• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

powe traded

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
flyers traded powe to minnesota for a third round pick in 2013.

all i have to say about this one is WHAT THE FUCK HOMER

powe's role on this team was that of an unsung hero, one of those guys who was willing to do all the dirty work and the gritty stuff. not to mention his speed was unreal. and hes gone just for a third round pick in TWO YEARS.

all i have to say is either he wanted too much money or the flyers are trying to salvage 100K of cap space here and there in preparation for something big.

all in all though, i strongly disagree with this move.

really hoping homer knows what hes doing on this one.

soulxflare

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't like this move at all. Powe was a great energy guy that was responsible enough to play on the PK.

I wonder if this is an opening for Ben Holmstrom?

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
if this is a move to open up a roster spot for a phantom then i really dont get it. we know what we are getting with powe. a responsible, energy checking line player who can play all roles. and is very affordable. we have NO idea what we are getting with a guy like ben holmstrom or someone similar. i'll say it again..wtf homer..wtf..

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
ummm i actually think a 3rd round pick is pretty nice return for a grinder like powe, you can only have so many on one team. i suspect they had to give him arbitration and he would have been due a little bit of an increase from last years contract, a little over a mil i suppose. so homer went younger (age 26 not old ha) again...

kevin_23610

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Something big is coming. Just sit back and enjoy the show folks - you'll be happy :)

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Something big is coming. Just sit back and enjoy the show folks - you'll be happy :)

i was just thinking the same thing, this is not flyers mentality, we don't "get younger"...ever. i hope they do something ridiculous like sign stamkos haha

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really do like Powe but he did take too many dumb penalties at the absolute worst time. High energy guy that hit everything that moved. Was, however, a 4th line player with limited scoring ability. To get a third is another good job by Homer. I think he will fit well with the defense 1st scheme of the Wild. I am just glad we do not have to face him too often as he does seem to target the head too often.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somethign coulda be a'brewing....or he just has to sign our RFAs we got.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
immediately after they traded powe they made offer sheets to simmonds, voracek, and kalinski.

not dan carcillo...

TimKerrRules#12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
ummm i actually think a 3rd round pick is pretty nice return for a grinder like powe, you can only have so many on one team. i suspect they had to give him arbitration and he would have been due a little bit of an increase from last years contract, a little over a mil i suppose. so homer went younger (age 26 not old ha) again...

I totally agree, getting a 3rd rounder for a 4th line player is a really good return. I'm hearing AGAIN that Philly is interested in Madden. Carcillo is gone to, and I suspect Shelley will be gone to with Sesito brought up and signed.

flyermaniaa90

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Many more moves to come...i am in the same landing pattern with most of you...Powe worked hard every shift...that made him a well liked player...his skills were limited but use them all...Now with richards and powe gone the pk will suffer...but WTF...Nodl gets a two year deal give me a break he flat out sucks...must have pics of homer with someone...lol

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
easily replaced by holmstrom i think.. i loved powe as much as the next guy, but a 3rd rounder is a steal.. i'm very surprised to see you guys are so upset with the move

good pk'er, good energy guy, hit everything.. sounds a lot like what holmstrom can do, and i liked him better anyway.. nodl is a good defender too

giroux, nodl, holmstrom, and betts are fine pk'ers.. if shenn and/or couturier (gotta work on spelling that one) make the team, they are supposed to be solid 2-way guys too.. they should be fine on the PK and that was powe's biggest asset

Last edited by a moderator:

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
honestly, i like nodl. hes not here for his offense. he's here for his defensive work and his work along the boards (which is really good).

845K for two years is a really good deal for him. i think hes the kind of a guy who is a perfect fit on the 4th line and should be able to step into 3rd line roles in events of injuries no problem.

realistic offensive production from nodl should be around 10-12 goals anyway. 11 goals in 60+ games from him is really awesome production. hes not here to score goals he's here for other reasons. obviously he should be able to contribute a little offense when need be, and he has shown that he can. granted, not consistenly, but i really dont see the hate for nodl

flyermaniaa90

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I dont agree nodl was as good as Powe...i held my breath when he was out there praying they would pull him off ASAP...LOL...holmstrom...will see...no prof there...at least at the NHL level...Powe much better in every catagory then nodl...IMO...but i agree third rounder...almost impossible to say no...wonder what nodl would have be werth...lol...i will take your word on holmstrom Awaz...sure you have seen more of him then i have...

flyermaniaa90

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Wootpooker...respectfully disagree i thought he was extremely weak along the boards...but he is here...hopefully in very limited limited duty as far as im concerned...bring me up a phamtom player...sorry