• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Proud of Nick Foles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nick has taken a lot of grief this season from a lot of fans and talking heads... mostly because he isn't Michael Vick. When Chip Kelly was hired everyone envisioned him transcending the NFL's offensive schemes. They imagined Kelly's offense running on all cylinders with a QB rushing for 2000 yards, passing for 10,000 yards and doubling the all-time points records.

Then Vick got hurt and a gangly 6'5" dude from a non-QB school took over. Even when he had success over his first 4-5 starts this year people were clowning Nick Foles just because he wasn't a running QB. It has been very surreal to see the amount of garbage people talk about him the last 6 months, just because he doesn't run a 4.5 with an open-field-juke-style to his game.

Fact is, he had the 3rd highest Quarterback rating in the history of the NFL and the highest QB rating ever on the road. Finished the season with 29 TDs and 2 INTs. Sure, he took too many sacks, and didn't take as many down-field chances as he could have, but much of that has to do with the fact that he is a 2nd year player with 17 careers starts under his belt and playing for a first year head coach. They are still very early in the NFL learning process.

Last night the Eagles came up short against the Saints, but after the game Nick held his head high. I, for one, am very proud of the man he has become. After the most heartbreaking loss of his career he came out and addressed the media and took responsibility. We couldn't ask for a better representative for UofA football.

Thank you Nick, thanks for being a Wildcat.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i mean good for him, but ive heard nothing but praise...........not doom n gloom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i mean good for him, but ive heard nothing but praise...........not doom n gloom

... for the last 2-3 weeks, yes. But before that there were just as many, or more, fans talking trash about him and saying the Eagles should tank for Marriota. Yes, Foles has gotten praise from many for his ability to read defenses and make the right decision, but what I'm saying is I find the amount of fans, and reporters who clown on him for "not being a running QB" and "not being the guy to run Chip Kelly's offense" amusing.

What happened is people projected the type of player they thought Chip Kelly needed to run his sets and Nick Foles is the exact opposite, he is a pure pocket passer, so they turned that into "he isn't the guy".

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow! Great post game press conference. I've never seen Foles speak with so much passion before. He clearly loves playing for Philly and his teammates. Good stuff GS. I do however, disagree with you that the Philly fans have been giving Foles grief. In fact, I think it's been the complete opposite. They seem to have embraced him with open arms. I think there was heavy skepticism about Foles initially because of Chip Kelly's style of offense but when Vick got hurt and Foles stepped in and tied the single game td record, I think the skepticism turned towards Vick instead. The only time I saw negativity towards Foles was after the Dallas game which was a horrible game for him. And this coming the week after his record setting day. People started saying he was a one hit wonder at that time but he quickly shut up the naysayers the week after when he started again. What Foles has done great is be consistent! He's consistently been accurate, he's consistently thrown td's, consistently taken care of the ball, and has consistently completed his passes. I've spoken to many philly fans and they absolutely love this guy. Any troll who's trolling is trolling just to troll :lol:.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i hope your not referring to me? i like the kid, think hes damnnn good

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any idea what happens in Philly at QB next year? Vick said he's not coming back as a back-up, but does the starting spot belong to Foles, for sure? I mean, I'd give it to him; he obviously made the team better. I think if Philly gives him an offseason, and all next season, they will be happy with the results.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow! Great post game press conference. I've never seen Foles speak with so much passion before. He clearly loves playing for Philly and his teammates. Good stuff GS. I do however, disagree with you that the Philly fans have been giving Foles grief. In fact, I think it's been the complete opposite. They seem to have embraced him with open arms. I think there was heavy skepticism about Foles initially because of Chip Kelly's style of offense but when Vick got hurt and Foles stepped in and tied the single game td record, I think the skepticism turned towards Vick instead. The only time I saw negativity towards Foles was after the Dallas game which was a horrible game for him. And this coming the week after his record setting day. People started saying he was a one hit wonder at that time but he quickly shut up the naysayers the week after when he started again. What Foles has done great is be consistent! He's consistently been accurate, he's consistently thrown td's, consistently taken care of the ball, and has consistently completed his passes. I've spoken to many philly fans and they absolutely love this guy. Any troll who's trolling is trolling just to troll :lol:.

Right MCW, but I'm not talking about just Philly fans, I am talking about football fans in general. I am talking a psychological study of fans projecting their beliefs into the future and being disappointed when they are wrong.

Here is the deal, after last season, with Kaepernick, Wilson and RG3 all having huge success with the option, all the talk during the off-season was about how running QBs were the future... that these guys were going to "revolutionize" the way the position is played and the way offenses are run. Then, the Eagles hired the person who many believe is the #1 offensive mind for just this type of QB. People projected the way that Chip Kelly's offense would change the NFL and everyone envisioned that being done with a QB who averaged 100 yards a game on the ground.

... so, with the lack of imagination of most fans, when Nick Foles, a statuesque pocket passer, started to run the Oregon offense with great efficiency these fans turned on him just because he wasn't the type of guy who they wanted to see run Chip's offense.

The fact is, tons of people hated on Nick, not because he wasn't getting the job done, but because they selfishly wanted to see a guy in Chips offense who would be transcendent with his legs.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right MCW, but I'm not talking about just Philly fans, I am talking about football fans in general. I am talking a psychological study of fans projecting their beliefs into the future and being disappointed when they are wrong.

Here is the deal, after last season, with Kaepernick, Wilson and RG3 all having huge success with the option, all the talk during the off-season was about how running QBs were the future... that these guys were going to "revolutionize" the way the position is played and the way offenses are run. Then, the Eagles hired the person who many believe is the #1 offensive mind for just this type of QB. People projected the way that Chip Kelly's offense would change the NFL and everyone envisioned that being done with a QB who averaged 100 yards a game on the ground.

... so, with the lack of imagination of most fans, when Nick Foles, a statuesque pocket passer, started to run the Oregon offense with great efficiency these fans turned on him just because he wasn't the type of guy who they wanted to see run Chip's offense.

The fact is, tons of people hated on Nick, not because he wasn't getting the job done, but because they selfishly wanted to see a guy in Chips offense who would be transcendent with his legs.

Well personally I haven't seen too much hatred towards Nick this year but it sounds like you've seen more of it than I have. I think those that are hating on nick are just idiots and are eating their own words right now. I agree with you that last years rookie qb's started a trend that looks exciting and can work at the nfl level but I argue that Nick is also a trend setter in his own way. I mean, Foles is by no means the quintessential qb for chip Kelly's offense but I think be proved that as long as you're accurate and can sling the ball down field, then you can be successful in any offense! I mean, his ability to throw the long ball spread the defense out and allowed McCoy to be successful in Kelly's offense. Foles made his team better, much much better than Vick did. Those people who hated on Nick watch too much espn and bought into the so called "running qb" who are going to revolutionize the game. I am so freakin proud of Nick and I'm happy for his success. Let the haters hate.

520GGATO

Southern Arizona Servin'
Hoopla Cash
$ 85.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will be their starter next year. Philly fans love him. Saint Nick is his nick name. They just need a defense. He played well last night.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foles has the job. He was arguably the best QB in the NFL the last half of the season and played well in thr playoff game. Vick is done.