• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Predictions for 2017-2018 NBA Season

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all he's got. His approach is extremely flawed as well. With all the tanking the Cavs have done, they still likely would be a fringe playoff team (having a team focused around Irving and Wiggins (wouldn't have been traded to Minnesota)) if Lebron had not come back to Cleveland.

I'm okay with the approach the Heat are taking. Will we win a title within the next couple of years? Most likely not.

Shit happens year-to-year though. What we do know, is that Lebron's likely on his way out and Kyrie wants out of Cleveland as well. When's the next generation-type player that's coming out of Ohio to come save that sorry ass franchise? That's the common denominator here.
the Cavs will have one before the Heat will thats for sure. lol

The Heat won because they had DWade--- a big time star that attracted other stars. They have NO route to get another guy like that anytime soon.

The heat have no way to get one--- they are locked into a mediocre team with zero cap room, the worst colleciton of draft assets in the entire league- and a collection of mediocre role players on long term deals.

typically you want to bring in guys like Onlyk, Waiters, Johnson, Johnson, etc. AFTER you have your stars. So maybe you can actually win something- instead of being in the bottom half of the East playoff race and AT THE VERY MOST substantial underdogs to even win a playoff series.

Let me bottom out and get a Fox or Fultz anyday of the week instead of paying mediocre players in order to have a mediocre team that has no chance at winning anthing substantial.

I can tell you how the HEat will be this season--- either a little under or a little over 500--- lose in the first round...in the offseason they will have no cap room to bring in a star- and no kind of substantial draft pick to bring in a potential star.

like i have said--- like the Trailblazers- except no Lillard- and a much worse set of draft picks going forward.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Cavs will have one before the Heat will thats for sure. lol

The Heat won because they had DWade--- a big time star that attracted other stars. They have NO route to get another guy like that anytime soon.

The heat have no way to get one--- they are locked into a mediocre team with zero cap room, the worst colleciton of draft assets in the entire league- and a collection of mediocre role players on long term deals.

typically you want to bring in guys like Onlyk, Waiters, Johnson, Johnson, etc. AFTER you have your stars. So maybe you can actually win something- instead of being in the bottom half of the East playoff race and AT THE VERY MOST substantial underdogs to even win a playoff series.

Let me bottom out and get a Fox or Fultz anyday of the week instead of paying mediocre players in order to have a mediocre team that has no chance at winning anthing substantial.

You're clearly unbiased.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it CRACKS Me up though.....the rules of the new CBA allow for Bosh to be droppedo ff the cap------ exactly what the Heat wanted--- and instead of getting a star "because everyone wants to come to Miami" (HAHA)- they are left holding their dick while Heyward goes to Boston and have to use the cap space on KElly Olnyk before Tyler Johnsons HUMONGOUS cap jump from 6 to 19 million sucks up all the cap space anyway.

hey- they DID get a meeting with Heyward though. Somethingto brag about?

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it CRACKS Me up though.....the rules of the new CBA allow for Bosh to be droppedo ff the cap------ exactly what the Heat wanted--- and instead of getting a star "because everyone wants to come to Miami" (HAHA)- they are left holding their dick while Heyward goes to Boston and have to use the cap space on KElly Olnyk before Tyler Johnsons HUMONGOUS cap jump from 6 to 19 million sucks up all the cap space anyway.

shut the fuck up

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd love to say that I'd like the dialogue of the smoldering piece of crap your team looks like a year from now. But we know you'll be long gone by then, or at the very least you'll be a Thunder fan again.

It's amazing that you can't stop talking about the Heat. You're shook.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So it's the Heats fault that the league salary cap went crazy at the same time Bosh's body failed?:L

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to say that I'd like the dialogue of the smoldering piece of crap your team looks like a year from now. But we know you'll be long gone by then, or at the very least you'll be a Thunder fan again.

It's amazing that you can't stop talking about the Heat. You're shook.
the difference is I WANT the Cavs to be a smoldering piece of crap IF AND WHEN LEBron either leaves or retires. Its what they SHOULD DO.

What they shouldnt do is trade away all their future draft picks and put really bad protections on them like the HEat did- sign a bbunch of mediocre free agents to long term deals- and guarantee they have no route to bring in a star for years to come.

Ill be the first to admit- if Heyward would have went to Miami- and Markenen would have fallen in the draft- they might have something cooking---- instead its a collection of overpaid mediocre players on a mediocre team with no avenues to get better and no star power to attract cheap free agents that want a chance to win at a high level.

instead- Kelly Olnyk and a backup center that cant shoot...lol...its just soo funny.....that narrative of "everyone wants to go to Miami" has taken a bigger hit than the Dolphins over/under with Cutler being signed and Tannehill hurt.

it still makes me laugh so hard that the fabled cap space that getting rid of Bosh was spent on a bunch of 3rd tier players because NO high level player wanted to go to Miami. Just as i said- Heyward ot Boston--- Griffin resigning in LA.

I mean--- IF you guys had cap space next year, or the year after or the year after--- who do you think is the next prime candidate you could brag about gettinga meeting with only to see them go else where?

at some point- Riley is gonna leave and leave some poor bastard holding the bag. I wonder where thosepicks that are lightly- or not even protected- will land when the Heat have to pay them over to the Suns. That is a Nets-CEltics-lite if i have ever seen it.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all that cash Danny boy's paying for his roster, it's nowhere near the Warriors and he wouldn't even pony up for a quality GM. You seriously can't make this up.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Funny.
Apparently Cavs can't even get a meeting with Kyrie.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny.
Apparently Cavs can't even get a meeting with Kyrie.

