• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Preseason Top 25

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they are ranked a tad bit too high. I get they are a talented team but I can't see them being there all year. They lost to Loyola last year and what's funny is they play Loyola again in the Mountain West-Missouri Valley Conference Challenge. I don't think they make it out of their non-conference schedule without a loss.

I don't like Nevada because I was a UNLV season ticket holder when I lived in Lost Wages.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they are ranked a tad bit too high. I get they are a talented team but I can't see them being there all year. They lost to Loyola last year and what's funny is they play Loyola again in the Mountain West-Missouri Valley Conference Challenge. I don't think they make it out of their non-conference schedule without a loss.

I don't like Nevada because I was a UNLV season ticket holder when I lived in Lost Wages.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aah gotcha. Personal beef lol

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every major conference is down except for the ACC and SEC. So, they should rule the roost.

Also a good year for mid majors to step up and grab bids.

I agree. The problem is the mid majors aren't looking like anything special. URI lost a lot off last year. Same with St. Bonaventure. I think the A-10 can still be a 2/3 bid league, but if they had their programs running good, you would have teams like Davidson, Dayton, St. Joe's, URI, St. Louis, George Mason and VCU all contesting for bids.

Same with the Mtn. West. Nevada and San Diego State appear to be the only teams capable of making the tournament. MVC looks like a 1 bid league.

1 league to potentially get 2 that wouldn't surprise me, the Ivy League. Penn and Harvard both look to be real strong, and Princeton should be a really good 3rd place team.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes me a little sick to stomach seeing Nevada ranked in the top 10.

They are loaded. Return everyone of significance, bring in 3 impact transfers and a McDonald's All-American.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They have some challenging games. At Loyola, at USC vs Arizona State in LA. Even if they lose 1/2 they'll still be a high seed come March.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have some challenging games. At Loyola, at USC vs Arizona State in LA. Even if they lose 1/2 they'll still be a high seed come March.

I'm thinking Nevada will definitely be at least a 4-5 seed. Can't see them any lower than that.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking Nevada will definitely be at least a 4-5 seed. Can't see them any lower than that.

I have them as a 2 seed in my preseason bracket. I think in order for them to achieve that, they can probably only afford to lose 3/4 which I think they're capable of.

Galway Eagle

Chicago > Milwaukee > Galway
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. The problem is the mid majors aren't looking like anything special. URI lost a lot off last year. Same with St. Bonaventure. I think the A-10 can still be a 2/3 bid league, but if they had their programs running good, you would have teams like Davidson, Dayton, St. Joe's, URI, St. Louis, George Mason and VCU all contesting for bids.

Same with the Mtn. West. Nevada and San Diego State appear to be the only teams capable of making the tournament. MVC looks like a 1 bid league.

1 league to potentially get 2 that wouldn't surprise me, the Ivy League. Penn and Harvard both look to be real strong, and Princeton should be a really good 3rd place team.

The A10 and MWC are so weird they've both had years where they've been ranked higher than a couple of the P6 leagues and then they'll turn around with crap years like this

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indiana will probably be ranked most of the season. Too talented.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indiana will probably be ranked most of the season. Too talented.

The B10 as a whole looks really good this season. I’m anxious to see how they do in the B10/ACC challenge.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The B10 as a whole looks really good this season. I’m anxious to see how they do in the B10/ACC challenge.

I view it much differently. I don't see how Michigan State, Purdue and Michigan can be better than they were last year. Purdue loses 4 starters, Michigan loses Wagner, Robinson, and Abdur-Rahkman. But I think Belein is a top 5 coach in the country so it wouldn't surprise me if they were playing their best in febFebru and March. Michigan State lost 2 lottery picks, and after Winston, Ward and Langford will be relying on freshman to provide depth, and while they have a good freshman class, they aren't the type of players Jackson was.

As for the B1G/ACC challenge. I'd call it a success if the B1G could get 6 wins. I'm doubting that happens though.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I view it much differently. I don't see how Michigan State, Purdue and Michigan can be better than they were last year. Purdue loses 4 starters, Michigan loses Wagner, Robinson, and Abdur-Rahkman. But I think Belein is a top 5 coach in the country so it wouldn't surprise me if they were playing their best in febFebru and March. Michigan State lost 2 lottery picks, and after Winston, Ward and Langford will be relying on freshman to provide depth, and while they have a good freshman class, they aren't the type of players Jackson was.

As for the B1G/ACC challenge. I'd call it a success if the B1G could get 6 wins. I'm doubting that happens though.

The reason I think that the B10 will be really good this season is because several teams kept some nice players, and several teams had a great recruiting year last year. Teams like Duke, UK, UNC, Kansas, etc. often have to replace players that had 75% of the minutes that were played last year. Michigan, MSU, Maryland, etc. all had some nice returners and had some high end freshman coming in. I believe that is the key to consistent success now in the NCAA tournament.

Indiana returns a lot of nice players, and had a top 10 recruiting class
Illinois had a top 15 recruiting class (and I believe they return a few key guys too)
Maryland returns a few key guys and had a top 10 recruiting class
Michigan returns some good talent and had a top 10 recruiting class
Michigan State had a top 15 recruiting class

Now, Duke, UK, UNC, Kansas still have the lion's share of the top freshman talent, but they have such a short window to get them to play together. B10 teams often have several returning starters that enter the season with something to build upon.