• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Qb Mariota

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AHAB kept looking for that white whale too
Didn't he ultimately find it and it was more than he could handle? Perhaps you've stumbled upon the one truth that defines some of this fan base.. "Winning" (like Ahab finally seeking that which he hunted for) could be more than some can handle after being accustomed to mediocracy or worse. (disappointment of looking for that great white whale and failing year after year, after year.)

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where is the franchise qb we can get ? The only option is to draft one . We have a 50% chance at getting one In the draft . We aren’t getting Lawrence so now we are down to Wilson fields and the project Lance

I am not sure why you are complaining when there is no answer at this time You have MM and Darnold and the rest of the stop gaps . At worst it’s Allen and Falco . I know this , we aren’t a super bowl contender because we have holes and lack proven depth to win year in and year out .
It all comes down to buyers remorse at winning the division . Picking 19 took us out of the qb sweepstakes. I predicted this

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They must follow this site

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They must follow this site
In hindsight they did sign a series of Kirk Cousins all with different names and faces but in essence the same type of QB.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where is the franchise qb we can get ? The only option is to draft one . We have a 50% chance at getting one In the draft . We aren’t getting Lawrence so now we are down to Wilson fields and the project Lance

I am not sure why you are complaining when there is no answer at this time You have MM and Darnold and the rest of the stop gaps . At worst it’s Allen and Falco . I know this , we aren’t a super bowl contender because we have holes and lack proven depth to win year in and year out .
It all comes down to buyers remorse at winning the division . Picking 19 took us out of the qb sweepstakes. I predicted this
It's not complaining when one states facts. Ron Rivera stated this heading into his postseason meeting with Dan Snyder:

Ron Rivera says finding a franchise QB is a top priority ...

https://www.bing.com/search?q=Ron R...42&sk=&cvid=4485562F4FC947FD9FEBFCF0B4421474#

As a franchise, Washington is notoriously bad in developing QB's. In fact, they rarely take that route because it seems that they acquire or draft players who don't fit into their ever-changing rotation of head coaches. Drafting a player to develop is exactly the same thing that they've always done, yet here we are again suggesting that their "only option" is more of the same. In fact, isn't it true that drafting one at 19 or later suggests that ole' tried and failed to play the guy when all agree that he isn't ready? That's the epitome of what our friend @Breed states constantly..(paraphrasing) "we're in love with a bitch that we can't stand"

If finding a franchise QB is Rivera's "top priority" then it's interesting to note that he, like his predecessors, is taking the same approach in getting one because it appears that he like others has reasoned himself out of looking at other options.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping we find our "Justins" this draft. As in Herbert and Jefferson. A QB and WR that weren't top ranked at their position and yet exceeded expectations.
I'm really hoping TH gets a shot to start.
Also i think we need to temper expectations, we could go 9-7 and possibly miss the playoffs. Wow, i was all over the place.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In hindsight they did sign a series of Kirk Cousins all with different names and faces but in essence the same type of QB.
we havent had one qb since he left that has approached his numbers . not even close

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not complaining when one states facts. Ron Rivera stated this heading into his postseason meeting with Dan Snyder:

Ron Rivera says finding a franchise QB is a top priority ...

https://www.bing.com/search?q=Ron Rivera says getting QB is top priority&qs=n&form=QBRE&sp=-1&pq=ron rivera says getting qb is top priority&sc=3-42&sk=&cvid=4485562F4FC947FD9FEBFCF0B4421474#

As a franchise, Washington is notoriously bad in developing QB's. In fact, they rarely take that route because it seems that they acquire or draft players who don't fit into their ever-changing rotation of head coaches. Drafting a player to develop is exactly the same thing that they've always done, yet here we are again suggesting that their "only option" is more of the same. In fact, isn't it true that drafting one at 19 or later suggests that ole' tried and failed to play the guy when all agree that he isn't ready? That's the epitome of what our friend @Breed states constantly..(paraphrasing) "we're in love with a bitch that we can't stand"

If finding a franchise QB is Rivera's "top priority" then it's interesting to note that he, like his predecessors, is taking the same approach in getting one because it appears that he like others has reasoned himself out of looking at other options.
and what other options are there ? none period

