• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Predict the Bears' record

The Bears will be...

• Total voters

Mikefive

KFFL Mod... SportsHoopla nobody
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...for the 16 game regular season. Answer the poll and explain your choice.

Mikefive

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said 9-7, down from 11-5 before the preseason. Here are the reasons why:

1. Last year, our offense had ZERO significant injuries. (Josh McCown's play made Cutler's injury insignificant.) That's not going to happen this year.
2. Last year, our defense was record breaking bad. It won't be that bad. But I lack confidence in the back 7.
3. Briggs looks out of shape or like he's slowing down.
4. DJ Williams has had injury problems.
5. Nothing I've seen from our young LBs in the preseason inspires my confidence.
6. Our CBs should be fine. But our Ss are mediocre at best.
7. Mel Tucker doesn't inspire my confidence.

I see our Offense being very good, but maybe not as good as last year when injuries happen.
I see our Defense being better than last year, but still uninspiring somewhere in the 20's.
9-7 is an improvement over last year. Just not enough of an improvement.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
vs Buffalo - W
@ SF L
@ NYJ W
vs GB W
@ CAR L
@ ATL L
vs MIA W
@ NE L
@GB L
vs MIN W
vs TB W
@ DET L
vs DAL W
vs NO L
vs DET W
@ MIN W

9-7

that's 2-6 on the road and 7-1 at home which I am not sure I agree with but whatever. Hope I'm wrong and they get to 10 wins at least.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say they beat New Orleans at home in December

Biggix

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10-6 make the playoffs as a wildcard

Tucker is fired at the end of the season

I agree we have a great chance to beat Nola in Chicago's wintery mix.

brh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going with 8-8 give or take a game. I expect the offense to very good again and likely more consistent than last year. The defense might be slightly improved, but I don't expect it to be the drastic improvement needed. Special teams are likely a little worse with the losses of Hester and Mannelly along with the continued general incompetence of DeCamillis. They have a tougher schedule on paper than last year, so I expect that to offset the slight improvements on offense & defense and leave us in pretty much the same spot.

Wounded Bear

Pilgrim on a Moutain Top
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said in the other thread, I need to see what our real defense looks like. With that said, I'm willing to bet that our D isn't much better than we saw in preseason (or last year for that matter):

Bills - Win
@ Niners - Loss
@ Jets - Win
Packers - Loss
@ Panthers - Loss
@ Falcons - Loss
Dolphins - Win
@ Patiriots - Loss
@ Packers - Loss
Vikings - Win
Buccanears - Win
@ Lions - Loss
Cowboys - Win
Saints - Loss
Lions - Win
@ Vikings - Win

Enjoy another great season Bear fans!

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say 9-7. I'm not do sure about the defense and the Bears' schedule looks a little tough for a team with a depleted d.

Da Coach

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I reluctantly voted for 10-6. I think that New Orleans game at Soldier Field in December is the unexpected win that puts us over the top.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Baluga's injury is bad enough or Lacy suffers another concussion and looses significant time, I could see us sweeping the pack. Sadly, there is so much unknown, we could go 8-8 or 12-4. My head says 9-7 but my heart says 10-6. I went with my heart.

thunderspirit

KFFL expatriate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With 5 of the first 8 on the road, the Bears need to go into the bye week with at least a split.

My head says this is a 9-7 team. My heart says they can get 11 wins.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said 9-7, down from 11-5 before the preseason. Here are the reasons why:

1. Last year, our offense had ZERO significant injuries. (Josh McCown's play made Cutler's injury insignificant.) That's not going to happen this year.
2. Last year, our defense was record breaking bad. It won't be that bad. But I lack confidence in the back 7.
3. Briggs looks out of shape or like he's slowing down.
4. DJ Williams has had injury problems.
5. Nothing I've seen from our young LBs in the preseason inspires my confidence.
6. Our CBs should be fine. But our Ss are mediocre at best.
7. Mel Tucker doesn't inspire my confidence.

I see our Offense being very good, but maybe not as good as last year when injuries happen.
I see our Defense being better than last year, but still uninspiring somewhere in the 20's.
9-7 is an improvement over last year. Just not enough of an improvement.

Two years ago in the pre-season everybody said Peanut Tillman was done. No 30 plus year old in their right mind plays at 100% speed in the pre-season. It's pointless.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why everyone thinks we'll lose back to back to Carolina and Atlanta… it's well… just something I cannot fathom. Neither of those teams are very good.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now I may be optimistic, but....

@ BUF W
@ SF W
@ NYJ W
vs GB W
@ CAR W
@ ATL W
vs MIA W
@ NE W
@GB W
vs MIN W
vs TB W
@ DET W
vs DAL W
vs NO W
vs DET W
@ MIN W

This may sound crazy, but if we can score Atleast 1 more point than every team we play, I think we can win every game.

Mikefive

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two years ago in the pre-season everybody said Peanut Tillman was done. No 30 plus year old in their right mind plays at 100% speed in the pre-season. It's pointless.
That was then. This is now. Tillman has bad shoulders, gets injured and loses significant time EVERY YEAR. There's a reason we signed him for $3.5M.

Maybe your observation was more directed toward a Lance Briggs. That's possible. We'll see. It sure looked like Ratliff was going 100%.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was then. This is now. Tillman has bad shoulders, gets injured and loses significant time EVERY YEAR. There's a reason we signed him for $3.5M.

Maybe your observation was more directed toward a Lance Briggs. That's possible. We'll see. It sure looked like Ratliff was going 100%.

Ratliff has a job to win. He's fighting for reps. Briggs has nothing to prove.

And what are you talking about? Peanut hadn't missed a game in three and a half seasons prior to last year's injury. He had missed a grand total of five games since 2005.

Wounded Bear

Pilgrim on a Moutain Top
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And what are you talking about? Peanut hadn't missed a game in three and a half seasons prior to last year's injury. He had missed a grand total of five games since 2005.

Although Charles Tillman hadn't missed a game, he was playing with bad shoulders for several years (to the point of wearing a shoulder harness(es)) and his play was on the decline because of it. He has had at least two (maybe more) reconstructive shoulder surgeries over the last 5 years to get him back to form. I believe he has also had some surgeries on his back as well.

I imagine his shoulders and back will be an issue for him for the remainder of his career. With that said, he's a smokin' stud.

Mikefive

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I stand corrected. Yes, Tillman hasn't missed that many games before 2013. Still, his shoulders have been a problem for years.

Before last year, I think he was voted to the 2 previous Pro Bowls. Even so, he was available long into free agency and we signed him for $3.5M. A low end starter costs about $3M. His salary makes my point.