• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pre Battleground PPV thread

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you guys on Reigns, but two of the greatest WWE champs of all-time didn't exactly light it up with their moves in the ring.

Hogan had a punch, a kick, a body slam and a leg drop.

Stone Cold had the stunner, punches and kicks.

The big difference is Hogan and Stone Cold had monster personalities. Reigns does not.

He needs to work on his mic skills for sure. I could overlook his shortcomings in the ring if he could drop good promos.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lesnar has been confirmed to return at Raw this Monday.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if there will be any mention of Lesnar breaking the streak.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He needs to work on his mic skills for sure. I could overlook his shortcomings in the ring if he could drop good promos.

That Rocky Johnsons kid didnt have much mic skills either. I think Reigns is someone Rock would take under his wing and make an appearance to help big time. But I would rather see a seek and destroy champ than someone flapping their lips.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any truth in rumors about Sting coming to the WWE??

He publicly stated in an interview that he is interested in facing Undertaker. I guess it comes down to the storyline being built properly so it doesn't look like Taker just wipes the floor with him, because I don't see Vince putting WCW's top star over one of his top stars. WWE is already selling Sting merchandise, so I feel that a Sting appearance in WWE is not as far fetched as it once was.

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im pretty sure this is going to be the worst ppv of the year. So far this one just seems totally weak, story line is weak, matches are weak. Not liking it at all. Though in WWE defense, the last 2 years of PPVS have been great.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im pretty sure this is going to be the worst ppv of the year. So far this one just seems totally weak, story line is weak, matches are weak. Not liking it at all. Though in WWE defense, the last 2 years of PPVS have been great.

It was the worst PPV last year for sure, probably continue the trend this year as well.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He publicly stated in an interview that he is interested in facing Undertaker. I guess it comes down to the storyline being built properly so it doesn't look like Taker just wipes the floor with him, because I don't see Vince putting WCW's top star over one of his top stars. WWE is already selling Sting merchandise, so I feel that a Sting appearance in WWE is not as far fetched as it once was.

I wouldn't mind seeing Sting wrestle in WWE but I hope that specific match NEVER happens. Taker looked absolutely 100% done in his match with Lesnar. He can't do it anymore. And I watched a little of Sting in TNA and he can barely go. It was painful to watch at times. So put the two together and we might see one of the worst and slowest wrestling matches ever.

If Sting wrestles in WWE, it needs to be with someone that can carry the workload of the match.

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what rating do you all see this ppv as from 1-10?

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only matches I'm looking forward to are...
-IC battle royal
-Seth Rollins vs Dean Ambross
-AJ vs Paige

Really blah on the rest.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd really only want to see the IC Battle Royal. The rest is pretty lame. I could be wrong, but it seems painfully obvious Rollins and AJ are going to win.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fatal 4-Way for WWE World Heavyweight Championship

Champion: John Cena
Challengers: Kane, Randy Orton, Roman Reigns

Battle Royal for vacant Intercontinental Championship

Alberto Del Rio vs. Big E vs. Bo Dallas vs. Cesaro vs. Curtis Axel vs. Diego vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Fandango vs. Heath Slater vs. Kofi Kingston vs. Rob Van Dam vs. R-Truth vs. Ryback vs. Sheamus vs. Sin Cara vs. The Great Khali vs. The Miz vs. Titus O'Neil vs. Xavier Woods vs. Zack Ryder

Diva's Championship

Champion: AJ Lee
Challenger: Paige

2-out-of-3 Falls Tag Team Championship

Champions: The Usos
Challengers: The Wyatts (Luke Harper and Erick Rowen)

Single Matches

Bray Wyatt vs. Chris Jericho

Dean Ambrose vs. Seth Rollins

Jack Swagger vs. Rusev

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it will be alright of a PPV.

The WWEWHC match is a match that will probably set up Summer Slam. I expect it to be around a 5/10. (In order for me to give a 10, it has to be one of the best matches I have ever seen)

I liked the IC Battle Royal when it was half that many people. That is just too many at the same time and won't be too interesting until 3/4 of the way into it. However, once it gets 3/4 into it, it will be a good one to watch. 7/10

I kind of think that AJ vs. Paige should have been a Summer Slam matchup instead of Battleground. Even though it is likely that AJ will win, I think these 2 divas will put on quite a show. 6/10

The tag team match between the Usos and the Wyatts does not interest me much. I just hope the Usos win and the feud between these 2 end. The action will be good, but it will be like a rerun. 4/10

Bray vs Jericho will be exciting. I think the story behind it is a stretch, but I think these 2 will put on a great show. 8/10

Dean Ambrose vs. Seth Rollins. I think the match will be epic. This is one that should go into Summer Slam as a no DQ match. Since I think the match will end with the Authority DQ, I am going to give this 6/10

I can see Jack Swagger-Rusev match falling into the big guy match. It will be a boring 1st match between the 2. I think there will be a rematch at Summer Slam, which will have much action. They will make this match weak to make Summer Slam more impressive. 4/10

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it will be alright of a PPV.

The WWEWHC match is a match that will probably set up Summer Slam. I expect it to be around a 5/10. (In order for me to give a 10, it has to be one of the best matches I have ever seen)

I liked the IC Battle Royal when it was half that many people. That is just too many at the same time and won't be too interesting until 3/4 of the way into it. However, once it gets 3/4 into it, it will be a good one to watch. 7/10

I kind of think that AJ vs. Paige should have been a Summer Slam matchup instead of Battleground. Even though it is likely that AJ will win, I think these 2 divas will put on quite a show. 6/10

The tag team match between the Usos and the Wyatts does not interest me much. I just hope the Usos win and the feud between these 2 end. The action will be good, but it will be like a rerun. 4/10

Bray vs Jericho will be exciting. I think the story behind it is a stretch, but I think these 2 will put on a great show. 8/10

Dean Ambrose vs. Seth Rollins. I think the match will be epic. This is one that should go into Summer Slam as a no DQ match. Since I think the match will end with the Authority DQ, I am going to give this 6/10

I can see Jack Swagger-Rusev match falling into the big guy match. It will be a boring 1st match between the 2. I think there will be a rematch at Summer Slam, which will have much action. They will make this match weak to make Summer Slam more impressive. 4/10

If the match ends in a pin/submission, I would say 7/10

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the match ends in a pin/submission, I would say 7/10

I think the Authority interfering for the DQ is the best way to go about it. No point in this feud being settled at Battleground.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest, nothing matters to me regarding Battleground as long as AJ Lee walks out the Diva's champion…

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGppeFqTorc]AJ Lee mv The Monster - YouTube[/ame]

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited by a moderator: