• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

QO's given to 13 players; 6 are Red Sox/Yanks

rokketmn

The Maven
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the final list of players that received Qualifying offers from their teams yesterday. The QO is $14.1mm for this season, and players have until next Monday to decide to accept or decline the offer.

Jacoby Ellsbury -Red Sox
Mike Napoli - Red Sox
Stephen Drew -Red Sox
Robinson Cano -Yankees
Curtis Granderson - Yankees
Hiroki Kuroda- Yankees
Nelson Cruz -Rangers
Shin-Soo Choo -Reds
Kendrys Morales -Mariners
Carlos Beltran - Cardinals
Brian McCann - Braves
Ervin Santana - Royals
Ubaldo Jimenez -Indians

Acceptance means that the players is bound to his current team for the 2014 season, either on the one year QO or they can negotiate a longer term contract withb their team.

Declining the offer means that player has elected free agency and is free to sign with any team, including his former team. Players that decline the QO are tied to draft pick compensation if they sign with another club. The signing team will forfeit a 1st round pick if their pick is not protected. Protected picks are the top 10 in the draft, and represent the worst records from the prior season. This was done in the last CBA to help those "bad" teams by making it easier to sign free agents without the fear of losing a coveted draft pick.

rokketmn

The Maven
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Protected picks belong to:

Astros, Marlins, White Sox, Cubs, Twins, Mariners, Phillies, Rockies, Blue Jays, Mets.

Many of these teams are not your typical teams that don't spend money so these teams could dive into free agency with no fear of losing their first round pick. They would forfeit a second round pick.

I can see the Mariners, Mets, Cubs, Phillies, and Blue Jays all being players in this year's free agent market.

The Mariners and Blue Jays in particular as they see themselves as contenders in 2014. The Phillies may do something only because their roster is so old that they may as well take a another shot while Lee and Hamels are still good starters.

Brocktagon

the handsome super genius
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shin-Soo Choo -Reds

pointless bidding war between reds and Indians? in my opinion, he should be in Cleveland....

why don't we bid on granderson to drive up the price?

Brocktagon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Astros, Marlins, White Sox, Cubs, Twins, Mariners, Phillies, Rockies, Blue Jays, Mets.

all the sucky teams in MLB get protected picks. is this what the Celtics plan on doing? i'm not sure who's worse, the jax jaguars or the boston "killed by danny fuckin ainge" Celtics :L

Brocktagon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
floff, I believe the bills are 15 points away from a 6-3 record. they're really not as bad as their record indicates.

rokketmn

The Maven
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys like Salty, Bronson Arroyo, AJ Burnett and Jhonny Peralta could benefit by not being given QO's, as they are not tied to compensation.

In fact, Salty could be the preferred option to a lot of teams that were looking at McCann as he is younger and cheaper and will not cost a pick. He is likely the 2nd best catching option regardless.

Burnett has said he will only sign with the Pirates or retire, so it may not matter to him, but if he changes his mind, he will be popular.

Arroyo will be popular because he is an innings eater that produces solid numbers. He should get a two year deal.

Peralta would have had a tough time in the SS market with Drew available and many other teams potentially shopping guys like Erick Aybar, Asdrubal Cabrera, and Alexi Ramirez. He may find it a little easier with no compensation attached. The Yankees would seem like a fit because he can play SS and 3B.

Floffman

Tailor Suit and Satchel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
floff, I believe the bills are 15 points away from a 6-3 record. they're really not as bad as their record indicates.

Welcome to Buffalo.

If you had asked me if the Bills hold the Chiefs to no offensive touchdowns do you think you will win. My responses would be yes.

Then our 3rd string QB throws a pick six in the end zone and I knew the game was over.

EJ is coming back but its just been a very frustrating season so far.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Many of these teams are not your typical teams that don't spend money so these teams could dive into free agency with no fear of losing their first round pick. They would forfeit a second round pick.

I can see the Mariners, Mets, Cubs, Phillies, and Blue Jays all being players in this year's free agent market.

The Mariners and Blue Jays in particular as they see themselves as contenders in 2014. The Phillies may do something only because their roster is so old that they may as well take a another shot while Lee and Hamels are still good starters.

:lol::laugh3::lol::laugh3:

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys like Salty, Bronson Arroyo, AJ Burnett and Jhonny Peralta could benefit by not being given QO's, as they are not tied to compensation.

In fact, Salty could be the preferred option to a lot of teams that were looking at McCann as he is younger and cheaper and will not cost a pick. He is likely the 2nd best catching option regardless.

Burnett has said he will only sign with the Pirates or retire, so it may not matter to him, but if he changes his mind, he will be popular.

Arroyo will be popular because he is an innings eater that produces solid numbers. He should get a two year deal.

Peralta would have had a tough time in the SS market with Drew available and many other teams potentially shopping guys like Erick Aybar, Asdrubal Cabrera, and Alexi Ramirez. He may find it a little easier with no compensation attached. The Yankees would seem like a fit because he can play SS and 3B.

Some very early rumor rumblings.

Nathan to the Tigers
Arroyo to the Mets
McCann to the Yankees

Brocktagon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ditto bigD, this is hilarious :laugh3:

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Francisco Liriano won the N.L comback player of the year award. He is one of the few to actually win the award twice, as he won the A.L award in 2010.

As for the A.L, well, you probably needed more awards, didn't you Mariano Rivera.....

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice "gesture". Not into it.
Red Sox take out post-World Series ad in St. Louis
BYTnVd1CYAESv3T.jpg

Brocktagon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome to Buffalo.

If you had asked me if the Bills hold the Chiefs to no offensive touchdowns do you think you will win. My responses would be yes.

Then our 3rd string QB throws a pick six in the end zone and I knew the game was over.

EJ is coming back but its just been a very frustrating season so far.

that's just the thing, I think alex hasn't thrown a TD pass in 4weeks. how they survive I do not know.

when EJ comes back, things should get better but this year is about done.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I guess Curtis Granderson has a backup plan if his baseball career stalls.......

Brocktagon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Francisco Liriano won the N.L comback player of the year award. He is one of the few to actually win the award twice, as he won the A.L award in 2010.

As for the A.L, well, you probably needed more awards, didn't you Mariano Rivera.....

wouldn't john lackey be the comeback player of the year? he has another ring to show for it. or was this a pitty/farewell to mo?