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping we find our "Justins" this draft. As in Herbert and Jefferson. A QB and WR that weren't top ranked at their position and yet exceeded expectations.
I'm really hoping TH gets a shot to start.
Also i think we need to temper expectations, we could go 9-7 and possibly miss the playoffs. Wow, i was all over the place.
justin herbert and jefferson were in the conversations as top 10 picks . i think falco should get a chance

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You cannot destroy the very good in search of the perfect. If there is no answer at this time in a search for your QB, then why make any moves, especially lateral ones just to say that you've done something rather than standing pat and building elsewhere? Selling hope again...Groan!!

Every SB-winning and the participating team had holes in their rosters and depth issues, that's the nature of NFL life in the SB/salary cap era.

Tanking is a dangerous proposition around here. The mere suggestion of doing such a thing brings anger and derision from others, and frankly, it's really not worth the headache to engage in such talk. Truthfully speaking, this team, with a loss to the Eagles in the season final would be drafting 11th instead of 19th. They will deny it to the ends of the earth, but Philly did exactly that in order to secure the #6 pick. Perhaps it's pride or some other trait that prevents this organization from being bold, imaginative, and aggressive in its quest to finally stop being the weakling who constantly gets sand kicked in their faces, (if you can remember that old Charles Atlas ad)

DON'T GET SAND KICKED IN YOUR FACE! BUY THE CHARLES …

https://www.bing.com/search?q=charl...37&sk=&cvid=CFD90143FEB04041962A60BFF6B45946#

It wasn't the muscle building that changed the skinny weakling, it was his mindset and confidence to meet the challenge.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You cannot destroy the very good in search of the perfect. If there is no answer at this time in a search for your QB, then why make any moves, especially lateral ones just to say that you've done something rather than standing pat and building elsewhere? Selling hope again...Groan!!

Every SB-winning and the participating team had holes in their rosters and depth issues, that's the nature of NFL life in the SB/salary cap era.

Tanking is a dangerous proposition around here. The mere suggestion of doing such a thing brings anger and derision from others, and frankly, it's really not worth the headache to engage in such talk. Truthfully speaking, this team, with a loss to the Eagles in the season final would be drafting 11th instead of 19th. They will deny it to the ends of the earth, but Philly did exactly that in order to secure the #6 pick. Perhaps it's pride or some other trait that prevents this organization from being bold, imaginative, and aggressive in its quest to finally stop being the weakling who constantly gets sand kicked in their faces, (if you can remember that old Charles Atlas ad)

DON'T GET SAND KICKED IN YOUR FACE! BUY THE CHARLES …

https://www.bing.com/search?q=charles atlas ad kicking sand in face&qs=n&form=QBRE&sp=-1&pq=charles atlas ad kicking sand in face&sc=3-37&sk=&cvid=CFD90143FEB04041962A60BFF6B45946#

It wasn't the muscle building that changed the skinny weakling, it was his mindset and confidence to meet the challenge.
i think allen and falco have a lot to prove just to be considered 2dn tier allen has won 1 game in his last 12 starts and falco was an xfl BU and has been injured every year of his career

now i am not here to rule them out but MM 's career suggest he is better then either

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and what other options are there ? none period
There are other options but too many people are afraid of gutting and or trading away the future in favor of the same thing they've always gotten with this franchise. I get it, 7-9, 8-8, 9-7 is extremely comfortable, and gasp it could be worse, right? Fear gets you that, but overcoming debilitating fear could and often does win championships!

