• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Preseason Game 3 thread

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All too often last night, I saw WR's with an easy 5+ yards of freedom past the coverage, whether it was a LB'er, outside CB, Nickleback, or a Safety. Slay easily played the best of any, imo.

watch out for the new kid from Georgia Tech, SS Isaiah Johnson. He needs to go to the PS but I liked the kid while in college.

32 completions last night for 345 yards is not a good thing at all especially when you have a 1 year vet in Bortles, Henne and rookie Morris doing all this damage to that secondary. Don't get me wrong as I like Bortles a lot but the entire defense played a pretty lackluster game as if they thought they could just show up. Games like that in the regular season will kill you.

I do realize that we were without our entire starting defensive line, Ansah, Ngata, Reid and Jones, not to mention Levy as the WLB.

I'm well aware of Wooten's two sacks as much as Wrothy's one sack ad Travis Lewis' 8 solo tackles but Lewis and Tulloch both were absolutely lost while in coverage.

The Lions aren't showing a lot of what they are going to do when the season starts and I'm glad. The defense did look bad but most of the starting dline wasnt in the game and Levy was out.

The team has some special things lined up for CJ, Ebron and a few others. Just watch.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zach Zenner is seriously my new favorite player.

I think I called it before the draft. But it might have been OL.

That was you actually. After seeing him though, I called shotgun and jumped on your bandwagon first.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OG Tomlinson was beat on two occasions but did recover nicely on next play(s) afterwards. I saw him miss an assignment on a run wide left only to gather himself as he was pulling wide to his left and lay out a LB'er on a run by Zenner.

Boggs got blownup twice, once each in the A and B gap but looked pretty decent otherwise.

Ramirez and Swanson I honestly didn't see anything major outside of a couple times alllowing some bull-rush to penetrate deeper than what they should have.

Admit it Blue. You miss Raiola and Sims, LOL

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mathis on the TD he gave up looked confused on the play as if he was anticipating a fade cover to the left corner. He was clearly beaten once the WR made his cut/burst to the inside. badly beaten too.

Actually he was expecting help from Quinn. I hate to admit it but my boy Glover got beat badly as he bit on a terrible play fake and was not able to get back into position.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably because he has been putting in WORK. With that and the proper coaches around, QBs can excel. Especially ones like Staff.

Shwartz and company did nothing to develop any players (except their egos maybe) in the years they were here. I think the few that did basically figured it out on their own.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lions aren't showing a lot of what they are going to do when the season starts and I'm glad. The defense did look bad but most of the starting dline wasnt in the game and Levy was out.

The team has some special things lined up for CJ, Ebron and a few others. Just watch.

The Jags aren't showing a lot of what they are going to do when the season starts either, and they still torched the Lions starting secondary.

Most of the Lions D line is in Miami and St.Louis now. Last night proved Austin is not some miracle worker who can just plug anyone into his system and succeed.

Last night unfortunately showed that this year will all depend on the offense to bail out the defense. Stafford, Tate and Calvin all have to have HUGE years if this team hopes to compete. There's just nothing there at TE for the Lions.The Jags TE looked great out there. Did Ebron even play?

Tulloch and Mathis are done. Piss poor planning has left us with gaping holes at MLB and CB2.

Lions are going to surrender a lot of points this year. The O is gonna have to be elite again to overcompensate for the D.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually he was expecting help from Quinn. I hate to admit it but my boy Glover got beat badly as he bit on a terrible play fake and was not able to get back into position.

It's all part of God's plan.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shwartz and company did nothing to develop any players (except their egos maybe) in the years they were here. I think the few that did basically figured it out on their own.

Probably because he has been putting in WORK. With that and the proper coaches around, QBs can excel. Especially ones like Staff.

Agree 100% with both of you. You have actually seen a change in the way Stafford talks and carries himself now also. He shows leadership IMO. Schwartz's mentality rubbed off on him. IMO as I said before, that was why Stafford said he was fine and needed no work that off season before Caldwell showed up. His arrogance is gone and realized he had flaws.

Watching him so far this year, he may finally use all the tools God gifted him with regularly.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually he was expecting help from Quinn

That's exactly what the announcer said. What I saw was Quin moving up towards the line immediately while Mathis appeared, my eyes only, to fade slightly back towards the corner somewhat. I'm not buying the Quin excuse. period.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I just like to throw in a little something every now and then and by NO means was my statement a true, actual, honest, dig.

I like Stafford and am glad that he finally has some coaches that help to elevate his game.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lions aren't showing a lot of what they are going to do when the season starts and I'm glad.

You honestly believe that I'm so slow, stupid, dumb, ignorant, after having been around for decades, that I have no clue about the coaches use of a very vanilla offense/defense schemes in pre-season games.

I guess I should have stated the above before making any other statements.

You see, I gave everyone the benefit of doubt automatically in here, that the pre-season games are exactly that.

not being an ass, but my thong/panties just got in a bunch while reading this one particular line.

yeah, I guess I am perceived as the dumbest one.

I do admit to mis-interpreting many times what has been stated though.

:suds:

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jags aren't showing a lot of what they are going to do when the season starts either, and they still torched the Lions starting secondary.

Most of the Lions D line is in Miami and St.Louis now. Last night proved Austin is not some miracle worker who can just plug anyone into his system and succeed.

Last night unfortunately showed that this year will all depend on the offense to bail out the defense. Stafford, Tate and Calvin all have to have HUGE years if this team hopes to compete. There's just nothing there at TE for the Lions.The Jags TE looked great out there. Did Ebron even play?

Tulloch and Mathis are done. Piss poor planning has left us with gaping holes at MLB and CB2.

Lions are going to surrender a lot of points this year. The O is gonna have to be elite again to overcompensate for the D.

please do elaborate some more. i just don't understand what ur sayin'.

it was a pre-season game where the entire defensive front four starters where awol.

i'll agree that Mathis and Tully got burned and badly, last night, but don't assume that it will become the norm for every single game throughout the regular season.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome back. Need to see more of you.

:think:...... uuummmmm.. Hell to the NO

1. I ain't down like that. not part of the LBGT club
2. nothing you need to see here
3. If you were Penelope Cruz or Eva Mendes or Selma Hayek or a nekked McKayla Maroney you'd have a shot

:suds:

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zenner was lights out last night but I won't crown him anything until I see him against those first 8 teams of the schedule. Many tomes in pre-season games you don't get a lot of reps against the ones. However, as I have stated previously a page back, Zenner shows me so much more than Bell, while considering the talent he's played against, that I'd love to see him and AA share starters duties in game one and beyond.

I wouldn't cut Bell at all but I'd let him get healthy and play some (unless he fucks it all up with his fumbles or lack of vision) and if I felt comfortable with AA, ZZ, Riddick and somehow had Winn (roster or PS), I'd try to trade Bell to some desperate team for a late 6th or 7th round pick near the trade deadline). Winn is amost as capable of what Bell offers, imo only. Besides, Winn has his traits of ST going for him.
I'd peddle Bell for a 5th or 6th rounder if the offer was there. I like the dude, but we're deep enough at the position that the future draft pick is probably more valuable to the franchise...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:pound::pound::pound:

"Warford is a bust because he's not starting in the 1st preseason game of his career."

"Lions will be 5-11 this year." (we were 11-5, haha)

And now this nonsense. You're the biggest chicken shit fan out there, imo. You fly off the handle and declare the end of the world over every negative thing that ever happens with the Lions. Why you guys love to hate the Lions so much is beyond me? I think you're all very confused as to how to enjoy one's favorite sports team...

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.You're the biggest chicken shit fan out there, imo

I honestly enjoyed the day and a half or so that you posted like a normal human being.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd peddle Bell for a 5th or 6th rounder if the offer was there. I like the dude, but we're deep enough at the position that the future draft pick is probably more valuable to the franchise...
Other than four words, I agree with you.

Feels real fuckin weird.

(It's nice to see the fan base slowly come to its senses.)

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not sure why you are this way but oh well. Ebron didnt play and Im sure it was planned that way. Im sure you will be eating crow once the season starts.