and Jackson. That's my point. I never said Dunbar was better than either. Just smarter makeup of a team when you have Elliott and one of the two to let the other go over some guys who bring different things to the table.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, but not likely by McFadden or Morris. I thought those were the guys we were discussing? Throw someone else in the mix and I may agree with you. I don't think any of our backup RBs are irreplaceable which is why I said letting Jackson go and keeping these 3 was a mistake. If I'm starting a team I keep McFadden or Morris over Dunbar. If I have Elliott getting 90% of the touches and already decided to keep either McFadden or Morris I don't keep the other over Dunbar and Jackson. That's my point. I never said Dunbar was better than either. Just smarter makeup of a team when you have Elliott and one of the tow to let the other go over some guys who bring different things to the table.

You think Dunbar is more capable of running down and making a tackle than McFadden on kick coverage? I don't agree with you there, McFadden is likely faster, and a lot more physical than Dunbar. Dunbar has made two tackles his entire career.

Dunbar did not return any punts last year, and has only returned one punt in his entire career.

So what special teams production needs to be replaced? I am having a very hard time finding any facet of the game Dunbar was truly valuable in.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think Dunbar is more capable of running down and making a tackle than McFadden on kick coverage? I don't agree with you there, McFadden is likely faster, and a lot more physical than Dunbar. Dunbar has made two tackles his entire career.

Dunbar did not return any punts last year, and has only returned one punt in his entire career.

So what special teams production needs to be replaced? I am having a very hard time finding any facet of the game Dunbar was truly valuable in.
Absolutely, don't you? Has McFadden ever run down on STs? Not everyone can do it and speed is not the most important attribute by any means.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two tackles his entire career? Didn't he lead the team one year? (or was very close)

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely, don't you? Has McFadden ever run down on STs? Not everyone can do it and speed is not the most important attribute by any means.

Based on what? Dunbar's whopping two tackles, in his entire career? Dunbar is like 170 lbs, taking McFadden every time - physicality matters.

Dunbar is not Darren Sproles. No matter how much anyone wants him to be.