• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

powe traded

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i do think powe is much better than nodl, but i don't hate nodl. gonna miss powe.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think powe, nodl, holmstrom.. all basically the same player IMO.. hit a decent amount, work along the boards, play some good defense.. and work their asses off.. players like this are absolutely replaceable, and absolutely not worth a 3rd round pick, good to great trade IMHO

good luck to powe in the future though, did always like him

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nodl has a little more offensive upside he can actually produce on the 3rd line whereas Powe was ineffective in that role. I like the move in getting a 3rd rd pick. Even if they saved 200 K it all helps at this point.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still hope that Nodl only plays on the 4th line though or is a reserve....

soulxflare

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still hope that Nodl only plays on the 4th line though or is a reserve....

I'd rather have kept Powe and traded Noodle. He doesn't bring a single thing to this team besides being a cheap cap hit.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FlyerFin, I know I said this before, but that pic you have for your avy is fucking sick. That is an awesome backdrop for a photo.

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'd rather have kept Powe and traded Noodle. He doesn't bring a single thing to this team besides being a cheap cap hit.

He brings some goal and some offensive upside. Not much, but then again he doesnt see the ice that much. Powe brought energy and heart. Unfortunately heart and talent are not the same thing. Powe just sint good enough for this team.

That said, I'll take Powe over ******* any day of the week.

WHY THE EFF DID WE SIGN SHITTY?

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FlyerFin, I know I said this before, but that pic you have for your avy is fucking sick. That is an awesome backdrop for a photo.

Yep it was one hell of a day it got cold for a bit and didn't snow so everyone was out on Johnson Lake near Banff skating...you could see the bottom of the lake it was so clear. I haven't been able to do that since....

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yep it was one hell of a day it got cold for a bit and didn't snow so everyone was out on Johnson Lake near Banff skating...you could see the bottom of the lake it was so clear. I haven't been able to do that since....

I never heard of ice that clear when it comes to a body of water that large. That is stunning

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets face it Powe was a ghost in the playoffs. He didnt hit,block shots or score. He was useless. Im glad Homer is making an example of guys who want to coast through

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Powe was what he was. Good skating, stone hands, took just idiotic penalties from time to time, and post shoulder injury his board work has not been the same. How much of the decline in his board work is a result in Lavvy's system is debateable. I think that there is still something big brewing. Don't think it is Satmkos big, but I too think that there is another shoe and it is going to drop.

recon

FLYERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand all the complaining about this trade. He's a fourth-liner. He is not a game changing player. Occasionally, he hits and brings energy to his line; however, Rinaldo or Holmstrom will easily bring you the same qualities. The only thing that I can see that we really lost is his ability to PK. Losing Richards and Powe is going to hurt our PK, but Giroux isn't much of a step down from Richards. Betts or a FA will take Powe's spot. I think we'll be fine with this minor move. By mid season you'll be wondering why we have another 3rd rounder.

Last edited by a moderator:

flyermaniaa90

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
lol...i dont think anyone is complaining about getting a third rounder for powe...just concern over PK coverage...nodl is not the answer...holmstrom...not proven at all at this level...pk was not good last season...dont really want giruox drawn out like richards was killing penalties...its a concern... not the end of the world...The PK has to improve...

flyermaniaa90

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
" Rinaldo or Holmstrom will easily bring you the same qualities"...if they can bring the same qualities... they would be up with the big club already...saw holmstrom of couple of times...not impressed...but in fairness it takes time...perhaps as you say these guys are ready to step up...lets hope...GO FLYERS!!!

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't really get this one. I liked Powe. I hope Homer has some kind of grand master plan that is going to wow all of us in the end.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He hasn't wowed you enough already?

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol...i dont think anyone is complaining about getting a third rounder for powe...just concern over PK coverage...nodl is not the answer...holmstrom...not proven at all at this level...pk was not good last season...dont really want giruox drawn out like richards was killing penalties...its a concern... not the end of the world...The PK has to improve...

Yep...yep....yep

ProppRules

Flyers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What a great fan base. We are two pages into a debate over Powe vs Nodl. Honestly, it is like debating who your long reliever is; if it gets to that person, then no one is winning any championships...
Plus, I like Nodl on the 4th line. I think all the hate for Nodl is b/c he was often on lines we need production out of. He is young, cheap, and not a liability. Now if we could dump Shelley and replace him with a veteran leader on the wing that can do all the defensive stuff, I would be very happy.