• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

QO's given to 13 players; 6 are Red Sox/Yanks

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I got more Chins than Chinatown".......lol :laugh3:

Probably couldn't get away with that nowadays.

This either...

(Sorry you can't see it, BigD. It's a scene from the Bad News Bears, one of my favorite baseball movies)

Last edited by a moderator:

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I got more Chins than Chinatown".......lol :laugh3:

Probably couldn't get away with that nowadays.

So many like that. Because it is such a favorite, Blazing Saddles comes to mind.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This either...

(Sorry you can't see it, BigD. It's a scene from the Bad News Bears, one of my favorite baseball movies)

Guessing

Something about Jews & Spicks?

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle had the 9th highest payroll in 2008, and they weren't far from #5. They are willing to spend when they feel they are close to contending. They spent these last years developing their farm system into one of the best in the majors.

They had some of the best young talent in the minors, and now most of that talent has moved up to the major league level.

Keep your eye on the Mariners in 2014. They may not win the division this season (and then again they might), but they are close.

This is a team that can easily add $30mm in payroll in one off-season.

Back to an hour ago, about my lack of faith in the Mariners.

In a move [ame="[MEDIA=twitter]397842036339912705[/MEDIA]"]first reported by[/ame] the Puget Sound Business Journal and later [ame="[MEDIA=twitter]397855453981339648[/MEDIA]"]confirmed[/ame] by Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com, the Mariners are set to hire Lloyd McClendon as their new manager.
McClendon previously managed the Pirates from 2001-2005, compiling a 336-446 (.430) record with zero winning seasons, and has been the Tigers’ hitting coach since 2007.
Certainly plenty of managers who struggled in their first jobs have gone on to find success in later jobs, but it’s tough not to view this as a retread hire considering how much criticism McClendon received in Pittsburgh the first time around.
He’ll replace Eric Wedge, who went 213-273 (.438) in three seasons with the Mariners and left Seattle on bad terms by saying he wouldn’t have stuck around even if they gave him a five-year contract.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's up, Big D? Enjoying your self imposed exile here?

Exile? What exile?

All I needed was admin Hammer to take out all the trash here, which he did, paving the way for my return. Now, i'm here all day, even these last 2 hours of my workday, when it is me and maybe 2 others.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see the hammer just fell on Anna Benson.

Benson, 37, stood before Superior Court Judge C. LaTain Kell Sr., and reluctantly pleaded guilty to a rather bizarre attack on Kris back in July, earning herself 15 years probation as part of a plea agreement with state prosecutors. The former star of VH-1's reality show "Baseball Wives" faced a maximum of 25 years in prison and a $200,000 fine stemming from five separate charges related to the attack.

In addition to 15 years probation, with the last five subject to suspension upon successful completion of the first 10, Anna will be entered directly into a psychiatric and substance abuse program. The out-of-state program offers 60-90 days of inpatient care on a variety of fronts, Merchant said, including parenting and anger issues.

Jerzyjeff

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So many like that. Because it is such a favorite, Blazing Saddles comes to mind.

Was just mentioning the other day about the whole issue re: the sports teams and Native American nicknames and the PC police. Was trying to think back to when this all first started to show up. The earliest I can remember involves Funny Face drinks and Fritos. Funny Face drinks had nicknames/characters for the flavors (Rooten tooten Raspberry, Goofy Grape, Lefty Lemon etc). When they first came out, 2 of the flavors they had were Chinese Cherry and Injun Orange. Then, one day, out of the blue, they were changed (abt 1967) to Choo Choo Cherry and Jolly Ollie Orange. Only found out why a short while ago why they were changed. It was for the same reason Fritos dropped the "Frito Bandito" character abt 1970.

Jerzyjeff

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exile? What exile?

All I needed was admin Hammer to take out all the trash here, which he did, paving the way for my return. Now, i'm here all day, even these last 2 hours of my workday, when it is me and maybe 2 others.

Exile from the rest of the CBS castoffs. I do recall you once asked about other sites to go to while at CBS. I guess your wish has come true.

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
first week was hell, constantly waking up in pain. you can take a vike, but when it runs out you'll wake up.

I was in pain for 3 weeks before I would actually hold my kid with my right arm. I crashed maybe 2 months ago and just went out in a boonies of new Hampshire. we did 20 miles of challenging trails and when I woke up the next morning, sure as shit, my collar bone was fucking killing me :L

sorry, I don't have a timeline available yet for my specific injuries.

that crash - broke right collar bone, fractured sternum, broken finger, severely bruised legs from when the quad landed on me. i ride a 600 lbs 4x4

Just ending my 1st week. Eating vikes like candy (& thus sleeping a lot). Lucky thats all I did (except bruise ribs & get a bump on the noggin). Moral of the story: look where youre going when trying to catch an over the shoulder pass going full speed. You might end up getting intimate with a picnic table... :L

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exile from the rest of the CBS castoffs. I do recall you once asked about other sites to go to while at CBS. I guess your wish has come true.

My wish really was to be able to post with nice and decent people, who are both knowledgable and interested in talking about baseball 24/7/365.

So, while I did not get my wish per se, at least I don't have to deal with any unwarranted attacks anymore. I just don't see where upsetting others on purpose is fun to people.

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
at least I don't have to deal with any unwarranted attacks anymore. I just don't see where upsetting others on purpose is fun to people.

For some of em I imagine its the only way they can get their rocks off... :laugh3:

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adieu, gents.
I get to go stand in line at the DMV, probably until 4:59 :doh:
But it guess it beats going to jail for kicking the ol' bossarooni in the undercarriage. Toodles!

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In a move first reported by the Puget Sound Business Journal and later confirmed by Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com, the Mariners are set to hire Lloyd McClendon as their new manager.
McClendon previously managed the Pirates from 2001-2005, compiling a 336-446 (.430) record with zero winning seasons, and has been the Tigers’ hitting coach since 2007.
Certainly plenty of managers who struggled in their first jobs have gone on to find success in later jobs, but it’s tough not to view this as a retread hire considering how much criticism McClendon received in Pittsburgh the first time around.
He’ll replace Eric Wedge, who went 213-273 (.438) in three seasons with the Mariners and left Seattle on bad terms by saying he wouldn’t have stuck around even if they gave him a five-year contract.

thought that word was "retarded", guess I do need glasses

rokketmn

The Maven
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In a move first reported by the Puget Sound Business Journal and later confirmed by Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com, the Mariners are set to hire Lloyd McClendon as their new manager.

Not a fan of McClendon myself. With the success "new" managers have had (i.e. Farrell and Matheny among others), why go with someone that had no success as a manager and then became a hitting coach the last 7 seasons?

McClendon didn't really have a lot of talent in Pittsburgh when he managed there, but what does this guy really know about managing a pitching staff of young, talented arms?

I guess Zduriencik must have been impressed that McClendon worked on a Jim Leyland staff.

Seattle will really have to be throwing the cash around to get free agents to go there with this new manager. They would have been better off with Dusty Baker.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle will really have to be throwing the cash around to get free agents to go there with this new manager. They would have been better off with Dusty Baker.

McClendon has never managed a team winning more than 75 games in a season.

He was just what the Mariners were looking for.