• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

QB Rankings 10: Rounding Out the Top Ten

Of those not already selected, who is the Best Remaining QB?

• Matthew Stafford

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ryan Tannehill

• Jay Cutler

• Colin Kaepernick

• Andy Dalton

• RGIII

• Sam Bradford

• Derek Carr

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty straight forward. Right now, given their current age, not past prime (Peyton) or future prime (Luck), for 2015, who is the next best QB in the NFL? (List of the voted QBs so far below.) If you believe either of those two will be the best NFL QB next year, vote for them, of course. Assume health (besides age or current known issues) and average to above average supporting cast.

Remember, this is for this coming year only.

QB Rankings 1: Aaron Rodgers
QB Rankings 2: Peyton Manning
QB Rankings 3: Andrew Luck
QB Rankings 4: Ben Roethlisberger
QB Rankings 5: Tony Romo
QB Rankings 6: Tom Brady
QB Rankings 7: Philip Rivers
QB Rankings 8: Drew Brees

Joe Flacco (9) received one more vote than Russell Wilson (8). Matt Ryan (3), Eli Manning (1), Matthew Stafford (1), Nick Foles (1), and Cam Newton (1) each received vote(s). QB Rankings 10: Joe Flacco

Decided to use the full 15 options for the poll. The options are not ranked. This poll lasts 4 days and it'll go 4 days each until 16 because we'll need votes (because 9-16 is more of a debate and likely harder to get votes early). 2 days each from there on.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't decided yet between Wilson, Manning, or others. I will change my vote if there's a tie, but if it makes no difference, I'll keep it as is.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sorry but eli won when it counted, russel tossed a pick......

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Ryan by a longshot.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
19 hours left.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if eli can win 2 superbowls, and be largely clutch doing it, and not make a top 10 list, thats nuts

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dont you have to perform like the best, and play the best all time to be underrated

I mean that pass wasn't against their best Corner so how can he be underrated? That was like their 4th string Corner and we all know that it only counts if you throw against the best.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean that pass wasn't against their best Corner so how can he be underrated? That was like their 4th string Corner and we all know that it only counts if you throw against the best.

I thought Lockette short armed it too. He didn't reach out for it like he could have and then he got knocked off his spot by Butler. Good play by Butler, give him credit for making a great read on the call.

As for the call itself, if it works they are genius's but when it doesn't they look foolish. Most players I've seen asked about it say it was a good call. Luke Kuechly said it was a smart call because when its executed well it's next to impossible to defend. Meh, we'll never know what would of happened if Lynch ran it. That's life.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Lockette short armed it too. He didn't reach out for it like he could have and then he got knocked off his spot by Butler. Good play by Butler, give him credit for making a great read on the call.

As for the call itself, if it works they are genius's but when it doesn't they look foolish. Most players I've seen asked about it say it was a good call. Luke Kuechly said it was a smart call because when its executed well it's next to impossible to defend. Meh, we'll never know what would of happened if Lynch ran it. That's life.

No I actually am one that thinks it was a decent call. I would have personally run it just with the time out and having Lynch at his best where the defense is wore out. At the same time passing it at that moment guarantees that you have all 4 downs to work with instead of just 3. My comment was more towards a conversation with Shabazz or whoever earlier as he was saying that unless a Corner covers the #1 Receiver all game long they cannot be considered one of the best corners. So essentially your boy Sherman and my boy Harris cannot be in the talks of best Corner in the league because they don't exclusively cover the #1 Receiver all game long. I tried to point out that no Corner in the league does this not even Revis but there was no talking to the guy. I really did not mean any disrespect by my comment towards the Seahawks or Wilson as I think both are top notch at what they do.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I actually am one that thinks it was a decent call. I would have personally run it just with the time out and having Lynch at his best where the defense is wore out. At the same time passing it at that moment guarantees that you have all 4 downs to work with instead of just 3. My comment was more towards a conversation with Shabazz or whoever earlier as he was saying that unless a Corner covers the #1 Receiver all game long they cannot be considered one of the best corners. So essentially your boy Sherman and my boy Harris cannot be in the talks of best Corner in the league because they don't exclusively cover the #1 Receiver all game long. I tried to point out that no Corner in the league does this not even Revis but there was no talking to the guy. I really did not mean any disrespect by my comment towards the Seahawks or Wilson as I think both are top notch at what they do.

I never thought you were trying to disrespect the Hawks. You typically post pretty rationally. I was just giving my two cents on that play.

As for the CB discussion; it really comes down to which guy you like best and then trying to find something to discredit the guy you don't like. In this case people use the "you have to cover the #1 WR" argument against guys like Sherman and Harris because it's the only thing they've got.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 Hours...

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never thought you were trying to disrespect the Hawks. You typically post pretty rationally. I was just giving my two cents on that play.

As for the CB discussion; it really comes down to which guy you like best and then trying to find something to discredit the guy you don't like. In this case people use the "you have to cover the #1 WR" argument against guys like Sherman and Harris because it's the only thing they've got.

It is true that seems to be the way it works. At this point I am just happy to have what I consider one of the top Corners in the game as I am sure you are just fine having Sherman and what he does on the field! To me I have nothing against guys like Revis or Harden. I do have trouble when somebody tries to put Peterson in that top category as him giving up 8 touchdowns this past season and just getting embarrassed in a couple of games does not scream top corner in the league to me.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I missed the vote but would have gone for Ryan as well. From what I can tell, he won?

Looks like the voting closed this morning. Thanks to @MHSL82 for doing these because it's pretty interesting. You gonna keep going, man?

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson/Ryan are close. Both their O-Lines suck, Seattle has the run but Falcons have had the dominant pass weapons.

Seattle has the best defense but Falcons play in a crappy defensive division (up until Carolina as of late). Hmm, starting a franchise today? It's tough.

I almost want to see what Wilson will do with Graham first and whether Mathews (SBOWL stud) and Lockett (rookie Welker clone on paper) will do anything decent this year.

I dunno, toss up at this point. I think Wilson is top 10 though, so he'd have to get my vote in the next poll. I think Wilson moves up the list to 6-7 or so if we're talking about QBs TODAY you'd want to build a franchise with. Manning, Brees, Brady are running out of steam (just age really).

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the voting closed this morning. Thanks to @MHSL82 for doing these because it's pretty interesting. You gonna keep going, man?

Yes, will keep going. Giving 4 days because we need to accumulate votes as it gets later in the rankings. Harder to get people to vote early and ties help. I'm suspecting Wilson, Stafford, and Manning to go at it next round. After those two, I really have no idea where it'll go beyond stronger fan-votes (already a bit in these first ten).