• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Preseason Game 3 thread

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well....

We left Elko this morning. Rita wanted to do some exploring in SLC. So I said"awesome, LP and I can booze it up and watch the Lions game."

SLC looked real cool from the highway.

I didn't get to go thru Iowa on the way out to see Gandy either. Or get to stay in Seatle to drink with Harold.

I'm thinking Yellowstone is a good road trip for Salt Lake to not be that out of the way for.

And Amarillo is just down the road a piece.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Amarillo is just down the road a piece.
Everything out west is just down the road it seems.

(Scott Mitchell is a reporter for the local news here. I threw my hat at the TV, he ducked and threw away his mic.)

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zach Zenner is seriously my new favorite player.

I think I called it before the draft. But it might have been OL.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
some takeaways from last nights game

Stafford moving up, out and to the side of the pocket, all while throwing downfield, completing 2/3 of those was impressive.

:think: I guess that 9 year development plan (by end pf 2017 season) might be moving along sooner than I had anticipated or expected.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RT Lucas looked so much better and more comfortable last night than any other start that he's had, imo. He still has a little difficulty with coming off the snap too upright, base a little too wide at times, however, his kickslide is much better this year than last. Those long ol arms, legs, torso sure seem to save him from losing ground at times. I hope he can improve alot more as the season goes on. he'll need to while facing the likes of Barr, Matthews, Houston, Miller en sech.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OG Tomlinson was beat on two occasions but did recover nicely on next play(s) afterwards. I saw him miss an assignment on a run wide left only to gather himself as he was pulling wide to his left and lay out a LB'er on a run by Zenner.

Boggs got blownup twice, once each in the A and B gap but looked pretty decent otherwise.

Ramirez and Swanson I honestly didn't see anything major outside of a couple times alllowing some bull-rush to penetrate deeper than what they should have.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mathis on the TD he gave up looked confused on the play as if he was anticipating a fade cover to the left corner. He was clearly beaten once the WR made his cut/burst to the inside. badly beaten too.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All too often last night, I saw WR's with an easy 5+ yards of freedom past the coverage, whether it was a LB'er, outside CB, Nickleback, or a Safety. Slay easily played the best of any, imo.

watch out for the new kid from Georgia Tech, SS Isaiah Johnson. He needs to go to the PS but I liked the kid while in college.

32 completions last night for 345 yards is not a good thing at all especially when you have a 1 year vet in Bortles, Henne and rookie Morris doing all this damage to that secondary. Don't get me wrong as I like Bortles a lot but the entire defense played a pretty lackluster game as if they thought they could just show up. Games like that in the regular season will kill you.

I do realize that we were without our entire starting defensive line, Ansah, Ngata, Reid and Jones, not to mention Levy as the WLB.

I'm well aware of Wooten's two sacks as much as Wrothy's one sack ad Travis Lewis' 8 solo tackles but Lewis and Tulloch both were absolutely lost while in coverage.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zenner was lights out last night but I won't crown him anything until I see him against those first 8 teams of the schedule. Many tomes in pre-season games you don't get a lot of reps against the ones. However, as I have stated previously a page back, Zenner shows me so much more than Bell, while considering the talent he's played against, that I'd love to see him and AA share starters duties in game one and beyond.

I wouldn't cut Bell at all but I'd let him get healthy and play some (unless he fucks it all up with his fumbles or lack of vision) and if I felt comfortable with AA, ZZ, Riddick and somehow had Winn (roster or PS), I'd try to trade Bell to some desperate team for a late 6th or 7th round pick near the trade deadline). Winn is amost as capable of what Bell offers, imo only. Besides, Winn has his traits of ST going for him.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
some takeaways from last nights game

Stafford moving up, out and to the side of the pocket, all while throwing downfield, completing 2/3 of those was impressive.

:think: I guess that 9 year development plan (by end pf 2017 season) might be moving along sooner than I had anticipated or expected.

Probably because he has been putting in WORK. With that and the proper coaches around, QBs can excel. Especially ones like Staff.