• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Potential New Owner Watch Thread

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No but I know the history of selling a nfl franchise .. I know it's always sold on the 12th hr .. kind of the same deal on franchise tag a player .. hell Snyder put a bid in when he bought the team when he was just a name not even a front runner The Waltons was not really in play for the Broncos till closer to the imaginary timeline.. he has to sell or his business career is toast also he not totally dumb
The fact that you are actually banking on snyder doing something intelligent is astounding.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't belive that.. I think FA would come here knowing Bezos will be the Boss I also think Any G.M office person would work with him my God he is like the 3rd richest person in the world. And probably has more money then all the owners combined. Last time i looked Author blank is the richest Owner at 7 billion .. bezos is worth around 125 billion to 200 billion lol also the league will vote him in easily lol .. Waltons might have more but I don't know for sure Bezos is like 1,000 more properly then the waltons
The owners have to vote him and that won’t happen to late march

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we think this is true?

Snyder is up to something. He knows bezos wants the team and has the cash, yet, doesn't want him to bid?

Good heavens, this might just not happen. Why would snyder care where the money comes from? You mean tell me that now he is wanting to take a moral stand on something?

Someone just buy the dang team!

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we think this is true?

Snyder is up to something. He knows bezos wants the team and has the cash, yet, doesn't want him to bid?

Good heavens, this might just not happen. Why would snyder care where the money comes from? You mean tell me that now he is wanting to take a moral stand on something?

Someone just buy the dang team!

Can the NFL force him to sell b/c of the allegations no matter who the bidder is?

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can the NFL force him to sell b/c of the allegations no matter who the bidder is?
They can force him to sell but why would they? If they haven't already, why would they?
Snyder literally tried to blackmail the owners and they didn't care.
The owners will not force him to do anything. He intimidates them for whatever reason. They can only nail him on refusing to loan him then money for a stadium.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can force him to sell but why would they? If they haven't already, why would they?
Snyder literally tried to blackmail the owners and they didn't care.
The owners will not force him to do anything. He intimidates them for whatever reason. They can only nail him on refusing to loan him then money for a stadium.

can the owners vote him out at the owners' meetings b/c of the allegations?

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can the owners vote him out at the owners' meetings b/c of the allegations?
They can call a vote anytime is my understanding. They did not call a vote last owners meeting and it is widely believed they will not.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The New York Post reports Washington owner Daniel Snyder could decide to maintain his ownership after bids to buy the team fell short of Snyder’s $6 billion cutoff.​

The top offer to buy the Commanders came in at $5.5 billion, falling short of the $7 billion valuation for the team. Snyder has a grudge against Amazon founder Jeff Bezos, who owns the Washington Post, and has benched Bezos from entering the auction. There are rumors the low offers could result in Snyder not selling his stake in the team. A decision on whether Snyder will walk away is expected by the annual owners’ meeting on March 26.

Source: New York Post

Feb 25, 2023, 11:34 AM ET

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The New York Post reports Washington owner Daniel Snyder could decide to maintain his ownership after bids to buy the team fell short of Snyder’s $6 billion cutoff.​

The top offer to buy the Commanders came in at $5.5 billion, falling short of the $7 billion valuation for the team. Snyder has a grudge against Amazon founder Jeff Bezos, who owns the Washington Post, and has benched Bezos from entering the auction. There are rumors the low offers could result in Snyder not selling his stake in the team. A decision on whether Snyder will walk away is expected by the annual owners’ meeting on March 26.

Source: New York Post

Feb 25, 2023, 11:34 AM ET
Yup, I am beginning to believe he might actually keep it. Trusting Snyder to do the right thing for the fans or just even for a financial perspective is silly.

If Snyder keeps the team, I am gone boys. I just can't do it anymore from an ethics standpoint.

If he keeps the team, I hope the fans completely turn on him, and shame on those who continue to go to the games.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully he sells or the owners vote him out and has no choice but to sell the team
I have learned that you literally cannot count on Snyder to do anything that makes any sense.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Athletic is reporting today that someone with knowledge is reporting that activity towards a sale has ramped up recently.

I think we just have to let it play out. These sales are all so hush hush until it gets close or a decision is made. At the same time I wouldn't put anything past Snyder.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Athletic is reporting today that someone with knowledge is reporting that activity towards a sale has ramped up recently.

I think we just have to let it play out. These sales are all so hush hush until it gets close or a decision is made. At the same time I wouldn't put anything past Snyder.
I will not feel good about it until the owners officially vote on it and make it a done deal. Until then, Snyder is capable of anything. I hope he doesn't take the "burn it down" approach on the way out. I agree, I put nothing past him at all. He could keep the team and run it further in the ground...seriously.

Now The Athletic is reporting it...wow...thanks Dan!!!!!!!

Amazon founder Jeff Bezos is not allowed to bid for the Washington Commanders, the team’s banker, Bank of America, has told the billionaire, a person briefed on the sale process confirmed to The Athletic.

The person added that Bezos being barred from bidding has been a reality for months.

Last edited:

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I take my son to New York City for two days and all hell breaks loose. Lol

Nothing isneasy when it come to Dan and this team. Harris needs to find himself some minority owners and get this done.

If Bezos leaks he's willing to pay 8, Dan will let him in.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My take on this is Dan has been offered about a billion more than the Denver sale. Bezos could be the strongest bidder. Dan has no money he can spend. I am not shitting my pants at the moment

I thought the $7 billion suggested price was a pipe dream. Why would someone bid that much for a team with a team with financial issues. needing a new stadium and needing a practice facility that needs an upgrade.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve maintained all along that Snyder isn’t selling. The only way is if the league forces him. I think the investigation into him was put on the back burner pending him selling. Question is do they have the stomach to revive it?

it makes zero financial sense for Dan to sell the franchise. There is no where he can invest $6B and get the same rate of return. And he could really milk this thing for the next few years. NFL franchises are like money machines, guaranteed to pay out.