• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Quin Snyder

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When he was a player at Duke he was constantly fighting chronic migraines
He is a pretty intense dude. Just the way he is wired. I tend to agree with your earlier statement, his last college gig didn't end well and he came away looking pretty dirty

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason Doherty is even a fall guy is because Dean hand picked Guthridge, but retained an office at the Dean Dome, then went behind a struggling Doherty and discussed Roy's move back to Chapel HiII.

yeah, Dean still had a ton of influence. funny though that the UNC AD went behind Dean's back in 2000 and refused to hire Larry Brown, after Dean had told Brown that the job was his.

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can agree with this. That was just a weird time frame in UNC basketball history. I'll never forget the game against Duke in the 2002 ACC Tournament when they were actively trying to slow the pace. Something I'd had never seen before and it stuck with me.

yeah, that was the 8-20 UNC team. Probably the worst Carolina team in history.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would he be the favorite to replace K after he retires? And would he accept the position given the success he's had in the NBA thus far? If Duke wants to keep it in the "family" I feel like he's had the most success. Dawkins, Wojo, Collins, Amaker etc haven't been good enough yet IMO to warrant them getting a look.

Thoughts?
It is gonna be the shits to follow Coach K. Same for any "legendary" coach.

I'd go out of the family but that's just my opinion. Coach K wasn't a Dukie. John Wooden wasn't a UCLAn. Etc.