• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Predictions for 2017-2018 NBA Season

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
of course it was the best version of himself--- he got the "alpha" role he has always wanted. The only problem with that is- if Dion Waiters is in that role- you arent doing shit.

If they brought in an ACTUAL high level all star like a Paul George or Heyward- you would see the same sulky, sucky Waiters clapping his hands looking for the ball, lazy on defense and about himself.....all you have to do to keep him happy is make him your teams alpha....how far do you think Dion Waiters is taking you?

Same can be said of a lot of players. DeMarcus Cousins is imo one of the most talented players in the NBA and he's never been able to put together a winning team. Anthony Davis has been in the playoffs just 1 time in his career.

It's not about just sheer talent, it's about fit and culture. Waiters was allowed more possessions and a bit more freedom and thrived. Will it change when you put better players around him? I'd say there's a very good chance, but it doesn't make the retention of him and his skills any less valuable. Especially if the Heat have found a way for him to be successful and the best version of himself. I don't think the Heat, especially consider the contract they gave him, believe him to be their franchise player. What he is, is a good piece to their team to help them win.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same can be said of a lot of players. DeMarcus Cousins is imo one of the most talented players in the NBA and he's never been able to put together a winning team. Anthony Davis has been in the playoffs just 1 time in his career.

It's not about just sheer talent, it's about fit and culture. Waiters was allowed more possessions and a bit more freedom and thrived. Will it change when you put better players around him? I'd say there's a very good chance, but it doesn't make the retention of him and his skills any less valuable. Especially if the Heat have found a way for him to be successful and the best version of himself. I don't think the Heat, especially consider the contract they gave him, believe him to be their franchise player. What he is, is a good piece to their team to help them win.
the 2 previous teams he played on were the LeBron James led Cavs and Kevin Durant/RW led Thunder. Both teams found him to be expendable and not worth their time.

Hes happy and playing hard because he has the ball a lot. Cool by him--- i totally agree- he played great last year. But if you have Dion Waiters in that role- you think you are winning anything?

Do you think if they brought in Paul George of Gordon Heyward-- both much more talented players- Dion would play like he did last year?

You think if Cousins/Davis played with LeBron James and Kyrei Irving...and THEN.. RW and Durant they would be let go- no one would want them- and theyd have to sign 3.5M dollar make good deal?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
of course it was the best version of himself--- he got the "alpha" role he has always wanted. The only problem with that is- if Dion Waiters is in that role- you arent doing shit.

If they brought in an ACTUAL high level all star like a Paul George or Heyward- you would see the same sulky, sucky Waiters clapping his hands looking for the ball, lazy on defense and about himself.....all you have to do to keep him happy is make him your teams alpha....how far do you think Dion Waiters is taking you?

Sounds like you are describing Kyrie.

Waiters was very unselfish all of last season.
The Heat chose for him to take some of those last shots, and he had the confidence to accept the challenge and make some.

As far as Heyward, nice player but, give me the 3 players we were able to keep/get vs just him any day of the week.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Heat chose for him to take some of those last shots, and he had the confidence to accept the challenge and make some.

As far as Heyward, nice player but, give me the 3 players we were able to keep/get vs just him any day of the week.

how'd Heyward get to become a "god" all of a sudden...?:scratch:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the 2 previous teams he played on were the LeBron James led Cavs and Kevin Durant/RW led Thunder. Both teams found him to be expendable and not worth their time.

Hes happy and playing hard because he has the ball a lot. Cool by him--- i totally agree- he played great last year. But if you have Dion Waiters in that role- you think you are winning anything?

Do you think if they brought in Paul George of Gordon Heyward-- both much more talented players- Dion would play like he did last year?

You think if Cousins/Davis played with LeBron James and Kyrei Irving...and THEN.. RW and Durant they would be let go- no one would want them- and theyd have to sign 3.5M dollar make good deal?

You really think OKC didn't want Waiters vs they needed his cap space to extend Westbrook?

After that, he said multiple times that he turned down more because he wanted to play in Miami.
True or not, who knows??
Bottom line is that the Heat took both he and Johnson and turned them into basketball players.
Just looking at their before and after pictures tells it all.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

well i seem to remember kyrie irving- at least for the last 3 years- subjegating his ego, making multiple all star teams, and hitting the biggest shot (arguably) in the history of the league.

If Waiters did what Kyrie IRving has done the last 3 years- I could understand him wanting his own team.

