• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Preseason Game #3 Pats vs Lions 8/25/2017

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is "the Pro's"
My point is he showed what he had in college, and was quite successful. He was rated top slot receiver in college - last year and on arriving to "the Pro's" he has been performing at a very high level - just as he was billed to do.
Now that he has caught everything thrown at him, and in game conditions, he is the logical slot receiver and was likely to make the team even if Julian was not out.

Just so we are straight you think we are better off placing an UDRFA in the starting line up, with no Pro Exp, No Exp in the Pats system arguably the most complex system in the league with the most demanding QB in the league vs a guy that has Pro exp is adept at the Pats system has worked with TB12? And you surmise this based on a college scouting report?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just so we are straight you think we are better off placing an UDRFA in the starting line up, with no Pro Exp, No Exp in the Pats system arguably the most complex system in the league with the most demanding QB in the league vs a guy that has Pro exp is adept at the Pats system has worked with TB12? And you surmise this based on a college scouting report?

Who is that "guy?"

I think he makes the team based on the fact he catches passes.......

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys, Guys....Calm down......we're all Patriots fans in here.

If Austin Carr wasn't on the 53 Man Roster, He certainly would have been on the practice squad. JE and DA are both in their 30s and Carr looks like a replacement for one of them.

He's got 2 weeks of practice and a game against the Giants to get it together and line up for JE and/or DA. I think he's smart enough to know this is a once in a pro lifetime chance to step in and be an NFL starter.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is that "guy?"

I think he makes the team based on the fact he catches passes.......
I agree. Yeah, yeah, it's only the preseason, but he did make some tough catches in the first two games ... I was watching and thinking damn that guy looks and acts like Julian :D

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a newbie looking to make his bones. Thing is, don't need to do it here. Some of the old boards were pretty demanding of anyone new, wanted to make sure that they weren't dealing with a 11 or 12 years old.

When it starts to get a bit rough, I'm learning to walk away.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carr will be the replacement for JE. If only for a certain # of plays until he can build the chemistry with TB and learn the entire play book. He just catches everything.

I think BB and Josh also run Cooks, Hogan and Dola out of the slot just throwing another look at defenses. Not sure I want Mitchell or Lucien running those routes.

NE will be fine as soon as BB goes and finds a DE/DT off the heap pile after the cuts start. Another S wouldn't hurt.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@YankeeRebel has been argumentative since he got here. Works for me. Agreement is not necessary.....
I am not argumentative at all, but if I don't agree I will express that. Please know the difference and don't assign me emotions simply because you can't tell the difference.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a newbie looking to make his bones. Thing is, don't need to do it here. Some of the old boards were pretty demanding of anyone new, wanted to make sure that they weren't dealing with a 11 or 12 years old.

When it starts to get a bit rough, I'm learning to walk away.
This is not true it has nothing to do with how new a post I am. If you or anyone reads what I posted I simply pointed out I feel at this time Cooks or Amendola may be better slot options based on years exp in the NFL or with TB12, I made it clear that I suspect Carr may get a lot of reps in the next two weeks. I am not trying to establish myself or be argumentative but if I don't agree I am going to make that clear, I think that is fair. If Southie or anyone else see's it any other way please just ignore me. But at least keep an open mind we are not here to coddle one another's opinion or emotions

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is not true it has nothing to do with how new a post I am. If you or anyone reads what I posted I simply pointed out I feel at this time Cooks or Amendola may be better slot options based on years exp in the NFL or with TB12, I made it clear that I suspect Carr may get a lot of reps in the next two weeks. I am not trying to establish myself or be argumentative but if I don't agree I am going to make that clear, I think that is fair. If Southie or anyone else see's it any other way please just ignore me. But at least keep an open mind we are not here to coddle one another's opinion or emotions

This is exactly what the other guys are calling you out for. I respect your knowledge and like your posts, but you have a habit of being condescending if someone doesn't agree with you and you have a way of coming back that has a very nasty edge. It's almost as if you're looking for an argument.

