• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Preseason Game Thread: 2016-17 Season

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
shit- i loved hearing about how Jordan McRae has carried over his great play from the summer league to excelling yesterday in the preseason game against ORlando---- him and Kay Felder.--- however I harbor no delusions that it means anything once the regular season starts.
Clearly McRae & KD are not on the same level...are you really this dumb or is this your way of practicing it?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't watch much of pre-season game 1. I ended up catching the last 3 or 4 minutes of the 1st half, and the starters sat the entire second half. This past game I watched up until the Warriors were up by 53 then I changed the channel.

I would think that you have known me to not cherry pick shit on the Warriors. When they play bad, I call it out. I just made an observation in game 2, which was promising. You for some reason treated it like I was hailing that Warriors have found greatness and we can all just go home. My observation was one small thing in the grand scheme of what the Warriors do. It had to do just simply with how Klay was being used and what his role was. I didn't say anything about any other player or even remotely about the Warriors in general.

Just like you can make an observation about how Felder looks good, I did the exact same thing with Klay. It doesn't mean Felder is going to win ROY or that Klay is going to be a 30 ppg scorer. It was just a small observation.

The difference between your perspective as a Cavs fan and mine as a Warriors fan is the dynamic of the upcoming season is completely different. While both teams are expected to be in the finals, the way they get there and the way each team finds its way through the season is on polar opposites of a spectrum. You're bringing back almost your entire rotation, with the addition of Dunleavy and trying to figure out a back up PG. Other than that the Cavs are set for the playoffs right now. If it started today, everyone would agree that they're most likely to be clicking on all cylinders.

The Warriors have had a ridiculous turnover with their roster. They have replaced 50% of their rotational roster. That's huge. It's going to take the Warriors much more time and effort to try and figure out how to incorporate players, to play to their strengths and to develop chemistry. If say the finals started today, the Cavs would be a significant favorite because of all I said above.

Making a casual observation about one preseason game is just that. A casual observation.
The preseason for the Warriors is much more important to them than it is say the Cavs. While it is only the preseason, it exists for the sole purpose of developing cohesion with all the new players.(2) The Cavs are already set with their roster, their system and their chemistry. It's why Wiggy isn't interested in anything until later because there's no question marks with them. It's only about what happens in the playoffs, which is still the case for both teams.

Last nights Warrior game was a perfect example of why I've been saying all off-season that Klay doesn't need to change his game at all with the addition of Durant.(1) He's still the same player and he's still gets the same opportunities, just at a lesser volume. He doesn't have to do anything different because of the threat of everyone on the court. He dropped 30 in 3 quarters on 14 shots. Why? Because he was pretty much open every damn time. Think about that. The arguably second best shooter in the NBA was wide open time after time because of the threats out on the court.

(3) All I said was that last nights game is why Klay won't need to change his role.

your quotes

(1) the fact that you believe one preseason game in any way shape or form supports that idea makes me want to blow lines of cyanide.

(2) Cavs certainly were not set with their chemistry last year- in fact- Love had shoulder surgery and barely played in the preseason, Thompson was a contract holdout, Mozgov was hurt and barely played, Kyrie and Shump were both hurt and didnt play- Blatt was trying to institute new systems---- there were so many question marks about them last year at that time it was INSANE- LOADS AND LOADS more than the Warriors- but it didnt matter one bit. As soon as the ball goes up game 1- the preseason means NOTHING except for if someone got hurt idiotically playing too many minutes.

(3) the fact you think a preseason game in October is evidence that Klay will not have to change his role makese me want to lose my freaking mind. You have NO CLUE how these guys will play when it really matters by watching a preseason game against a bunch of backups and while the other team is implementing new systems, etc. etc. etc. As a poster who is usually at least moderately intelligent i dont really think you believe this if you really thought about. I mean you cant. Its lunacy.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i mean- could u imagine if i come in here after the Warriors lost to the Raptors game 1 of the preseason and said- look Draymond only getting 2 shots and going 0/2, Klay going 5/13, Curry going 2/6, and Durant going 2/9, shows that they are going to struggle to distribute shots and run the offense like last year.

its such a dumb statement its insane. Game 1? meant nothing. Game 2? nothing. There is absolutely nothing you could gleam from either 2 games that gives you any freaking clue how the Warriors will react to sharing the ball in real situations against real teams that are actually trying to play defenses with any kind of intensity in the regular season or playoffs. ZIP. If you think there is ---- from seeing Klay Thompson play 20 minutes- then - in the words of the principle in Billy Madison- "I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul".