Funny thing about this guy is he keeps mentioning that Hayward interview and bragging in the same sentence. There wasn't a single Heat fan who bragged about that. Some of us were on the fence about signing him anyway

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the difference is I WANT the Cavs to be a smoldering piece of crap IF AND WHEN LEBron either leaves or retires. Its what they SHOULD DO.

What they shouldnt do is trade away all their future draft picks and put really bad protections on them like the HEat did- sign a bbunch of mediocre free agents to long term deals- and guarantee they have no route to bring in a star for years to come.

Ill be the first to admit- if Heyward would have went to Miami- and Markenen would have fallen in the draft- they might have something cooking---- instead its a collection of overpaid mediocre players on a mediocre team with no avenues to get better and no star power to attract cheap free agents that want a chance to win at a high level.

instead- Kelly Olnyk and a backup center that cant shoot...lol...its just soo funny.....that narrative of "everyone wants to go to Miami" has taken a bigger hit than the Dolphins over/under with Cutler being signed and Tannehill hurt.

it still makes me laugh so hard that the fabled cap space that getting rid of Bosh was spent on a bunch of 3rd tier players because NO high level player wanted to go to Miami. Just as i said- Heyward ot Boston--- Griffin resigning in LA.

I mean--- IF you guys had cap space next year, or the year after or the year after--- who do you think is the next prime candidate you could brag about gettinga meeting with only to see them go else where

at some point- Riley is gonna leave and leave some poor bastard holding the bag. I wonder where thosepicks that are lightly- or not even protected- will land when the Heat have to pay them over to the Suns. That is a Nets-CEltics-lite if i have ever seen it.

"the difference is I WANT the Cavs to be a smoldering piece of crap IF AND WHEN LEBron either leaves or retires. Its what they SHOULD DO."

It's not what the Cavs do, its what they ARE.
As far as assets, LeBron has already cleaned them out other then whatever they get for Kyrie.
He won't agree to be traded because he wants to leave Gilbert with nothing.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny thing about this guy is he keeps mentioning that Hayward interview and bragging in the same sentence. There wasn't a single Heat fan who bragged about that. Some of us were on the fence about signing him anyway

Exactly.
We wanted him if the price was right.
Giving up 3 assets would have made the price way to high IMO.
Heyward is a distant tier from the elite in the game.
He's better then any 1 player he would have replaced, but not better then what the combination brings on a nightly basis.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could just imagine if the Heat would have just razed it to the ground right when LeBron left like they should have done. Dealt Wade --- allowed Bosh to walk...used their cap space to take on other teams bad contracts to garner additional assets.

They would be stocked with great young players- with plenty of cap space.

Instead- its a collection of mediocre players, with the worst collection of draft assets in the league, totally capped out for the foreseeable future with no avenues to improve. Basically the worst situation you can be in.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean- so many teams get it right.

Imagine if the Lakers wouldnt have bottom out and gotten Ball and Ingram, and spent every dime on mediocre long term contracts to clog up their cap---- there would be zero talk about anyoneg oing their next summer.

They did what the smart teams do

I mean- unless your goal is to be mediocre with no chance to win anything of substance--- if thats the case- the HEat played it perfectly--- maybe they only had to endure one shitty year instead of multiple shitty years- but it guarantees they never compete with the truly elite teams in the East.

No patience....but thats not surprising from a team with a President in his 70's. Riley was never going to do it the right way. He was always going to try and short change the process because he didnt have the time to do it the right way..and make no mistake- he wont be the one holding the bag when the Heat suck and are turning over a fucking awmazing pick to the Suns for a Goran Dragic in his mid 30's.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Instead- its a collection of mediocre players, with the worst collection of draft assets in the league, totally capped out for the foreseeable future with no avenues to improve. Basically the worst situation you can be in.

You mean the position the cavs are in right now?

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean- so many teams get it right.

Imagine if the Lakers wouldnt have bottom out and gotten Ball and Ingram, and spent every dime on mediocre long term contracts to clog up their cap---- there would be zero talk about anyoneg oing their next summer.

They did what the smart teams do

I mean- unless your goal is to be mediocre with no chance to win anything of substance--- if thats the case- the HEat played it perfectly--- maybe they only had to endure one shitty year instead of multiple shitty years- but it guarantees they never compete with the truly elite teams in the East.

No patience....but thats not surprising from a team with a President in his 70's. Riley was never going to do it the right way. He was always going to try and short change the process because he didnt have the time to do it the right way..and make no mistake- he wont be the one holding the bag when the Heat suck and are turning over a fucking awmazing pick to the Suns for a Goran Dragic in his mid 30's.

Also....

shut the fuck up

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's good for Boston. Gives them an all-star level player who's a 2nd option behind IT. He wasn't going to propel the Heat to title status. I'm also going to take the collected sum of Waiters and Johnson (who both improved dramatically here in Miami) over Heyward.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're doing predictions here?

Lakers #7 seed in the West!

Why the fuck not!

:hammer: