• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Qb Mariota

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kirk is the reason why most players will not resign intill they are Free Agents kirk is a douchebag

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually Em, I like a well run football team. Something we haven't had since Joe Gibbs left and JKC died. I never thought we would go 30 years playing and being run so poorly.

Sure I like KC, he is the best QB the Redskins have had since at least Theismann. Trent Green would have been a good one but they let him go in free agency too. Funny how some teams go back to back with a Favre and Rodgers or Manning and Luck .....

I'll root for anyone that plays well.
I just got depressed reading this. The years have not been kind to us since JKC family lost the bid to Synder and co.
*shakes hand again*

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, how many times did Kirk get us to the superbowl? Even on a better TEAM, Cousins was the same ol' G.
you keep looking in the rear view, and your going to wreck your future
ok and what kind of defense did he have ? bottom feeders mostly , same in Minnesota . the point you miss is we have been looking for a qb ever since . his numbers dwarfed all of our qbs combined last season . he is doing what he can to win . but thats an excuse but when DW puts up big numbers and goes 4-12 then its a reason why

even great qbs need playesr around him and sound defenses

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. Be that as it may. I see you're on your revisionist history crusade as it concerns KC n everything being the defenses fault once again. Don't let me slow your roll.
and what revisionist ? was that defense even ranked in the middle of the pack ?

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and what revisionist ? was that defense even ranked in the middle of the pack ?
Regardless of their rank. They stepped up at times. They also came up short at times, but so did KC n the offense at times as well as the play calling imo.

It wasn't some secret or mystery. The strength of the Skins during the time KC was the Skins starting QB was clearly on the offensive side of the ball. We knew the defense was for the most part garbage. Both sides of the ball though,as well as Cuz n the playczlling had their shortcomings

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perception is 9/10 of the law .... both guys are very good QBs with very similar stats in many ways. If you see it any other way it is because you don't like one or the other.

If you wanted to acquire one or the other I would give the edge to Watson because he is 25. However I would not make a Robert Griffin type trade and I don't think Houston is going to trade him.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, this is a great post about Mariota. :pound:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless of their rank. They stepped up at times. They also came up short at times, but so did KC n the offense at times as well as the play calling imo.

It wasn't some secret or mystery. The strength of the Skins during the time KC was the Skins starting QB was clearly on the offensive side of the ball. We knew the defense was for the most part garbage. Both sides of the ball though,as well as Cuz n the playczlling had their shortcomings
ok but that can be said about any team . day in and day out those defenses stunk with an occasional decent outing but they let the team down far more often then they helped it . those defenses were demonstratively and historically awful and there isnt any revision there

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think its wise to give the raiders a fifth rounder for a qb who may not be any better than what we currently have.

Why not draft a fifth round qb ourselves in that case, AND pick up a veteran who is released post draft for cap reasons?

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Media doing their job, putting that qb talk on the fishing rod

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think its wise to give the raiders a fifth rounder for a qb who may not be any better than what we currently have.

Why not draft a fifth round qb ourselves in that case, AND pick up a veteran who is released post draft for cap reasons?
This is the rationale behind my previous post. Mariota will either be released or kept by the Raiders. Traded to the Eagles will further weaken them from a draft perspective and perhaps with the product that they put on the field. Washington should just employ some patience in their pursuit of that answer at QB.

I'm not enthused by the idea of drafting a QB beyond the second round but would rather fill another need. Unless there's some move to go big as opportunities present themselves, this team is not going to get their guy in the draft and settling for 2nd or 3rd tier guys are lateral moves in relation to what's already on the roster. The thing that about the froint office is that they have already indicated a willingness to go big with attempts to get Stafford. (Goff and Wentz =Meh) but hey, one out of three in that regard, isn't bad!