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's going on in here?
the thing is- i dont think there is any evidence the Warriors will struggle to distribute shots and find flow in the offense etc.

i just think to say that Game 2 of the preseason- ESPECIALLY after all those guys played like crap in game 1- gives you ANY CLUE how they will distribute shots. (not that game 1 is even 1 iota relevant either!)

Im not even disputing that the offense wont run fantastically- who knows- it very well may be amazing and they might get it right away and be fine- but to say that you see evidence oftha t after 20 minutes of PT in Preseason game #2 just makes my brain get put on fire.

i just think to cherry pick out 20 minutes of playing time out of 1 cherry picked preseason game to support the idea that guys will get their shots- is just so incredibly dumb it makes me want to lose my freaking mind.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The preseason for the Warriors is much more important to them than it is say the Cavs. While it is only the preseason, it exists for the sole purpose of developing cohesion with all the new players.(2) The Cavs are already set with their roster, their system and their chemistry. It's why Wiggy isn't interested in anything until later because there's no question marks with them. It's only about what happens in the playoffs, which is still the case for both teams.

Last nights Warrior game was a perfect example of why I've been saying all off-season that Klay doesn't need to change his game at all with the addition of Durant.(1) He's still the same player and he's still gets the same opportunities, just at a lesser volume. He doesn't have to do anything different because of the threat of everyone on the court. He dropped 30 in 3 quarters on 14 shots. Why? Because he was pretty much open every damn time. Think about that. The arguably second best shooter in the NBA was wide open time after time because of the threats out on the court.

(3) All I said was that last nights game is why Klay won't need to change his role.

your quotes

(1) the fact that you believe one preseason game in any way shape or form supports that idea makes me want to blow lines of cyanide.

(2) Cavs certainly were not set with their chemistry last year- in fact- Love had shoulder surgery and barely played in the preseason, Thompson was a contract holdout, Mozgov was hurt and barely played, Kyrie and Shump were both hurt and didnt play- Blatt was trying to institute new systems---- there were so many question marks about them last year at that time it was INSANE- LOADS AND LOADS more than the Warriors- but it didnt matter one bit. As soon as the ball goes up game 1- the preseason means NOTHING except for if someone got hurt idiotically playing too many minutes.

(3) the fact you think a preseason game in October is evidence that Klay will not have to change his role makese me want to lose my freaking mind. You have NO CLUE how these guys will play when it really matters by watching a preseason game against a bunch of backups and while the other team is implementing new systems, etc. etc. etc. As a poster who is usually at least moderately intelligent i dont really think you believe this if you really thought about. I mean you cant. Its lunacy.

Seriously, you're a moron. I've tried to stay away from personal insults, but you continually disregard anything I say and twist it to support your own deluded thoughts. Here, maybe if I put it in bold for you, you'll recognize it:

I NEVER SAID A PRESEASON GAME MEANT ANYTHING.

(1) At no point did I ever conclude one single pre-season game meant anything. If you look at the quote you even provided that I said it was "perfect example". That in itself should show you that it's not gospel truth but an EXAMPLE of what it could be.

(2) No shit pre-season games don't mean anything. I didn't say they did, but again you twist it to make it seem like I did. Again all I did was make a casual observation, as referenced numerous times. Also this has nothing to with this upcoming season. Like, at all. How does question marks about last years team have any relevance to this years team and how ready they are right now?

(3) Again, WTF why do you think you know what's inside my head, when I continually tell you the opposite. PERFECT EXAMPLE does not mean HEY THIS IS HOW IT IS PERMANENTLY.

Seriously there's got to be something wrong with you if you're trying to become a legal profession, yet can't comprehend reasonable observations. Lastly, anyone know where Wiggy can find some good cyanide?

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, you're a moron. I've tried to stay away from personal insults, but you continually disregard anything I say and twist it to support your own deluded thoughts.

Seriously there's got to be something wrong with you if you're trying to become a legal profession, yet can't comprehend reasonable observations. Lastly, anyone know where Wiggy can find some good cyanide?

:dingdingding:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, you're a moron. I've tried to stay away from personal insults, but you continually disregard anything I say and twist it to support your own deluded thoughts. Here, maybe if I put it in bold for you, you'll recognize it:

(1) At no point did I ever conclude one single pre-season game meant anything. If you look at the quote you even provided that I said it was "perfect example". That in itself should show you that it's not gospel truth but an EXAMPLE of what it could be.

(2) No shit pre-season games don't mean anything. I didn't say they did, but again you twist it to make it seem like I did. Again all I did was make a casual observation, as referenced numerous times. Also this has nothing to with this upcoming season. Like, at all. How does question marks about last years team have any relevance to this years team and how ready they are right now?

