• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Qb Mariota

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C'mon now, Kirk's a good QB, but in today's NFL he lacks that added dimension that puts teams over the top. IT IS NOT his fault being who he is or living in a time where standard pocket QB's are becoming more and more rare. I like Kirk, but I'm a realist, he is who he is.
I'm happy he made a bunch of money because he was mistreated in D.C.
But there's always something that happens where he doesn't get you over the hump.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got it, Thanks!

My contention with the names that you mentioned is that they all were one and done when it came to the SB. A young top 5, top 9 gun gives you the opportunity to have multiple visits to the big game because you can retool rather than rebuild with a guy like that on hand. Theesman (yeah I know) was the only one amon g them that any chance at all of returning to the big dance but his career ended on that fateful play.

I do want a DW, RW type and judging who's now being targeted (Mariota) I believe that this is the type that Rivera and Co. are seeking as well. In fact, in a thread not so long ago, I outlined the coming shift towards mobile QB leaguewide.

Would love to have Dak, he might not be as dramatic as DW or to a lesser extent RW but he can certainly scoot when things break down. I can't say for certain but it seems to me that Ron Rivera looked at his offense with Taylor Heinicke at the helm and likely thought to himself, "we need that!" Imagine this offense with a top 5 -9 version of Heinicke!
i would whole heartedly agree with you about what RR thinks we need at qb . i said we need a qb who can play like TH did in his final 2 appearances .

MM can do that and if we give him tools and a good defense then maybe he could go back to back in this offense

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm happy he made a bunch of money because he was mistreated in D.C.
But there's always something that happens where he doesn't get you over the hump.
Yeah he deserved a raise, so you have to admire the way that he and his agent handled the cap vs contract situation. Now every QB in the league will use that effort as a blueprint.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would whole heartedly agree with you about what RR thinks we need at qb . i said we need a qb who can play like TH did in his final 2 appearances .

MM can do that and if we give him tools and a good defense then maybe he could go back to back in this offense
I'll give MM that because he does have wheels, but I would love to know where his head is at this point in his career. The biggest questions about him are;

1. Has he learned from past performances.?

2. Can he now perform at a high level efficiently?

3. Which version of himself do we get now?

4. Is he an improvement over what's already on hand?

5, Why did Marcus Mariota wind up on the bench and for this question we now have answers!

Why did Titans QB Marcus Mariota wind up on the bench ...
www.espn.com/blog/tennessee-titans/post/_/id/28775/wh…

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much right on.

Watson or Stafford could have made a difference but at great cost. Stafford is a lot older so pressure to win now would be greater. Watson is still very young with tons of potential. You'd have to give up a shit ton for him but in three years you might be close. Right now he is not Brady, Brees, Rogers etc. but close.

Getting a Carr or Mariotta would be ummm ... interesting. As you said not sure it would be a great upgrade. Just have to wait and see.

We have only seen a little of Allen and Heinicke so way too soon to say they have it or don't. But I think middling QBs at best.

They can't keep the entire DLine together for much more than a year or two. I'd really like to see the WTF improve at LBer. White and Barrett were awesome in the SB. I really like Curl. I would keep Young and Sweat. Any DT is available. Keeping Del Rio would be huge in my book.
I think Carr is a pretty good QB n an upgrade over what the Skins have with Heinicke being an X factor cuz not enough is known about him. I think Carr suffers from one of the issues Cuz had in DC. He's not really wanted by Gruden. I think Carr would work well with Logan Thomas or just TEs in general n with Terry Mac also. The Raiders say they want 2 #1s for Carr though n that's too steep.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
didnt RR draft cam ? didnt cam get them to a superbowl ? wasnt Cam a decent qb before injuries started piling up affecting his arm ?

we had brad johnson who took the vikings to a superbowl . we had KC but these guys werent sexy enough . we had rich gannon who was in the same superbowl as johnson , we had trent green but again not sexy enough

we have had 4 non elite guys at qb take us to 5 superbowls

the issue is we have an owner who wants sexy over performance and we have a fan base that is just as bad .

we havent had a complete team since 91

yes try for a qb but if it doesnt happen this year then go to the next
Brad Johnson was Tampa Bay's QB for their 1st Super Bowl title, but it was their defense that paved the way for that victory. Rich Gannon was a barely average at best journeyman who clicked with Jon Gruden's offense. Neither were leading the Skins to a Super Bowl. Neither was Cuz or Trent Green with the Skins teams they played with.