Your comment about "Coddling another persons point of view", is immature and unnecessary. If you want people to ignore you, then just don't participate. Why post your point of view if you want people to not read it??? That doesn't make sense.

As I said before......"calm down". We're Patriots fans and we won't always agree with each other, but having several guys arguing over something they have no control is silly.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back to the Slot WR.

As of this morning, it appears that Malcolm Mitchell may take JE's place. Brady built up a trust with MM and was throwing him critical passes in the Super Bowl and MM was catching and delivering. With Hogan and Cooks outside, Austin and Amendola will be the middle guys. Grank will be either blocking or ripping the seam.

Just a quick note. Notice that when Gronk lines up on the right side of the offense he's blocking the DE about 50% of the time to allow the OT to pick up the DT and the OG to pull for a block for the RB or to turn up and take out a LB for a short pass across the middle. When he lines up on the left, 90% of the time he chips the DE for the LT and goes straight up the seam.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back to the Slot WR.

As of this morning, it appears that Malcolm Mitchell may take JE's place. Brady built up a trust with MM and was throwing him critical passes in the Super Bowl and MM was catching and delivering. With Hogan and Cooks outside, Austin and Amendola will be the middle guys. Grank will be either blocking or ripping the seam.

Just a quick note. Notice that when Gronk lines up on the right side of the offense he's blocking the DE about 50% of the time to allow the OT to pick up the DT and the OG to pull for a block for the RB or to turn up and take out a LB for a short pass across the middle. When he lines up on the left, 90% of the time he chips the DE for the LT and goes straight up the seam.
The season can't start soon enough.
Let's unveil #5 and start on the journey for #6.
So many offensive options it should be fun to watch.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is exactly what the other guys are calling you out for. I respect your knowledge and like your posts, but you have a habit of being condescending if someone doesn't agree with you and you have a way of coming back that has a very nasty edge. It's almost as if you're looking for an argument.

Your comment about "Coddling another persons point of view", is immature and unnecessary. If you want people to ignore you, then just don't participate. Why post your point of view if you want people to not read it??? That doesn't make sense.

As I said before......"calm down". We're Patriots fans and we won't always agree with each other, but having several guys arguing over something they have no control is silly.
That's a crock. If I don't agree and express a different point of view I am argumentative so the only other option is for me to blindly agree so the other poster does not get a knot in his diaper that is coddling. Jesus man if he is that sensitive he may want to seek counseling. I can't fathom what I said that was so egregious. I'll just not respond to him if he is going to act like a whiner.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back to the Slot WR.

I hope MM is tough enough, to me he seems tall and lanky for the way the Pats play position. I agree that with a lot of work Carr may be the answer I just think it's gonna take a while. Didn't or hasn't Danny played some slot is there no trust there?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope MM is tough enough, to me he seems tall and lanky for the way the Pats play position. I agree that with a lot of work Carr may be the answer I just think it's gonna take a while. Didn't or hasn't Danny played some slot is there no trust there?
Danny has played slot but heclikewise is fragile. I see him and Carr sharing time. Maybe some Mitchell but like you I don't think he has the make up to be NEs fulltime slot guy.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Danny has played slot but heclikewise is fragile. I see him and Carr sharing time. Maybe some Mitchell but like you I don't think he has the make up to be NEs fulltime slot guy.
We have two weeks until game one I agree with Carr being the future just not sure now is the time. BB does believe in baptism by fire so it may end up being that way, as I eluded to earlier he would get a crap load of reps in practice the next two weeks and some game time reps week 4 with TB12, they have to know or learn more.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have two weeks until game one I agree with Carr being the future just not sure now is the time. BB does believe in baptism by fire so it may end up being that way, as I eluded to earlier he would get a crap load of reps in practice the next two weeks and some game time reps week 4 with TB12, they have to know or learn more.
He'll certainly get his reps over the next few weeks. Not sure TB plays that much in game 4? 1 QTR max. More likely just a couple series? However, those series could feature a lot of TB12 to Carr?
In BB we trust.