• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rb dominos yet to fall

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a fairly thin free agent RB class is already much thinner. With only 3 realistically reliable options to chose from in Fournette, Penny and Gordon, only Gordon remains a free agent. But there is a few additional names out there who could shake up a dpeth chart and get some run in the right situations-

Free agents remaining-
Melvin Gordon
Phillip Lindsay
David Johnson
Sony Michel
Ronnie Jones III
maybe D. Freeman
Hyde should retire
Bell did retire, he just hasn't let anyone else know about it yet

Teams still needing a real RB-
ATL (CPAT)
MIA (Edmonds/Mostert)
KC (CEH)
HOUS (Burkhead)
Teams needing a complementary RB-
BUFF (?) (SIngletary/Duke)
Denver (J. Williams/Boone)
NO (Kamara susp?) (Kamara/Ingram)
LAR (Henderson/Achilles Akers)
CHIC (Montgomery-Cohen's role needs filled, but Cohen is also a FA so seems like they'd just resign him eh?...)
ARZ (Conners-long injury history for Conners, a strong backup/compliment would be logical)

My predictions-
Atl and Mia continue to run their franchises into the ground by not investing in half of the offensive gameplans, they don't even draft anyone.
other than that, I have no friggin clue. this position never works out like any rational thinking person would think it should.
Gordon SHOULD end up in KC as the COP to CEH to chase a ring, or in Houston as his last chance to be 'the guy'
Lindsay SHOULD go back to Miami, he'd also fit well in Atlanta. I'm guessing Houston and Denver bridges are burnt. COuld also be a good insurance policy in ARZ for Conners
**lets just say anyone currently available is a good fit in Houston****
DJ If I were New Orleans, this is where I'd be looking for insurance against a possible Kamara suspension, maybe he could finish where he started in ARZ? I dunno if that bridge is burnt or not
Michel SHOULD be insurance for Kamara/Conners, could easily return to LAR and return to that role, Denver might make sense, but I think they would prefer Boone.
Ronnie Jones III SHOULD play special teams and give up his career as an actual RB

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the DJ to Saints idea. Hopefully his bad play in Houston was because Houston was Houstoning. (Not sure any of those guys signing with Houston would ever be worth starting.)

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think the rams need a guy. At worst they have a strong committee. Although i think mcvay likes a lead back. Hendo AND michel performed just fine when they were that guy. The one who didnt was akers who inexplicably came back and jumped them all when it mattered, and only had one really good reception. I believe hendo is very talented. But maybe a bit fragile.

@TREFF and I ALWAYS disagree on running backs. I think its accurate to say we both have had some strong stances…

We both have instances of being proven very right, and instances of being proven
Wrong.

But I love debating him, and listening to what he has to say. I love bantering with successful folks who have different approaches and thoughts.:suds:

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think the rams need a guy. At worst they have a strong committee. Although i think mcvay likes a lead back. Hendo AND michel performed just fine when they were that guy. The one who didnt was akers who inexplicably came back and jumped them all when it mattered, and only had one really good reception. I believe hendo is very talented. But maybe a bit fragile.

@TREFF and I ALWAYS disagree on running backs. I think its accurate to say we both have had some strong stances…

We both have instances of being proven very right, and instances of being proven
Wrong.

But I love debating him, and listening to what he has to say. I love bantering with successful folks who have different approaches and thoughts.:suds:
well I certainly wouldn't argue strongly that LAR NEED a RB..but they could certainly use one better than what they've got. Granted that could be said for half the teams in the league. But hey, they're the ones trying to repeat, might as well improve wherever you can.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well I certainly wouldn't argue strongly that LAR NEED a RB..but they could certainly use one better than what they've got. Granted that could be said for half the teams in the league. But hey, they're the ones trying to repeat, might as well improve wherever you can.
Yeah i hear yah. Im in the minority. But i really do think hendo is awesome. I think i told rammy that prior to this year. Someone in mbbrl either @Trudem or @TKOSpikes bought hendo shares on me pumping him this past year. Dont think he did anything but impress.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah i hear yah. Im in the minority. But i really do think hendo is awesome. I think i told rammy that prior to this year. Someone in mbbrl either @Trudem or @TKOSpikes bought hendo shares on me pumping him this past year. Dont think he did anything but impress.
He exceeded my expectations, I'll give ya that for sure

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, well, mike davis. So it evened my rosters out because i owned them both almost everywhere
Gotta be honest with ya, of those two guys who I railed on pretty hard last offseason, Mike Davis was the one I was more worried about making me eat crow

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn’t me

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given where Atlanta is, and already having signed Cordarrelle, I don't see why they'd sign a FA RB. They should draft a raw one and use this season to work him in. I guess that means they'd draft a QB, a RB and a WR or two, and that's a lot of skill positions. But they have nine picks to work with.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully his bad play in Houston was because Houston was Houstoning.
man oh man every time i read something like this

i cringe 1647996698106.png now im not saying you Will or anyone else is wrong....because you are not....

man oh man i miss the days of 1647996784471.png

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given where Atlanta is, and already having signed Cordarrelle, I don't see why they'd sign a FA RB. They should draft a raw one and use this season to work him in. I guess that means they'd draft a QB, a RB and a WR or two, and that's a lot of skill positions. But they have nine picks to work with.
I certainly don't see them signing one, they need one, make no mistake but they won't, and I highly doubt the draft one..at least not one who is 'projected' to be a potential starter. QB, WR, Line, pretty much any D position..all likely take priority over a RB. They've proven they're hard-core believers in 'RB's are a dime a dozen' school of thought. Something Shanny taught them before he left. Unfortunately it takes an intense understanding of his system, his flow of playcalling, in order for that fantasy to be a reality.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn’t me
shoulda been.......
Abc Bennett GIF by The Bachelorette

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta be honest with ya, of those two guys who I railed on pretty hard last offseason, Mike Davis was the one I was more worried about making me eat crow
Well, he literally had NO viable competition. He had to really suck to lose his job, and suck he did......cpat balled, but they fed davis for a while before saying screw it

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would of been much nicer for us if he stayed healthy down the stretch. But if you cuffed michel it worked out fine

I didn’t cuff Michel. What would have worked out fine for me, is if I started AJ Dillon in the championship. Instead, he watched from the bench as I lost.