• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

QB dominos yet to fall

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One week into free agency, more or less..a flurry of trades/signings changed the landscape, but it's not over yet-

Free agents yet to find a home who could realistically be a competent starting QB-
Ryan Fitzpatrick

Qb's that could be had via trade, or at least those who we figure to be realistically traded-
Jimmy G
Baker Mayfield

Teams still needing a starting QB-
Seattle (D. Lock/G. Smith)
Houston (D. Mills)
Carolina (Sam Darnold).

My prediction-
Mayfield lands in Seattle, and they draft a QB
JimmyG stays in SF, Trey Lance does his best Aaron Rodgers to Brett Favre impersonation holding the clipboard
Carolina plods along with Sam Darnold, drafts a QB
And Fitz either hits Houston or retires, I don't see him wanting a straight back up job at 39, unless its on a SB contender. Houston moves forward with Mills and another drafted QB

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One week into free agency, more or less..a flurry of trades/signings changed the landscape, but it's not over yet-

Free agents yet to find a home who could realistically be a competent starting QB-
Ryan Fitzpatrick

Qb's that could be had via trade, or at least those who we figure to be realistically traded-
Jimmy G
Baker Mayfield

Teams still needing a starting QB-
Seattle (D. Lock/G. Smith)
Houston (D. Mills)
Carolina (Sam Darnold).

My prediction-
Mayfield lands in Seattle, and they draft a QB
JimmyG stays in SF, Trey Lance does his best Aaron Rodgers to Brett Favre impersonation holding the clipboard
Carolina plods along with Sam Darnold, drafts a QB
And Fitz either hits Houston or retires, I don't see him wanting a straight back up job at 39, unless its on a SB contender. Houston moves forward with Mills and another drafted QB
Think your right about the Panthers drafting a QB. After signing Bridgewater ( then taking it in the pants to trade him) and Darnold failures they are done with trash veteran QBs. Seahawks only trade for Mayfield if it's similar deal to the Panthers trading Bridgewater to Broncos got a 6th round pick and paid 17 out of 20 million of his contract. That the Seahawks might consider. Here is a Cleveland sports beat writer breaking down Mayfield
trade market and value, think it's on the money.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me just add a wrinkle.
Since the new regime has taken over (who did promise to look intently at each player on the roster), there has not been a lot of chatter from Halas Hall on the fate of some players. One of them being Justin Fields.

Think the assumption is to do what Nagy was supposed to do. But the eerie quietness makes some wonder if the new regime is set at QB. Plus we only have Foles as backup.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw earlier today the Panthers aren't interested in Mayfield.

laughing-hysterically.gif

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me just add a wrinkle.
Since the new regime has taken over (who did promise to look intently at each player on the roster), there has not been a lot of chatter from Halas Hall on the fate of some players. One of them being Justin Fields.

Think the assumption is to do what Nagy was supposed to do. But the eerie quietness makes some wonder if the new regime is set at QB. Plus we only have Foles as backup.
yep, he may the next Josh Rosen-albeit with a much brighter outlook to his future.

The analogy more being "last year's #1 pick being cast aside by a new regime" In which case, I would imagine at least a few teams line up to get him (unlike Rosen)

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep, he may the next Josh Rosen-albeit with a much brighter outlook to his future.

The analogy more being "last year's #1 pick being cast aside by a new regime" In which case, I would imagine at least a few teams line up to get him (unlike Rosen)
His situation is beginning to remind me of Johnny 'Football' Manziel. .... a lot of parallels there.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His situation is beginning to remind me of Johnny 'Football' Manziel. .... a lot of parallels there.
I haven't really kept up on Fields, but Manziel didn't take his football responsibilities seriously.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't really kept up on Fields, but Manziel didn't take his football responsibilities seriously.
I think you mean Mayfield, but what you say is true - - though the CLE connection and their lost faith sure smell the same. ...
smelly.jpg