• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Preseason Game #3

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So start time is 10:00pm (Eastern) but on NFL Network at 11:00pm? I hope not joined in progress.

Hopefully some of our "injured" guys play. Still haven't seen either of the young DL, Elliott, T Smith, etc

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should be fun. Can't think of a better place to play the #3 dress game than Seattle.

only concern...will the defense be tested? Seattle's O sure looks suspect. We might need to disregard our sacks on their horrible oline play thus far

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So start time is 10:00pm (Eastern) but on NFL Network at 11:00pm? I hope not joined in progress.

Hopefully some of our "injured" guys play. Still haven't seen either of the young DL, Elliott, T Smith, etc

I saw the same thing. I'm guessing it will be joined in progress since it's only a 2 hour time slot. That sux. I have a feeling we aren't going to see Smith until the opener. As far as sacks, I just want to see consistent pressure. As bad as we kicked the Dolphins ass, Tannyhill got real cozy back there at times. They did turn it over on downs a couple of times in the red zone. I want to see more of Frazier- the Safety. Hopefully the young CB plays as well- Brown

Last edited:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should be fun. Can't think of a better place to play the #3 dress game than Seattle.

only concern...will the defense be tested? Seattle's O sure looks suspect. We might need to disregard our sacks on their horrible oline play thus far
I haven't seen them play, but if they are playing that poorly, maybe a little confidence boost and "taste for blood" will get some of these young guys going. I've been disappointed with Russell so far. He has been on the field for a lot of snaps and hasn't done much.

Read a good quote from Thornton where he totally owned his poor play from last week. I know you can say he admitted to not being ready to play that day and look at it as a negative, but I liked that he owned it and got the feeling he was going to use it to drive him to play better.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well add Dez to the injury list. Got a concussion in practice today.:gaah:

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't seen them play, but if they are playing that poorly, maybe a little confidence boost and "taste for blood" will get some of these young guys going. I've been disappointed with Russell so far. He has been on the field for a lot of snaps and hasn't done much.

Read a good quote from Thornton where he totally owned his poor play from last week. I know you can say he admitted to not being ready to play that day and look at it as a negative, but I liked that he owned it and got the feeling he was going to use it to drive him to play better.
whole lot to like about Thornton....I just saw last week Russell was sacked 4 times in limited play. Looks like a favorable match up even with seattle supposedly an NFC big dog

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Was wondering about this too, hopefully if we see this so does the team.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw the same thing. I'm guessing it will be joined in progress since it's only a 2 hour time slot. That sux. I have a feeling we aren't going to see Smith until the opener. As far as sacks, I just want to see consistent pressure. As bad as we kicked the Dolphins ass, Tannyhill got real cozy back there at times. They did turn it over on downs a couple of times in the red zone. I want to see more of Frazier- the Safety. Hopefully the young CB plays as well- Brown
Just saw it is on again from 4:00am - 7:00am. So set your DVRs just in case

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Dak struggles a little in this game. But, that's not necessarily a bad thing. Keep him grounded and see how he deals with a little adversity.

Do we see Elliott tonight?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess this answers my question on Elliott playing. I'm pumped to see him play.
Maybe it's just me, but I'm starting Morris in this game and I know EE will overtake him at some point, but as of today (before tonight's performance of course) I have Morris penciled in as the week 1 starter too. Make Elliott win the job on the field, not with his draft spot. He's got plenty of time to get his name announced as the starter...

After A Long Wait, Ezekiel Elliott Set To Make Cowboys Debut Thursday Night
Tuesday, August 23, 2016 3:08 PM CDT
FRISCO, Texas – Given the amount of conversation about him, it feels likeEzekiel Elliott has been a member of the Dallas Cowboys for several years.

Yet despite all the talk and all the hype, Elliott remains a rookie who has yet to play a snap. And if that’s an odd feeling for fans and media, imagine how frustrating the past three weeks have been for the man himself.

“You just have to look at the bigger picture,” Elliott said Tuesday. “You don’t want to do anything bad to a soft-tissue injury. Just waiting it out and waiting for my chance.”

Elliott’s chance has finally arrived, by all accounts. After a three-week layoff with a sore hamstring, the Cowboys are going to throw him into the fray for the third preseason game – a road trip against one of the most vaunted defenses in the NFL.

It might sound like a big stage for a debut, especially since the rookie has only been able to practice within the last week. But Elliott felt plenty confident Tuesday that he’ll be ready to do what’s asked of him.

“I think I’ve done a good job getting my mental reps while I was out,” he said. I’m finally getting back and getting into the groove. I think I’m ready.”

Ready for what, exactly? That’s a great question, considering the circumstances at hand.

The third preseason game is often referred to as the “dress rehearsal,” when veterans and starters get their biggest workload of the preseason before winding down ahead of the regular season.

But Elliott isn’t a veteran, and he has also never appeared in an NFL game. With that in mind, Cowboys coach Jason Garrett gave a solid synopsis of what his plans are for Elliott when the ball is kicked at CenturyLink Field.

“What we try to do with the players who are playing in their first game is we have eight, 10, 12 plays – sometimes we go 15-to-20 plays with guys. So we’ll have a plan for him, we’ll talk about that over the next couple days,” Garrett said.

“Typically with running backs we want to make sure they get a couple touches, throw them a couple passes, let them do different things – the things they’re going to do in games. So again we’ll have those specific discussions in the next couple days, and we’ll come up with a good plan for him.”

The specifics of the plan may change, but the overall tone sounds pretty clear. Elliott should expect to get some early work in against the Seahawks, but it doesn’t sound like he’ll play until halftime.

However it works out, it’ll be far more than what Zeke has shown in recent weeks – which is to say it’s better than nothing. One way or another, after the long and winding road from the draft, it sounds like “Zeke” will finally tote the rock in a Cowboys uniform.

"It's just exciting to finally be out there," he said. "Just ready. There's a lot of pressure in the situation I'm in. But I don't try to make too much of it. No one can expect more out of me than myself. I'm going to go out there and do what I do and play football and everything will work out."

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-I think we see Elliott - I haven't been this hyped to see a Cowboy rookie since Dez came into the NFL.
-Also think T.Smith plays as long as Romo is in the game.
-Interested to see how Dak does against a very good D. I think he will get some playing time in the first half with the 1st teams. No idea how he will do.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Collins starting with Crawford out. Interesting because of how few practice snaps he has gotten and the fact that he is a rookie. I'd start McClain and Thornton and let him play behind them. But I like it because I want to see him play

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I wil record the 4:00 A.M.showing. that is the whole game.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
01rIW.gif

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brad Sham scared the shit out of me.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My favorite part of that drive is how Romo gets hurt and Dak just comes in and completes a 3rd down conversion. I know the drive stalled but shit like that stands out to me. Nothing fazes Dak whatsoever.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm listening to it somI didn't see it.