• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Qb position, now what?

1911Alaska

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So before the game Alot of people were saying smith will be the starter no matter what. Does this still apply? Kapernick is doing great so far, of he can keep it up is he the starter next week?

SY8goat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The media and fans are going to make this a bigger issue than it is...though this particular "qb controversy" will be a good one.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The media and fans are going to make this a bigger issue than it is...though this particular "qb controversy" will be a good one.

It beats the shit out of "Rattay or Dorsey."

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh was just asked who was starter going forward he said we'll see. He usually goes with the guy with the hot hand

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Smith remains the starter for a while. At the very least though we found out today that we have a very capable backup QB.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wont act like kap didn't play a great game against a great d. Honestly I was still set with smith being the qb. And I probably still am cuz I don't wanna get all crazy from one game.

But damn kap looked good great throws and decisions.

I still think smith gets the nod cuz we can't deny his record with harbaugh. But man impressive kap performance. His throws were on point.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh/Roman made Alex Smith, and they can make Kaepernick too. Play him now, get him ready for the post-season and next year.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad I'm not the coach XD
It's almost a lose-lose choice. If they go with Kaep and he struggles the next time out then what? If you go back to Alex the first time he has a bad couple of drives the boo birds will come back.

I think it's always good to take 1 game from a backup with a grain salt. Troy Smith stepped in 2 years ago and looked great for a game or two, but then looked like the out of the league guy that he is. Kaep is clearly better than that, but I'm not ready to say tonight was something you could expect every time out.

I was all smiles though as he was the QB I wanted us to draft last year. I thought it was pretty clear outside of Cam Newton he was the best in the class. Andy Dalton though has proven to be better than I thought. Gabbert has proven to be exactly what I thought he was. Locker and Ponder... still think they were over drafted, but they have shown some glimmers of hope.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing that was important. Kaps ball security. He was perfect in that category.

I don't wanna get too excited but he looked solid.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't want to go overboard...

But we saw some really pretty passes tonite... :nod:

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade one during the off season for a Shaub or a Kolb type deal. Use those picks to trade up in a draft to get the next Luck

1911Alaska

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade one during the off season for a Shaub or a Kolb type deal. Use those picks to trade up in a draft to get the next Luck

I am for Kap also

Don't trade Kap no matter what though. He is still a future prospect no matter what Harbaugh chooses. I could see trading Smith to the Chiefs maybe, but to soon to trade Kaepernick

iHATEdodgers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing that was important. Kaps ball security. He was perfect in that category.

I don't wanna get too excited but he looked solid.

His ball security wasn't really tested though. He was sacked once and hit maybe one other time? The Niners completely dominated them today.

That did not look like a Top-5 defense that's for sure. Kap looked great... but I don't think that was da Bears' A game.

Harbaugh has a tough choice... Smith was playing great when he went down so I would presume he's back in there next week. But whatever Harbaugh decides, he's the boss.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh/Roman made Alex Smith, and they can make Kaepernick too. Play him now, get him ready for the post-season and next year.

His ball security wasn't really tested though. He was sacked once and hit maybe one other time? The Niners completely dominated them today.

That did not look like a Top-5 defense that's for sure. Kap looked great... but I don't think that was da Bears' A game.

Harbaugh has a tough choice... Smith was playing great when he went down so I would presume he's back in there next week. But whatever Harbaugh decides, he's the boss.

Ill agree on the pass rush side cuz kap had time. But his throws were money. And yes I feel the wr beat the bears defenders easil so it made it easy but he placed some solid balls in there.

Time will tell

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not sure they could get a Schaub or Kolb type of deal for Alex Smith, because of his pre Harbaugh history... but if the 49ers do decide to trade him they should be able to get something good in return since his contract is extremely friendly for the team trading for him since there isn't much penalty if they end up cutting Smith.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm not sure they could get a Schaub or Kolb type of deal for Alex Smith, because of his pre Harbaugh history... but if the 49ers do decide to trade him they should be able to get something good in return since his contract is extremely friendly for the team trading for him since there isn't much penalty if they end up cutting Smith.

I don't think they could get a Kolb or Schaub type deal largely because of the age of Smith.

Kolb and Schaub were also both largely unknowns with minimal game experience. As you said, people know who Smith is already. No one's looking at him thinking he could be a play maker at QB. With Kolb and Schaub it was possible to talk yourself into star potential. Even under Harbaugh Smith is not a star.