• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Potentially bad news for Javonte

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having recently watched a friend and then my wife go through ACL surgery and recovery there is so much variable to those recoveries it could well be the 2024 season before Javonte is himself again, but he could take to it quicker and be back full bore after 10 months or so.

Yeah- Really had to say... Everyone recovers so different. We see guys tear it late in the season and be ready for the season we see guys tear it early and miss the early part of the season.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had an allograft, along with a lateral release to allow better tracking for my knee cap after the surgery. I also had pcl and mcl damage. Most athletes opt for a patellar tendon graft, which takes substantially longer to heal, but is typically stronger than an allograft. Theres been some grafts from the hamstring as well depending on how much damage there is.

His injury is bad-bad, but depending on what he had done, as well as what they found after going in (there's usually cartilage damage), I'd be shocked if he was ready by game 1 next year. As for feeling 100%, even me with a faster healing surgery and recovery was closer to 2 years before I was comfortable with my "new" knee and trusted it.

Sucks. I hope he's the same after surgery.

Was this during the local hay bale toss contest at the county fair?

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had an allograft, along with a lateral release to allow better tracking for my knee cap after the surgery. I also had pcl and mcl damage. Most athletes opt for a patellar tendon graft, which takes substantially longer to heal, but is typically stronger than an allograft. Theres been some grafts from the hamstring as well depending on how much damage there is.

His injury is bad-bad, but depending on what he had done, as well as what they found after going in (there's usually cartilage damage), I'd be shocked if he was ready by game 1 next year. As for feeling 100%, even me with a faster healing surgery and recovery was closer to 2 years before I was comfortable with my "new" knee and trusted it.

Freak

• Bullseye
Reactions: LGM

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A lot has changed in medical advances from 40 years ago!

;)

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm relieved to know @LGM was broken before he showed up around here.

• Haha

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They’ve come along way with these surgeries and treatments. He’ll be getting the best out there including stem cell therapy which appears to be miraculous for recovery.

• Bullseye

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They’ve come along way with these surgeries and treatments. He’ll be getting the best out there including stem cell therapy which appears to be miraculous for recovery.
I agree, though it seems to me that the biggest recovery obstacle (and mojo eluded to it) often is between the ears. I think we may be actively witnessing that with Hamler. When do you trust yourself to be full-go (Sutton exhibit A).

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stem cell therapy for me included pain killers and an old fashioned... so you never know.

LGM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm relieved to know @LGM was broken before he showed up around here.
And Im relieved that your alzheimers hasn't progressed, since this happened well after I met you.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stem cell therapy for me included pain killers and an old fashioned... so you never know.
Are you referring to the drink or the handy

• Bullseye

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Im relieved that your alzheimers hasn't progressed, since this happened well after I met you.
I'm excited to inform you that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

• On Fire

LGM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm excited to inform you that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
LOL, I thought this very thing as I took entirely too long to figure out what DC meant by "GL" discussing Murray. :D

LGM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

like a wise man once said, “could be worse”.
That's really good news; especially the nerve damage. He can still get damaged during surgery (I did), but at least it'll be functional. And really, the meniscus would heal long before he was cleared to run with the new acl.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's really good news; especially the nerve damage. He can still get damaged during surgery (I did), but at least it'll be functional. And really, the meniscus would heal long before he was cleared to run with the new acl.

Thanks doctor for letting us know nerve damage is bad. ;)