• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Potential OC Candidates?

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
more of the same, which isn't good
Not sure what you mean. :noidea:

Are you talking about a fourth OC in the last six years? :noidea:

I think that is why they promote either Frank Cignetti Jr. or Ray Sherman. :nod:

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what you mean. :noidea:

Are you talking about a fourth OC in the last six years? :noidea:

I think that is why they promote either Frank Cignetti Jr. or Ray Sherman. :nod:

Who ever they hire... maybe one on the inside guys, they need to be able to think for themselves, not trying to get a Fisher "yes man"

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams have been granted permission to talk to niners OC Roman about the OC vacancy.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way man I'm a Rams fan. I just hope he doesn't go to the Cardinals and we have to face him twice a year he'll destroy us. Even though their offense doesn't look like it's going to be very good. They probably lose Fitzgerald in FA.

The only way Sammie scares defenses is by getting hurt and then they will have to face a better Qb.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only way Sammie scares defenses is by getting hurt and then they will have to face a better Qb.

hmm that didn't seem to work this year on the most talented team fisher has had by far.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, he has had a lot of obstacles during his tenure besides his health. I've heard a lot of those same obstacles from Davis supporters in the last year unlike yourself along the way.

Davis can make plays and has mobility. His problem is inexperience and decision making as well. When he was bad, I said he was bad too.

Same with Hill.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As many an anti Bradford thread has suggested a 'healthy Sam' is one to be reckoned.

Do you Sam detractors disagree?

:noidea:

Was that kind of a pun, and you meant that a healthy Sam is one to be wrecked on?

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Davis can make plays and has mobility. His problem is inexperience and decision making as well. When he was bad, I said he was bad too.

Same with Hill.

At least I saw Davis make plays, unlike Sammie!

And I think they were 6 yard throws SJ, not 7, of course there was probably some YAC yards in there to get to 6

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heck, lets just make Sam Bradford the OC. He'll be hurt sometime during the preseason so at least we'll be paying him for something other than lying in a hospital bed.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chewing sunflower seeds is what he did this season while on the sidelines, UVA. Most highly paid sunflower seed eater on the planet.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chewing sunflower seeds is what he did this season while on the sidelines, UVA. Most highly paid sunflower seed eater on the planet.

I'm surprised he didn't pull a jaw muscle!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe some of you have seen this list but I thought I would post it here
Staying in house

Tight ends coach Rob Boras: There are others on the current staff with more experience in the league and more experience as a coordinator, but Boras is the one many around the league think has the brightest future as a play caller. In fact, had Vanderbilt hired Brian Schottenheimer as its head coach last year, it's all but certain the Rams were going to promote Boras to coordinator. Boras has been in the NFL for 11 years, all as an assistant, but did spend three years as offensive coordinator at UNLV. Boras knows the system, he knows Fisher and he knows the personnel. It wouldn't be a surprise if he got the job.

Ties to Fisher

Ken Blaze/USA TODAY SportsKyle Shanahan has all the qualities Jeff Fisher seeks in a coordinator, but the Browns' former playcaller isn't short on options.

Kyle Shanahan: The news just came Thursday that Shanahan and the Cleveland Browns are parting ways. Shanahan is the son of Mike Shanahan, who is one of Fisher's closest friends in the business. Shanahan is considered one of the game's bright young minds and, like Schottenheimer, comes from the strong NFL bloodlines that Fisher seems to prefer. But Shanahan will have no shortage of options. He's interviewing for the head coach job in Buffalo, has been tied to the opening in San Francisco and has drawn interest as the possible coordinator in New York should Dan Quinn get that job. He's one to watch but might be out of the Rams' reach.

Dowell Loggains: Like Shanahan, Loggains parted ways Thursday with the Browns and also has a longstanding relationship with Fisher. Loggains served as offensive quality control coach for Fisher's Tennessee Titans for two years and one as his quarterbacks coach. He then was offensive coordinator in Tennessee for the next name on this list. These ties don't run as deep and Loggains' tenure as offensive coordinator wasn't all that successful, but he's still young. It seems unlikely Fisher would go this direction but it can't be ruled out.

Mike Munchak: You'd be hard pressed to find someone with a longer relationship with Fisher than Munchak. The pair worked together in Houston/Tennessee from 1993 to Fisher's departure after the 2010 season. Munchak was Fisher's offensive line coach for most of that time before replacing Fisher as head coach in 2011. Munchak is now the offensive line coach in Pittsburgh so the Rams would need to seek permission to interview him, but there's no denying that he would fit philosophically and personally.

The known commodities

Marc Trestman: The now former Bears head coach brings plenty of sizzle and is known for his aerial attack. He's been a coordinator four times and was the primary play caller in Chicago and in his time in the CFL. His history and creativity would make him appealing, but it's fair to wonder whether his style is a match for what Fisher wants to be offensively.

Greg Roman: The in-limbo coordinator in San Francisco would make a lot of sense for the Rams philosophically. He's guided one of the league's best rushing attacks with the 49ers and knows the landscape of the NFC West division quite well. It's hard to know what his next move is but he's drawn interest for Buffalo's head coaching spot as well as coordinator gigs in Tampa Bay and Jacksonville. Fisher clearly knows him from playing against him and this would be a logical fit should the Rams go outside the organization and people with close ties to the head coach.

Rob Chudzinski: Similar to Trestman, Chudzinski is known for being a creative, intelligent offensive mind. He's currently a special assistant in Indianapolis but has experience as a coordinator. The Rams actually interviewed him for their head coaching job in 2012 while awaiting word from Fisher. For what it's worth, the Rams really liked Chudzinski at the time but clearly it's Fisher making the ultimate call here.

Others to note

Greg Olson, Marty Mornhinweg: Recently deposed coordinators in Oakland and New York, respectively. Olson has been the Rams' coordinator before under Scott Linehan and did a good job before Linehan undercut his play-calling duties. Mornhinweg is a West Coast disciple who could fall in line with what Fisher wants offensively.

Wouldn't it be fun?

Mike Martz: Yes, yes it would.
Sorting through St. Louis Rams' potential offensive coordinator list - ESPN

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can't hate on them if they promote Boras, its a Fisher move

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like it could be Kyle. Didn't know Jeff and Mike were such goos friends.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Roman is out. He is shufflin off to Buffalo to work for Rex Ryan. I think Shanahan will end up where his daddy does, but if daddy does not get a gig, why not bring in Shanahan AND Hoyer.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than Shanahan, I like the Munchak idea or the Loggains idea. No to Trestman. I would not be upset with a promotion within the staff and then bringing in Josh Heupel to be on the staff to work directly with Bradford.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, Commish I agree. Add Boras to the logical solution. Very good compilation Vita. Well done my good man!