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are other options but too many people are afraid of gutting and or trading away the future in favor of the same thing they've always gotten with this franchise. I get it, 7-9, 8-8, 9-7 is extremely comfortable, and gasp it could be worse, right? Fear gets you that, but overcoming debilitating fear could and often does win championships!
so this is about DW and RW . i say again he isnt coming here he is 28-25 as a starter . he will be the same here . the offer we need to give up to get him wont beat out the dolphins

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and its a myth that we have "always " done this . we never , ever build a team around them . either our receivers and defense suck or the guy we hang our hat a qb that can run a pro offense . RG3 was a flash in the pan who couldnt play in a pro offense based on fear of what he was seeing or not actually seeing it .

he failed with the browns and the ravens grabbed jackson because he wasnt an answer

for most of the past 20 years this team chased big name FA's to sell tickets and then see them fail as players when we got a winning season they thought they were better then they were and dicked it up

why the hell would DW want to come here to be houston NFC ? you end up with little draft capitol , and no fa flexibilty

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think allen and falco have a lot to prove just to be considered 2dn tier , allen has won 1 game in his last 12 starts and falco was an xfl BU and has been injured every year of his career

now i am not here to rule them out but MM 's career suggest he is better then either
You're going to, love what I do next

Ready?? quoting you.. (well not exactly)

"i think Marcus Mariota have a lot to prove just to be considered 2dn tier."

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so this is about DW and RW . i say again he isnt coming here he is 28-25 as a starter . he will be the same here . the offer we need to give up to get him wont beat out the dolphins
They could move up in the draft or actually trade for someone not named DW or RW. I know that you would love to continue talking about these two guys but I'm not with you on that. What they actually have to do is be smart for once in a way that makes sense. If the "top priority" is finding a "franchise QB" then nickel and diming as usual or standing pat just won't cut it. If he's brave enough to publicly make that statement when the pressure is off, then be man enough to publicly admit to the impossibility of doing so at this time when the pressure grows. Whatever the case, just stop selling hope or we can't move because we're afraid BS. "Top priority" used to mean something other than more of the same. In fact, it meant of greatest importance or forgoing all other things this will be addressed first. Matthew Stafford, I get, but now the talk of Darnold, Mariota et.al. has entered surrender territory because I don't see much difference between 4, 5, or 6 six wins with and without them.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and its a myth that we have "always " done this . we never , ever build a team around them . either our receivers and defense suck or the guy we hang our hat a qb that can run a pro offense . RG3 was a flash in the pan who couldnt play in a pro offense based on fear of what he was seeing or not actually seeing it .

he failed with the browns and the ravens grabbed jackson because he wasnt an answer

for most of the past 20 years this team chased big name FA's to sell tickets and then see them fail as players when we got a winning season they thought they were better then they were and dicked it up

why the hell would DW want to come here to be houston NFC ? you end up with little draft capitol , and no fa flexibilty
I know that you wish it to be that this organization under Snyder hasn't always done this but here are the facts:

The number of WFT starting QBs since 1999: Brad Johnson; Jeff George; Tony Banks; Shane Matthews; Patrick Ramsey; Danny Wuerffel; Tim Hasselbeck; Mark Brunell; Jason Campbell; Todd Collins; Donovan McNabb; Rex Grossman; John Beck; Robert Griffin III; Kirk Cousins; Colt McCoy; Alex Smith; Josh Johnson; and Mark Sanchez.

Now if you can just pick one who wasn't a fading vet, middle of the pack, or worse QB, I'll stand corrected!

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know that you wish it to be that this organization under Snyder hasn't always done this but here are the facts:

The number of WFT starting QBs since 1999: Brad Johnson; Jeff George; Tony Banks; Shane Matthews; Patrick Ramsey; Danny Wuerffel; Tim Hasselbeck; Mark Brunell; Jason Campbell; Todd Collins; Donovan McNabb; Rex Grossman; John Beck; Robert Griffin III; Kirk Cousins; Colt McCoy; Alex Smith; Josh Johnson; and Mark Sanchez.

Now if you can just pick one who wasn't a fading vet, middle of the pack, or worse QB, I'll stand corrected!
brad johnson super bowl winner so he was a good middle of the pack but again what is your point ? none of those had a full team around them

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're going to, love what I do next

Ready?? quoting you.. (well not exactly)

"i think Marcus Mariota have a lot to prove just to be considered 2dn tier."
yep but when did i say that ? before or after i looked at his film ? for the record i did say that .

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we havent had one qb since he left that has approached his numbers . not even close
Let's throw a party for mediocre and his followers that haven't come close to his "numbers!"