(3) Again, WTF why do you think you know what's inside my head, when I continually tell you the opposite. PERFECT EXAMPLE does not mean HEY THIS IS HOW IT IS PERMANENTLY.

Now realized this???

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"Last nights Warrior game was a perfect example of why I've been saying all off-season that Klay doesn't need to change his game at all with the addition of Durant"

i think someone miiiiiiightve slipped a little LSD in your coffee this morning since those 2 statements are 100% contradictory. PLEASE try and tell me they are not. LOL.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pre-season is always good for watching the newcomers.

Love what I saw out of Felder and McRae last night. I have never been as high on McRae as others have been... but between the summer league and last night's game... he is starting to look like a legit shooter.

I am really liking Liggins. Haven't seen a lot from him offensively but if he makes the roster then he will be a defensive stopper off the bench

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@WiggyRuss

This is the last I'll comment on this issue.

Numerous posters on this board have called you out for being an irrational and blind homer. I have not, because ultimately you're just a passionate fan of your team and I can respect that.

What I can't respect is that you're completely out of line here with you blatantly lying about my comments about a preseason game. I have made no assertions to any of what you claim I said. You've completely turned an innocuous comment about a small nuance that I noticed and run with it to support... well I really don't know what you're trying to support.

I have never made a claim that a preseason game meant anything. I said it was a perfect example of an OPINION I had about the Warriors and their roles. I didn't say I was completely validated. I didn't say that this is the gold standard going forward. I said that this is a perfect example of why I believe Klay won't have to change his role.

I have no idea why you're picking an internet fight here, but the way you have framed what I say to make it seem like I'm some incompetent homer is again out of line.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Last nights Warrior game was a perfect example of why I've been saying all off-season that Klay doesn't need to change his game at all with the addition of Durant"

can you at least explain to us how these two statements don't directly contradict each other?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"I NEVER SAID A PRESEASON GAME MEANT ANYTHING."

can you at least explain to us how these two statements don't directly contradict each other?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i mean- could u imagine if i come in here after the Warriors lost to the Raptors game 1 of the preseason and said- look Draymond only getting 2 shots and going 0/2, Klay going 5/13, Curry going 2/6, and Durant going 2/9, shows that they are going to struggle to distribute shots and run the offense like last year.

its such a dumb statement its insane. Game 1? meant nothing. Game 2? nothing. There is absolutely nothing you could gleam from either 2 games that gives you any freaking clue how the Warriors will react to sharing the ball in real situations against real teams that are actually trying to play defenses with any kind of intensity in the regular season or playoffs. ZIP. If you think there is ---- from seeing Klay Thompson play 20 minutes- then - in the words of the principle in Billy Madison- "I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul".

First- if you made those comments (first bolded paragraph) then obviously you would seem very dumb since we all know that is not their norm- and the fact that those that watch basketball aren't looking to see how those specific guys play individually.

Second, I'm pretty sure pre-season games were designed to do exactly that (second bolded paragraph). My god. Sharing the ball has less to do with the defense than it does with the individual players that are SHARING the ball and learning a system (in the case with the Warriors- the new guys signed in the off season)

Are you that much of a hater that you have to just say something-anything- even if it makes zero sense and is stupid??

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Because an example is an isolated incident. It's one piece of a larger whole. It doesn't show sustainability or even frequency. It's why the preseason game means nothing. Because it doesn't have a pattern or repeat ability.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:dhd:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because an example is an isolated incident. It's one piece of a larger whole. It doesn't show sustainability or even frequency. It's why the preseason game means nothing. Because it doesn't have a pattern or repeat ability.
what you just wrote means absolutely nothing and 100% dodges the total 100% complete contradictory statements.

Which one is it?

do you agree with me the preseason means nothing like your later statements?

or like your earlier statements- do you believe that 20 minutes during game 2 of the preseason is evidence that Klay will be just fine in getting his distribution of shots?

this is a one or the other- its not- lets ride the fence and try and cover my ass after directly contradicting myself.

if you think 20 minutes during game 2 of the preseason is evidence is of something- at least have the balls to stick by your opinion.......you are certainly welcome to your opinion- in this case i just think its lunacy - as i hope anyone with a fully functional human brain would agree. The fact that you are getting your panties in such a bunch over me calling you for it- leads me to believe you totally understand the stupidity of your initial remark. I applaud you for coming to the inevitable conclusion that you cannot prove anything in 20 minutes of preseason game #2- if that is indeed the case.

i think you could make plenty of sane and well reasoned arguments that Klay and the Warriors will have no problem distributing the ball and i am sure many i would agree with you on- however--- citing 20 minutes of preseason game #2 is probably like 16 billion spots down that list in my opinion, lol.

Last edited: