• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Preseason Game #3

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think he needs a couple of series vs Texans

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the back ups, or are you saying play the starters against their back ups? Either way it's a bad idea. Your either risking Romo, your playing the starters in a glorified practice session. He can get nearly the same experience in a controlled practice, and not against a guy willing to plant Romo to make an impression.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,306.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go to NFL board and see Romo comments!!!
Although I did laugh at the getting hurt at the coin toss meme
Yes, you do have me on that one, but my angle was a little different. You have to admit that Tony getting hurt by the 3rd play is of a slightly different context. Tony has a rep as being injury prone. I was lambasted in Dallas' trash talk thread on this very fact a few years ago. i sorta decided not to go there again. I riled some Cowboy fans just a little too much on this issue.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the back ups, or are you saying play the starters against their back ups? Either way it's a bad idea. Your either risking Romo, your playing the starters in a glorified practice session. He can get nearly the same experience in a controlled practice, and not against a guy willing to plant Romo to make an impression.

I just remember 2014 - SF- season opener. They babied him in preseason and he went out and was awful week 1. He hasn't played much football the Last 18 months. Now SF was an awesome defense then, so I'm sure they had something to do with it.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just remember 2014 - SF- season opener. They babied him in preseason and he went out and was awful week 1. He hasn't played much football the Last 18 months. Now SF was an awesome defense then, so I'm sure they had something to do with it.
Understand, but that OL vs. the Texans backups and below won't be a good measuring stick, and I'd bet money a fringe guy would give it a little extra to beat that line to make an impression.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the scrubs got in I thought the officiating was terrible. I know refs cant see everything and they occasionally get things wrong but I saw some real doozies that made Dallas look worse than they really were. Third down play and the receiver was clearly interfered with before ball got there. I took a freeze framed it and you could see the ball about 3 feet away from the receiver and the d back on him with right hand pulling his arm. Live I could see it but slow it was quit obvious. Next series for seattle qb bounces around forever and oh my god the holding on offense. Why did Boykin have so much time? That would be called holding even at HS level.

I really don't want to take anything away from Boykin but that one was a cheaper TD than it should have been.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way. Not even a chance. If you play Romo you have to play everyone. You don't think these defenders that will be on the field with their last chance to make the team next week are going to do whatever it takes to get to the QB and get him down hard?

I don't think Romo is the type of guy that needs a ton of snaps to get ready at this point and I don't think that is why he played so poorly against SF two years ago. You cannot risk getting Romo hurt. Honestly if it were my call he'd never play another preseason snap again. Am I intrigued by the thought of Dak playing some regular season games? Of course I am and it's a darn good silver lining if something happens, but I am more interested in how good this team can be with Romo playing 16 games. Flawed, injury prone, sometimes reckless and doesn't think,,,,but still an elite top 5 in the entire league QB when standing upright that could win the division and maybe more for us.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way. Not even a chance. If you play Romo you have to play everyone. You don't think these defenders that will be on the field with their last chance to make the team next week are going to do whatever it takes to get to the QB and get him down hard?

I don't think Romo is the type of guy that needs a ton of snaps to get ready at this point and I don't think that is why he played so poorly against SF two years ago. You cannot risk getting Romo hurt. Honestly if it were my call he'd never play another preseason snap again. Am I intrigued by the thought of Dak playing some regular season games? Of course I am and it's a darn good silver lining if something happens, but I am more interested in how good this team can be with Romo playing 16 games. Flawed, injury prone, sometimes reckless and doesn't think,,,,but still an elite top 5 in the entire league QB when standing upright that could win the division and maybe more for us.

I get that , but any QB 36 yrs old is injury prone. Flawed??? That's every QB in some ways. Just hope he is ready for the opener. I'm not as intrigued to see Dak in regular season as some.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't believe there hasn't been much gab about the defense since the other night. Who impressed? Who didn't? Wilson close to perfect? How soft some of them looked?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only through the first quarter, but Durant SUCKED. Easily blocked, falling down, whiffed on tackles

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, when are our defensive coaches going to get that we suck in zone coverage:noidea:

I'm not saying never play it, but sheesh. Don't they rewatch the games???

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only through the first quarter, but Durant SUCKED. Easily blocked, falling down, whiffed on tackles
It is a broken record, no pressure on QB. I am starting to question our coaches as well.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No sense to play romo or dak in the last pre-season game. Why risk injury. We likely need both of them this season.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WELL FUCK! I know Dak has looked pretty good but this is exactly why you sign Foles or another backup. Really a bad move not to get someone before camp.

Tony Romo MRI reveals broken bone in back, could be out 6-10 weeks

The Cowboys will once again be without their starting quarterback for an extended period of time

The season hasn't even started yet and the Dallas Cowboys have already seen their starting quarterback get injured yet again. Jason Garrett announced on Saturday that Tony Romo had an MRI taken of his back after sustaining an injury on the third play of Dallas' third preseason game on Thursday night, and the MRI revealed a broken bone in Romo's back.

According to CBS Sports NFL Insider Jason La Canfora, Romo is expected to miss 6-10 weeks. Coach Jason Garrett, however, did not rule Romo out for the Cowboys' Week 1 game against the New York Giants.

Backup QB Dak Prescott will presumably take the snaps for however long Romo is out.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WELL FUCK! I know Dak has looked pretty good but this is exactly why you sign Foles or another backup. Really a bad move not to get someone before camp.

Tony Romo MRI reveals broken bone in back, could be out 6-10 weeks
The Cowboys will once again be without their starting quarterback for an extended period of time

The season hasn't even started yet and the Dallas Cowboys have already seen their starting quarterback get injured yet again. Jason Garrett announced on Saturday that Tony Romo had an MRI taken of his back after sustaining an injury on the third play of Dallas' third preseason game on Thursday night, and the MRI revealed a broken bone in Romo's back.

According to CBS Sports NFL Insider Jason La Canfora, Romo is expected to miss 6-10 weeks. Coach Jason Garrett, however, did not rule Romo out for the Cowboys' Week 1 game against the New York Giants.

Backup QB Dak Prescott will presumably take the snaps for however long Romo is out.

Dak is NFL ready.