• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

QO's given to 13 players; 6 are Red Sox/Yanks

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaron Rodgers confirmed Tuesday that he has a broken collarbone, an injury that could sideline the Green Bay Packers star quarterback into December.
Rodgers said on his weekly radio show that a timetable for his return has not been set, but league sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter that the 2011 league MVP could miss three weeks.

Brocktagon

the handsome super genius
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaron Rodgers confirmed Tuesday that he has a broken collarbone, an injury that could sideline the Green Bay Packers star quarterback into December.
Rodgers said on his weekly radio show that a timetable for his return has not been set, but league sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter that the 2011 league MVP could miss three weeks.

cheeseheads can kiss the post season goodbye.

I guess that is what happens when 1 person gets most of the money

rokketmn

The Maven
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is because they haven't been.

Seattle had the 9th highest payroll in 2008, and they weren't far from #5. They are willing to spend when they feel they are close to contending. They spent these last years developing their farm system into one of the best in the majors.

They had some of the best young talent in the minors, and now most of that talent has moved up to the major league level.

Keep your eye on the Mariners in 2014. They may not win the division this season (and then again they might), but they are close.

This is a team that can easily add $30mm in payroll in one off-season.

rokketmn

The Maven
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Injuries like this can take longer. Rodgers can't risk coming back too soon and re-breaking it.

rokketmn

The Maven
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^This^^^^

If Jesus came back and hit .400 he might have had a shot at beating Mo, anyone else...no chance.

None of these awards really mean anything anyway.

Just be glad your guy did good and won a ring.

Because voters choose to let them mean nothing.

Oh my gosh! Jeter just won another Gold Glove.

$500 Million

Elitist Douche
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because voters choose to let them mean nothing.

Oh my gosh! Jeter just won another Gold Glove.

I think maybe it's more like fans choose to make them mean more than they should.

Who really gives a fuck about the Comeback Player of the year award anyway? Seriously

As for the All Star game MVP, that's the dumbest award in the sport and it yielded some of the most petty and embarrassing internet chatter I've ever read. It's a fucking toaster oven and people were carrying on like the world just ended.

Different folks, different strokes.

I'm more interested in the Commissioners Trophy, that's the only one that matters.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle had the 9th highest payroll in 2008, and they weren't far from #5. They are willing to spend when they feel they are close to contending. They spent these last years developing their farm system into one of the best in the majors.

They had some of the best young talent in the minors, and now most of that talent has moved up to the major league level.

Keep your eye on the Mariners in 2014. They may not win the division this season (and then again they might), but they are close.

This is a team that can easily add $30mm in payroll in one off-season.

You make that sound like a lot. Maybe it is for the Mariners. I would be pissed if my team "only" spent $ 30 mil this offseason.

Brocktagon

the handsome super genius
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Injuries like this can take longer. Rodgers can't risk coming back too soon and re-breaking it.

I broke my collar bone from an ATV accident 3 months ago. it still hurts. December is wishful thinking.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, 49ers fans: The team is offering you the chance to "own your piece of history" from Candlestick Park before it's blown up -- but it'll cost you $649.
The Niners said Tuesday that current season-ticket holders at the San Francisco stadium will be able to take their actual seats home with them next year.
Single seats are not on sale, but pairs are going for a "discounted" price of 600 and -- surprise -- 49 dollars. The money will benefit San Francisco parks.
Starting Dec. 9, the general public can start buying whatever seats are left over at a higher price.
The 49ers are scheduled to play their last game at Candlestick on Dec. 23, though if its winning ways continue the Niners have a chance at hosting playoff games in January. Next year, San Francisco officials expect to destroy Candlestick Park to make way for a new development while the Niners will move to their new $1.3 billion home in Santa Clara.
Still, fans won't be able to watch the Niners on their big-screen TV, sitting in their old Candlestick seats in their living room, until December 2014 -- after all the seats are removed, packaged and shipped.

Similar 42-year-old seats may go for the price of a cup of coffee at a yard sale but the Niners are selling the seats from the Stick for the price of a brand-new iPhone 5s because of their sentimental value. Fans have been sitting in these seats to see their beloved red-and-gold win NFC championships in 1990 and 1995, a Joe Montana-led 28-point 2nd half-comeback against the New Orleans Saints in 1980 and, of course, "The Catch," which sent the team to the Super Bowl in 1982.
Seats from old pro sports stadiums aren't cheap. Local media reported a $200 price for pairs of Houston Astrodome seats this year and $400 for a pair of New York Jets seats when the team closed down Meadowlands Stadium in 2009. Seats from the old Yankees Stadium were going for $399 a piece for bleacher seats and up to $1,999 a pair for others. One site was selling old Shea Stadium seats, from the New York Mets, for $600 to $1,100 and offering seats from the Dallas Cowboys' old stadium, which shut down five years ago, for $200 to $700.
But the price may be too steep for fans who are reeling from the sticker-shock of buying seats at the team's new Levi's Stadium in Santa Clara.
The team for the first time began selling "seat licenses" to fans for the right to buy season tickets. Those licenses costs $2,000 to $80,000 in one-time costs, among the highest in the NFL, and season tickets cost $850 to $3,750 per year. Still, more than 90 percent of the seat licenses have been sold.
Earlier in the year, the team began asking fans to pay $195 to $545 to buy commemorative bricks, complete with a personal inscription, that will be installed outside the new stadium.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I broke my collar bone from an ATV accident 3 months ago. it still hurts. December is wishful thinking.

Capt O just did this himself, last week I think.

Maybe you guys need a newer, safer hobby?

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think maybe it's more like fans choose to make them mean more than they should.

Who really gives a fuck about the Comeback Player of the year award anyway? Seriously

As for the All Star game MVP, that's the dumbest award in the sport and it yielded some of the most petty and embarrassing internet chatter I've ever read. It's a fucking toaster oven and people were carrying on like the world just ended.

Different folks, different strokes.

I'm more interested in the Commissioners Trophy, that's the only one that matters.

tumblr_m1kgbx3mRu1qhyt6o.gif

hehehe... just kidding. He's probably one of the people that cares the least about shit like that. But it's still nice to have :yahoo:

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It could equate to Jacoby Ellsbury and a starting pitcher.

That helps.

They would just need another 3-4 bullpen arms, a new left fielder, and a new 2B guy, then, they would be able to compete in the A.L west.

Floffman

Tailor Suit and Satchel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That helps.

They would just need another 3-4 bullpen arms, a new left fielder, and a new 2B guy, then, they would be able to compete in the A.L west.

Minor details.

What happened to Franklin, Brad Miller and Ackley none of them can play 2nd?

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mid-late Dec. I too broke my left collarbone recently & am told its 6-8 wks before its healed. He goes before 8 wks, he risks reinjury. JMO

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minor details.

What happened to Franklin, Brad Miller and Ackley none of them can play 2nd?

Franklin is still there, and still their # 1 2B guy. However, a .225 avg, a .303 OBP & .382 Slg just does not cut it with me.

As for Miller, he is their starting SS now. And, Ackley, they have pretty much given up on him as an infielder, and his future seems more in the OF.