All did Dion was get dealt for in the Iman Shumpert deal, and then non-tendered by the Thunder. And was subsequently forced to take a 1 year 3.5M dollar contract because no one wanted to pay him.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean- i think Dion's best role would be instant offense off the bench- as a combo guard. On a good team that would be his role--- but he will never be happy with that- he will sulk and pout and not hustle.....if you want to give him a huge role- he will be happy- but if Dion Waiters has a huge role that he is happy with- chances are you arent competing for shit.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well i seem to remember kyrie irving- at least for the last 3 years- subjegating his ego, making multiple all star teams, and hitting the biggest shot (arguably) in the history of the league.

If Waiters did what Kyrie IRving has done the last 3 years- I could understand him wanting his own team.

All did Dion was get dealt for in the Iman Shumpert deal, and then non-tendered by the Thunder. And was subsequently forced to take a 1 year 3.5M dollar contract because no one wanted to pay him.

You are the only one assuming he wants his own team.
Not sure where that is coming from.
He was never, not once (like Whiteside) a problem last season.
Like many others, he thrived under the Heat culture and his family loves South Florida.
Further, he's 'only' making 13M/season which by todays standards seem to make him a bargain.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Waiters "thrived" because he was the man at times---- do you think its coincidence OKC didnt even bother to offer him a deal? that he had to settle for 3.5M at the end of free agency? lol -- NO ONE wanted him.

Heat did the dumbest thing you could do---- take guys like Johnson and Waiters- mediocre schmucks---- give them big roles and then- pay them more for their roles and stats than their actual talent.

of course Miami's offense struggled without him- who is their other shooting guard? Ricahrdson? LOL, Winslow? both guys have been injury prone. Funny how when Josh Richardson couldnt shoot worth shit after the guys like Joe Johnson, Deng, Wade- guys that could collapse a defense or spread the floor left. Having to do it on his own was a RUDE awakening.

Seemed to have worked out in the middle portion of the year once the team gelled together. I don't care what OKC did with him, he had a really good year last year. Again, I've asked you this before and I'll ask you again - show me some basketball analysts that consider these bad signings.

Also funny to hear you talk about bad contracts - because multiple analysts/media personnel have knocked the contract that TT's on.

You also realize that Richardson was injured for a good portion of the year, correct? Of course not, you're a fucking idiot.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are the only one assuming he wants his own team.
Not sure where that is coming from.
He was never, not once (like Whiteside) a problem last season.
Like many others, he thrived under the Heat culture and his family loves South Florida.
Further, he's 'only' making 13M/season which by todays standards seem to make him a bargain.

TT's making over $15 mil per year and was non-existent in the Finals (only reason he was there is Lebron). Yet, Wiggy defends the contract.

Waiters makes less and has a bigger role compared to TT. Bad contract. Wiggy himself is a contradiction.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seemed to have worked out in the middle portion of the year once the team gelled together. I don't care what OKC did with him, he had a really good year last year. Again, I've asked you this before and I'll ask you again - show me some basketball analysts that consider these bad signings.

Also funny to hear you talk about bad contracts - because multiple analysts/media personnel have knocked the contract that TT's on.

You also realize that Richardson was injured for a good portion of the year, correct? Of course not, you're a fucking idiot.

seems to be going hard after the Heat i gotta admit. things must EXTREMELY sour in LeaveLand...:heh:

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TT's making over $15 mil per year and was non-existent in the Finals (only reason he was there is Lebron). Yet, Wiggy defends the contract.

Waiters makes less and has a bigger role compared to TT. Bad contract. Wiggy himself is a contradiction.

Hypocrite is the word in the sitch...

funny though...

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't waste your time my friend

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm trying my best to just throw facts at him vs waste my time arguing.
By now, we all know his M.O..
It's pointless.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If James leaves next season, Tristan will become totally irrelevant.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seems to be going hard after the Heat i gotta admit. things must EXTREMELY sour in LeaveLand...:heh:

It's all he's got. His approach is extremely flawed as well. With all the tanking the Cavs have done, they still likely would be a fringe playoff team (having a team focused around Irving and Wiggins (wouldn't have been traded to Minnesota)) if Lebron had not come back to Cleveland.

I'm okay with the approach the Heat are taking. Will we win a title within the next couple of years? Most likely not.

Shit happens year-to-year though. What we do know, is that Lebron's likely on his way out and Kyrie wants out of Cleveland as well. When's the next generation-type player that's coming out of Ohio to come save that sorry ass franchise? That's the common denominator here.