• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Props to Mahomes

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even with a bum toe and running around all crazy some of those throws were unreal and on another day would have been caught.

Seriously, who else can throw passes like that -- falling sideways to the ground, side armed for 20 yards right to his guy. Wild.

View attachment 264653

He should have had two TD passes that were a ridiculous escape and no idea how he was able to get rid of the ball let alone throw it the way he did with as much force as he did. Receivers didn't help him one bit last night. Neither did his patchwork OL

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speed Kills and so will the CAP.

KC has 25 guys that are Free Agents in 2021. Cap Space -$13.7M
TB has 32 guys that are Free Agents in 2021 +$33.7M

Neither will be back in 2022

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,724.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom Brady is the ultimate exception in the history of the sport. Tom Brady also doesn’t scramble and take a dozen hits per game. You tell me how many scrambling QB’s play more than 10 years and remain elite.
John Elway
Russell Wilson
Steve Young
Donovan McNabb
Steve McNair
Randall Cunningham
Michael Vick

Go back a ways.....Fran.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom Brady is the ultimate exception in the history of the sport. Tom Brady also doesn’t scramble and take a dozen hits per game. You tell me how many scrambling QB’s play more than 10 years and remain elite.

Mahomes, unlike a Lamar/RG3 type has the ability to age well as a pocket passer. Similar to Rodgers, he has the wheels as an added dimension, but it’s not the best part of their games

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John Elway
Russell Wilson
Steve Young
Donovan McNabb
Steve McNair
Randall Cunningham
Michael Vick

Go back a ways.....Fran.
Fair enough. That’s a pretty good list. Mahomes is smaller than most of those guys, but Russell Wilson and Vick are pretty good comps. We’ll see if he can stay healthy. I’m not convinced.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mahomes, unlike a Lamar/RG3 type has the ability to age well as a pocket passer. Similar to Rodgers, he has the wheels as an added dimension, but it’s not the best part of their games
He could also fit into Rodgers’ man-purse.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speed Kills and so will the CAP.

KC has 25 guys that are Free Agents in 2021. Cap Space -$13.7M
TB has 32 guys that are Free Agents in 2021 +$33.7M

Neither will be back in 2022

Tampa has a TON of flexibility. They have $12M in cap space on TE's not named Gronk. Jensen their center is due $10M and has no dead cap if they cut him. Have $5M to Gholston who I dont believe played yesterday.

They are going to lose players.....but for the most part they won't be huge impact guys. Godwin is the biggest guy they are likely going to lose and with as piss poor as he played in the playoffs they actually now may be able to afford him again as I can't believe any team is thinking he is a #1 option anymore.

They have plenty of space for a huge contract for Barrett. A couple of one year deals on their vets like Suh and David who are so old they wont get multi year offers elsewhere. And still have enough money left over to ink Gronk and AB again. And even after all that they still have a ton of space available.

And they will likely be the hot spot to sign for ring chasers this offseason.

....and if they have HALF the draft this year that they had last year, they are going to get players from there to help too. Licht has quietly been one of the better drafting GM's in all of football the last 5 years or so.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tampa has a TON of flexibility. They have $12M in cap space on TE's not named Gronk. Jensen their center is due $10M and has no dead cap if they cut him. Have $5M to Gholston who I dont believe played yesterday.

They are going to lose players.....but for the most part they won't be huge impact guys. Godwin is the biggest guy they are likely going to lose and with as piss poor as he played in the playoffs they actually now may be able to afford him again as I can't believe any team is thinking he is a #1 option anymore.

They have plenty of space for a huge contract for Barrett. A couple of one year deals on their vets like Suh and David who are so old they wont get multi year offers elsewhere. And still have enough money left over to ink Gronk and AB again. And even after all that they still have a ton of space available.

....and if they have HALF the draft this year that they had last year, they are going to get players from there to help too. Licht has quietly been one of the better drafting GM's in all of football the last 5 years or so.
Good analysis. Everyone talks about KC like it’s a lay-up for them to keep getting back to the SB. But all the winning takes a toll. Teams start poaching coaches and execs. Top players leave in free agency. It’s hard to keep it all together for more than 4-5 years at a time in the NFL.

LetsGoPats

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady in 2007: 29-48, 266YDS, 1TD, 0INT, 82.5 Rating. Not bad at all with constant pressure in his face all day. Better than I remembered.

Correct -- even though The Giants weren't giving him time to throw, he almost pulled it off.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You’re right about Godwin, but I still think he gets paid like a #1 WR, just because of WR needs of the teams with money to spend

Jets and Pats should definitely be in on the overpay

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You’re right about Godwin, but I still think he gets paid like a #1 WR, just because of WR needs of the teams with money to spend

Jets and Pats should definitely be in on the overpay
Teams like the Jets exist where it's gonna be a pretty minimal risk to swing and miss because they're already ass. Wishful thinking teams ignore the last 3 years of Godwin's production, imo.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Right.. he can be very successful without the running.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams like the Jets exist where it's gonna be a pretty minimal risk to swing and miss because they're already ass. Wishful thinking teams ignore the last 3 years of Godwin's production, imo.

Godwin/Robinson/Ju Ju/Samuel

all gonna find some nice paydays. It’s a passing league, and the team that just won the SB showed how nice it is to have an endless supply of targets, while the team that lost became easier to defend when you limit their only 2 real weapons

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am really curious to hear from the "but the cap" bros who the Chiefs are losing. Sounds like a lot of hand-waving to me.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Godwin/Robinson/Ju Ju/Samuel

all gonna find some nice paydays. It’s a passing league, and the team that just won the SB showed how nice it is to have an endless supply of targets, while the team that lost became easier to defend when you limit their only 2 real weapons

Add Galladay and Fuller to that list too.

Lots of WR's available and this upcoming draft is just as loaded with WR's as last years was.

WR is going to go through a RB like drought in terms of contracts in the upcoming years (not quite that bad). There are simply too many players at the position that can do a good job for you that paying a lot for one of the other (unless they are Hill like) doesn't make a lot of sense.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will be the new norm on Madden 22 just like the one handed catch became after Odell. We’ll have virtual Big Ben making Superman throws 14 times a season pretty soon.
Not Ben. The XBox will fall off the shelf upon Ben landing after the throw.