• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Qb Mariota

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do Not release Alex Smith if you dont already have a starter that starter is Hienicke for Now . No matter who you draft or pick up he or she has to beat Hienicke .. i have stated repeatedly Skins are playing the Media better to fake try then not to try at all ..Hienicke is the Man period

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are just acting like they are after a QB my guess for PR

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A 5th round pick isn’t too much to bring MM in . I don’t see us getting RW or DW so I don’t see the reasoning behind not trying to upgrade with a 2nd tier guy .

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think we can win a Superbowl with Mariota, so I don't want to give up anything for him. Now if he gets released and we can get him without having to give up a pick or pay him 10m..........maybe.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do Not release Alex Smith if you dont already have a starter that starter is Hienicke for Now . No matter who you draft or pick up he or she has to beat Hienicke .. i have stated repeatedly Skins are playing the Media better to fake try then not to try at all ..Hienicke is the Man period
He or she....im dead lol

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A 5th round pick isn’t too much to bring MM in . I don’t see us getting RW or DW so I don’t see the reasoning behind not trying to upgrade with a 2nd tier guy .
Let's see.. getting a 2nd tier guy to replace another 2nd tier guy upgrades how exactly? Perhaps it's a matter of yards thrown when the upgrade plays out like this, 2525 vs 2526. That one-yard difference is minuscule but by definition an upgrade, so yeah, let's go for it!:rolleyes2:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's see.. getting a 2nd tier guy to replace another 2nd tier guy upgrades how exactly? Perhaps it's a matter of yards thrown when the upgrade plays out like this, 2525 vs 2526. That one-yard difference is minuscule but by definition an upgrade, so yeah, let's go for it!:rolleyes2:
well lets see , we get a younger guy , who is more athletic , is accurate and he is about half the cost and who knows maybe with some better talent around him he does better . doesnt mean we cant look for the franchise person in the mean time

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well lets see , we get a younger guy , who is more athletic , is accurate and he is about half the cost and who knows maybe with some better talent around him he does better . doesnt mean we cant look for the franchise person in the mean time
Uh-ah-er, we already have that!

Doesn't it finally stand to reason that after 20 years of trying to get a franchise QB by drafting them low and/or trying to get one cheaply to develop that it's not working? Yes! RG was drafted high, but organizational and personal failures led to a bad outcome in that instance. Was there another effort to get/have a highly ranked QB over that time span? Nope! all has-beens and middle-of-the-road guys. What's the definition of insanity again?

Last edited:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh-ah-er, we already have that!

Doesn't it finally stand to reason that after 20 years of trying to get a franchise QB by drafting them low and/or trying to get one cheaply to develop that it's not working? Yes! RG was drafted high, but organizational and personal failures led to a bad outcome in that instance. Was there another effort to get a highly ranked QB over that time span? Nope!
yeah , who ? no one proven . and sty teams dont give up franchise guys . you can win with 2nd tier guys if you have parts around him . DW is 28 and 25 and he IS a franchise guy

we are not getting DW , we are not getting RW sorry

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah , who ? no one proven . and sty teams dont give up franchise guys . you can win with 2nd tier guys if you have parts around him . DW is 28 and 25 and he IS a franchise guy

Had a franchise guy, they let him go.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he wasnt sexy enough , nor was brad johnson and so on
True, I also think Cousin's succeeded where Griffin couldn't. A lot of people were not happy about that from ownership to fans.

I liked Cousin's okay in the 2012 draft. What I did not like was the idea of drafting Griffin in the first round then compounding it by giving up multiple draft choices. It was clear to me when I walked out of a restaurant in Occoquan, VA and saw they drafted Cousin's in the 4th round that the Shanahan's did not want Griffin either. Remember all the people saying "why did the waste a pick on another QB?" LOL I think they wasted four picks on Griffin. Oh well. Year 4 and search continues .....

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This isn't about DW nor RW, it's about getting MM in a wasted lateral move based upon some twisted notion that what's already here is unproven and MM, who's also unproven makes some sort of difference.

BTW; I agree that you can win with 2nd tier guys, but the ultimate goal is winning championships (note the plural use) You might get one if you're extremely lucky but that sustained excellence that everyone talks about around here is merely selling hope. I have no doubts that there are folks here who would take great pleasure in having a string of season records above 8-8, but I'm not one of them. Making the playoffs is one thing, winning SB's (note the plural) is something entirely different.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't about DW nor RW, it's about getting MM in a wasted lateral move based upon some twisted notion that what's already here is unproven and MM, who's also unproven makes some sort of difference.

BTW; I agree that you can win with 2nd tier guys, but the ultimate goal is winning championships (note the plural use) You might get one if you're extremely lucky but that sustained excellence that everyone talks about around here is merely selling hope. I have no doubts that there are folks here who would take great pleasure in having a string of season records above 8-8, but I'm not one of them. Making the playoffs is one thing, winning SB's (note the plural) is something entirely different.
We are a bit away before we are in super bowl contention talk . Certainly MM can compete with Allen and Falco

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kirk Cousins is NOT a franchise QB as "franchise" is used to denote winning division, conference, and SB titles. He's a nice middle-of-the-road piece or better stated the kind of 2nd tier player that you can "win" with. It that is the type of player that people around here are looking for, then stop complaining about being average or worse. That is what you get with guys like that.

In fact, It's well past time that folks get away from the either/or of the highly debatable term "franchise QB" It truly doesn't exist if there's no set standard defining what it entails or doesn't.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are a bit away before we are in super bowl contention talk . Certainly MM can compete with Allen and Falco
Fact is, outside of the 2012 season, this franchise hasn't been in conference championship talk, and yet there are people who openly state that staying the course is the wise move here. Whaaaaaa-thaaaa-hell, is that beyond insanity?

BTW; In summation, there's not a truer statement than, "Certainly MM can compete with Allen and Falco." (Gee thanks!)