• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pro Bowl Farce

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No need for a game. Just name the all pro teams / pro bowl rosters without actually having a game. That way alternates or guys who wouldn't be pro bowlers without players backing out wouldn't be that.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No need for a game. Just name the all pro teams / pro bowl rosters without actually having a game. That way alternates or guys who wouldn't be pro bowlers without players backing out wouldn't be that.

There ya go. That way guys could still get their bonuses and recognition and such for making the team but we don't have the joke of a game

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If they really want to have a game with a respectable degree of competitiveness and effort you make it a rookies vs sophomores game or something.

Or maybe tie it to the Senior Bowl and split the Pro Bowl rosters into a North and South squad according to their colleges. That way we can do a better job of getting all the deserving players selected. For example, 8 WRs get selected, but what if 6 of the top WRs play in the NFC? Then 2 are getting left out.

If they went the Senior Bowl route, then you take the top 8 WRs, top 6 QBs, top 6 RBs etc and split them north/south according to their colleges.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they really want to have a game with a respectable degree of competitiveness and effort you make it a rookies vs sophomores game or something.

Or maybe tie it to the Senior Bowl and split the Pro Bowl rosters into a North and South squad according to their colleges. That way we can do a better job of getting all the deserving players selected. For example, 8 WRs get selected, but what if 6 of the top WRs play in the NFC? Then 2 are getting left out.

If they went the Senior Bowl route, then you take the top 8 WRs, top 6 QBs, top 6 RBs etc and split them north/south according to their colleges.

I was thinking about that the other day. But are there good enough rooks/sophs to fill out both rosters? Then I thought about extending it to players in their first three years.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I was thinking about that the other day. But are there good enough rooks/sophs to fill out both rosters? Then I thought about extending it to players in their first three years.

First 3 years crossed my mind too. Depth would be the big issue there. What would it have looked like this year if it were rookies vs sophs?

Luck/RG3 (if healthy)/Wilson
Martin/Morris/Richardson
Blackmon/Hilton/Givens/Gordon/AJ Jenkins
Allen/Fleener
I don't know about OL

Defense?

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly didn't know it was on yesterday. I mean, I know the NFL schedule, and that the ProBowl is played the week before the SB, but I had zero inclination to try tracking it down.

The game is a total waste of airplay. Nobody cares, including the players. It doesn't bridge the gap between the conference championships and the Super Bowl, it enhances it.

Honestly, I'd rather watch the HOF game in a scab-year than the Pro Bowl.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Reminds me of the college All Star game. That was a good one. Those kids wanted to beat the Super Bowl Champions so bad that they played their asses off. They almost did beat the Jets.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
What would be more interesting to me is a game featuring College all-stars vs NFL team with the worst record. I'd expect a team like the Chiefs to still win, but it'd be fun to watch (jamaal Charles truck sticking manti te'o would be quite something).

Last edited by a moderator:

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

just name then and they don't travel to Hawaii? how does that benefit Hawaii tourism.......boooo.......booooooo

:-)

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First 3 years crossed my mind too. Depth would be the big issue there. What would it have looked like this year if it were rookies vs sophs?

Luck/RG3 (if healthy)/Wilson
Martin/Morris/Richardson
Blackmon/Hilton/Givens/Gordon/AJ Jenkins
Allen/Fleener
I don't know about OL

Defense?

Rooks:

Luck/Wilson/RG3
Martin/Morris/Richardson
Hilton/Broyles/Blackmon
Fleener/Allen
Kalil/Zeitler/Konz/Silatolu/Glenn

Kuechly/Wagner/David
Hayward/Jenkins/Claiborne/Smith

DL I have no idea right now

Sophs:

Newton/Kaepernick/Dalton
Murray/Hunter/Ridley
Green/Jones/Cobb/Smith
Rudolph/Housler
Smith/Gilbert/Pouncey/Wisniewski/Franklin

Watt/Wilkerson/Fairley/Smith
McCarthy/Wright/Miller
Peterson/Sherman/Culliver/Amukamara

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
That is pretty lame letting Saturday change teams, but it's not as lame as sending him to the probowl in the first place. He was so good that he got benched this year.

I'll probably never watch a probowl. I'm not boycotting it or anything, but it's about as meaningful as "reality" TV.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I finally got around to seeing the highlights. I did get a kick out of JPP intercepting a pass thrown to JJ Watt.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is pretty lame letting Saturday change teams, but it's not as lame as sending him to the probowl in the first place. He was so good that he got benched this year.

I'll probably never watch a probowl. I'm not boycotting it or anything, but it's about as meaningful as "reality" TV.

Easy now. Let's not get crazy. At least reality TV has a few entertaining moments.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just like MLB how the All-Star game has some effect, as long as the NFC is winning, they should have the winning conference be able to host the Super Bowl and then choose stadiums from there. We could get a few SBs in the next few decades. ;)

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just like MLB how the All-Star game has some effect, as long as the NFC is winning, they should have the winning conference be able to host the Super Bowl and then choose stadiums from there. We could get a few SBs in the next few decades. ;)

They'd have to have the Pro Bowl in November, logistically.

:pizza:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Speaking of which, when is Santa Clara gonna get a SB? It better be soon. SF was supposed to host the '99 / '00 SB, but they never got a stadium done (thank God; I'm much happier with it in Santa Clara).

Dallas got a SB the second year it existed.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of which, when is Santa Clara gonna get a SB? It better be soon. SF was supposed to host the '99 / '00 SB, but they never got a stadium done (thank God; I'm much happier with it in Santa Clara).

Dallas got a SB the second year it existed.

I haven't been keeping track. When is the new stadium scheduled for completion?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I haven't been keeping track. When is the new stadium scheduled for completion?

I think it's supposed to open for the 2014 season. This should be the last year at the 'stick.
thestick.png

Last edited by a moderator:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They'd have to have the Pro Bowl in November, logistically.

:pizza:

Oh, I meant the next year's and if that's too soon for a team, then it goes to another team who can handle it within the conference. But then again, I wasn't serious.