• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Qb Mariota

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They could move up in the draft or actually trade for someone not named DW or RW. I know that you would love to continue talking about these two guys but I'm not with you on that. What they actually have to do is be smart for once in a way that makes sense. If the "top priority" is finding a "franchise QB" then nickel and diming as usual or standing pat just won't cut it. If he's brave enough to publicly make that statement when the pressure is off, then be man enough to publicly admit to the impossibility of doing so at this time when the pressure grows. Whatever the case, just stop selling hope or we can't move because we're afraid BS. "Top priority" used to mean something other than more of the same. In fact, it meant of greatest importance or forgoing all other things this will be addressed first. Matthew Stafford, I get, but now the talk of Darnold, Mariota et.al. has entered surrender territory because I don't see much difference between 4, 5, or 6 six wins with and without them.
well how much do you pay for wilson fields or lance ? if it requires gutting drafts and the team then i dont know how you make the move

the thing is when you make RG3 type trades if you fail you are cooked

now can we get one with a reasonable trade ?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They could move up in the draft or actually trade for someone not named DW or RW. I know that you would love to continue talking about these two guys but I'm not with you on that. What they actually have to do is be smart for once in a way that makes sense. If the "top priority" is finding a "franchise QB" then nickel and diming as usual or standing pat just won't cut it. If he's brave enough to publicly make that statement when the pressure is off, then be man enough to publicly admit to the impossibility of doing so at this time when the pressure grows. Whatever the case, just stop selling hope or we can't move because we're afraid BS. "Top priority" used to mean something other than more of the same. In fact, it meant of greatest importance or forgoing all other things this will be addressed first. Matthew Stafford, I get, but now the talk of Darnold, Mariota et.al. has entered surrender territory because I don't see much difference between 4, 5, or 6 six wins with and without them.
or we could pass and wait till we can actually act instead of forcing overpays

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's throw a party for mediocre and his followers that haven't come close to his "numbers!"
if KC was here then maybe we are a winning team . if he is putting up the numbers then i dont see how you can say he isnt doing his part

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well how much do you pay for wilson fields or lance ? if it requires gutting drafts and the team then i dont know how you make the move

the thing is when you make RG3 type trades if you fail you are cooked

now can we get one with a reasonable trade ?
I understand the cost AND the risks, but honestly how's it working not doing any of that year, after year, after year? Risk/reward is a real thing so is being scared stiff. With the former at least you're in the game, with the latter you're invited to dinner and- you're the main course!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if KC was here then maybe we are a winning team . if he is putting up the numbers then i dont see how you can say he isnt doing his part
If I had the right numbers then maybe I'd win the lottery!!

His (KC) numbers despite what you or my friend try to remake them to be puts him in the middle of the pack in QB rankings. I've posted this over and over again and don't mind doing it again if it finally gets through to you guys!

BTW: that would have to be one hell of a team around him and guys like him to win an SB. Ask Brad Johnson, Eli Manning, and a whole host of guys who happened to be QB's on SB-winning teams and get more credit than deserved because of it.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
or we could pass and wait till we can actually act instead of forcing overpays
You asked for options that didn't include RW or DW. I gave you that.

Now if there's a fear of losing current players remember that the average lifespan of an NFL player is 3.3 years. That number goes to 6 years if a rookie is on the active 53 man roster on opening day. The one position that offers any sort of long time stability is QB and that's changing as we speak. (another topic of conversation that we should shy away from)

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Note: The following list facts and are void of the feeling, likes, or dislikes of the individual so named. People can't use win/loss records in a team game when trying to afford QB's credit, but since you did...

KC was here and this team wasn't a winning team. He was 26-30-1 during his time here (yeah, yeah, I know it was the defense's fault but give him credit only for the wins)

His seasonal records after becoming a starter here were:
2013___ 3-13
2014___ 4-12
2015___ 9-7
2016___ 8-7-1
2017___ 7-9

Overall

Games started......................Record..........................................................................Home games........................................... Away Games
5726-30-116-1210-18-1

..And talking about the middle of the pack here's his overall record:

Games started......................Record..........................................................................Home games........................................... Away Games
10752-53-230-2222-31-2

Winning teams are winning teams, lavishing QB for wins then blaming others for losses is cray-cray!