If the Skins haven't been a complete team since 1991. Why bring up all these QBs who didn't play for the Skins till well after 1991?

Deshaun Watson performs n does so quite well yet you don't want him. You want to what. Draft a QB every year? That's your master plan?

Oh, a small correction. Alex Smith is 11-5 as a Skins starter, not 10-5.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll give MM that because he does have wheels, but I would love to know where his head is at this point in his career. The biggest questions about him are;

5, Why did Marcus Mariota wind up on the bench and for this question we now have answers!

Look at the film I posted

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brad Johnson was Tampa Bay's QB for their 1st Super Bowl title, but it was their defense that paved the way for that victory. Rich Gannon was a barely average at best journeyman who clicked with Jon Gruden's offense. Neither were leading the Skins to a Super Bowl. Neither was Cuz or Trent Green with the Skins teams they played with as each to better

If the Skins haven't been a complete team since 1991. Why bring up all these QBs who didn't play for the Skins till well after 1991?

Deshaun Watson performs n does so quite well yet you don't want him. You want to what. Draft a QB every year? That's your master plan?
Does it matter who “ paved the way “ I will take that any day for a super bowl win from my qb

The guys wouldn’t lead us to a Super Bowl because we didn’t have complete teams . Gotta have good players surrounding them which is my point

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does it matter who “ paved the way “ I will take that any day for a super bowl win from my qb
Yeah, it matters. It matters a great deal.

The guys wouldn’t lead us to a Super Bowl because we didn’t have complete teams . Gotta have good players surrounding them which is my point
Again, why bring them up then? You didn't bring them up then say they didn't have good teams around when they were Redskin QBs. You brought up to say they weren't sexy enough when they were Redskins n that's why they were let go, but look what they did with other teams.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I personally can't justify bringing in Mariota with that contract. Looks can be deceiving, but TH made all the throws, AND showed mobility.
They both are injury prone,

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it matters. It matters a great deal.

Again, why bring them up then? You didn't bring them up then say they didn't have good teams around when they were Redskin QBs. You brought up to say they weren't sexy enough when they were Redskins n that's why they were let go, but look what they did with other teams.
Yeah going to super bowls must’ve sucked . And why does it matter “ a great deal “ if you get to and even win a Super Bowl ?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally can't justify bringing in Mariota with that contract. Looks can be deceiving, but TH made all the throws, AND showed mobility.
They both are injury prone,
Looks to me like a lateral move in getting MM. If I had to slot him in terms of ability I'd put him somewhere barely north of Allen and a touch below Heinicke. He might also ask for a new contract that reflects his likely "starter" status here in D.C. I can't justify bringing him here for the reasons previously posted and now that you bring it up, what it will cost to sign him.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When teams win a SB the only direction left is down, that is why the very first question asked of these teams is, "can you repeat?"

Sadly, these one and done teams falter and rarely if ever, return to the big game with the same QB. The repeaters almost always have continued stability at QB when they are either still in their prime or are youthful enough to still own an upside. It is interesting to note that "rebuild" often is associated with getting a new QB, while "reload/retool," something that's far easier to do, is associated with long term continuity with a particular QB.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You must not be a golfer.

Championships are all you can really use to compare the different football eras. I'm not a football historian, but has there ever been another NFL QB that won 7 championships?

Lol, agreed. In this case it wasn't cheaper to keep her
When you find 99 TDs and 12,000 yards let me know.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When he gets Minnesota further than Case Keenum did, ah nevermind checkmate
You just can't fix stupid ...

The 2016 Case Keenum version of the Vikings scored 382 points and gave up 252 points
The 2020 Vikings scored 430 points and gave up 475 points (29th in the league)

If you do not understand that I can't help you. Thanks for playing .... game, set and match.