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand the cost AND the risks, but honestly how's it working not doing any of that year, after year, after year? Risk/reward is a real thing so is being scared stiff. With the former at least you're in the game, with the latter you're invited to dinner and- you're the main course!
I think we have risked it and failed every time

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Note: The following list facts and are void of the feeling, likes, or dislikes of the individual so named. People can't use win/loss records in a team game when trying to afford QB's credit, but since you did...

KC was here and this team wasn't a winning team. He was 26-30-1 during his time here (yeah, yeah, I know it was the defense's fault but give him credit only for the wins)

His seasonal records after becoming a starter here were:
2013___ 3-13
2014___ 4-12
2015___ 9-7
2016___ 8-7-1
2017___ 7-9

Overall

5726-30-116-1210-18-1

..And talking about the middle of the pack here's his overall record:

10752-53-230-2222-31-2

Winning teams are winning teams, lavishing QB for wins then blaming others for losses is cray-cray!
Fact is the defense sucked at historical level so there you go

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we have risked it and failed every time
I don't disagree with that at all, one time in 2012 was it then fingers don't get burned again.

When your team is perpetually 6-10, 7-9, 8-8, and 9-7 you really don't have a choice when you're constantly in flux and have zero notions on how to evaluate your QB position and then build a team around that evaluation. OTOH, with Cousins, perhaps they did do a proper evaluation and decided that it would cost more money than the salary cap allowed to build the sort of team that could take him to a SB.:D (saying that for a friend)

Last edited:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or KC just didn’t want to play for Brucifer .

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not complaining when one states facts. Ron Rivera stated this heading into his postseason meeting with Dan Snyder:

Ron Rivera says finding a franchise QB is a top priority ...

https://www.bing.com/search?q=Ron Rivera says getting QB is top priority&qs=n&form=QBRE&sp=-1&pq=ron rivera says getting qb is top priority&sc=3-42&sk=&cvid=4485562F4FC947FD9FEBFCF0B4421474#

As a franchise, Washington is notoriously bad in developing QB's. In fact, they rarely take that route because it seems that they acquire or draft players who don't fit into their ever-changing rotation of head coaches. Drafting a player to develop is exactly the same thing that they've always done, yet here we are again suggesting that their "only option" is more of the same. In fact, isn't it true that drafting one at 19 or later suggests that ole' tried and failed to play the guy when all agree that he isn't ready? That's the epitome of what our friend @Breed states constantly..(paraphrasing) "we're in love with a bitch that we can't stand"

If finding a franchise QB is Rivera's "top priority" then it's interesting to note that he, like his predecessors, is taking the same approach in getting one because it appears that he like others has reasoned himself out of looking at other options.
Maybe RR truly does have something up his sleeve, Riverboat Ron style. At the very least though, he seems to have decided not to go the route that would be the quickest way to acquiring a franchise QB. That being trading for Deshaun Watson.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They must follow this site
The Junkies said the same thing this morning.

People here and else where were right. He isn't Brady or Rodgers .... meanwhile as I said when they let him go .... let me know when we find his replacement.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe RR truly does have something up his sleeve, Riverboat Ron style. At the very least though, he seems to have decided not to go the route that would be the quickest way to acquiring a franchise QB. That being trading for Deshaun Watson.
Attempting to trade for Matthew Stafford Ok, I get that, failing to make a bid for Watson even if outbid ?????

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't some top of the league QB worth 2-4 draft picks and and a player or two just go 4-12? I know, it wasn't his fault. :D And I agree it wasn't his fault but his greatest season netted him 4-12. Meanwhile another QB that here once upon a times worst season as a starter was 0-3 and 1-4. Nothing but the facts.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Attempting to trade for Matthew Stafford Ok, I get that, failing to make a bid for Watson even if outbid ?????
Did the Skins make an attempt to trade for Stafford? I saw it reported that they made inquiries. I was unaware they made any offers though.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They went hard after Stafford. At the end of the day Detroit passed up better offers to send Matt where he wanted to go.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3