• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Potential New Owner Watch Thread

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They won't change the name again lol. The Courts and same people will go after them again lol ... New Leaders need to 3 things Get Lamar Jackson fill the stadium and Win
cant change it for 5 yrs according to the NFL rules i heard on the 106.7 the fan today

dcrising

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i listened to about 10 hrs of 106.7 the fan talking about the sale . on my way to tx . it was great
i love that station. Love listening to Brian Mitchell and JP Finlay midday.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scottie Pippen sued him too for shady business dealing.

Like JP said, Harris is a minority owner under Rooney.......Rooney. No way they replace Dan with another Dan.

No way Davis gets approved over Harris.
Maybe Apostolopolus but I doubt that too.

Screenshot_20230416-224752_Instagram.jpg

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scottie Pippen sued him too for shady business dealing.

Like JP said, Harris is a minority owner under Rooney.......Rooney. No way they replace Dan with another Dan.

No way Davis gets approved over Harris.
Maybe Apostolopolus but I doubt that too.

View attachment 326273
The news doesn't seem to be getting a much attention.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except for a couple of us it has been mostly quiet. The sale of a team is a long process. Hating the owner probably makes it seem longer. Just curious, will you guys be more excited when the sale is done? "... the witch is dead." I didn't think I would see this in my lifetime. What are you hopes.

My first hope is to bring back respect to the team. I think Magic Johnson can help with that. I hope they hire a GM and a HC. Ron doesn't suck (sorry duke) but he isn't good either. He is mediocre. I hope the new owner hires football people (RR and the Marty's are) but some folks that are a little better would be nice.

If the Harris group is the winner I hope we have some patience with them. It might take a couple of years but he has done well by the 76ers and Devils.

As a guy that has lived in MD for 60 years this year I would love to see folks wearing Washington gear again. Within two years I would like to see more Washington fans than others in the stadium. I still don't like the teams name but that is on Dan, lets not make a new owner pay for that.

I have a little bit of hope again, I hope all of you do too.

dcrising

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As soon as I read "owners ratified so and so to be the next owner" is when the party/hope train will truly start.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As soon as I read "owners ratified so and so to be the next owner" is when the party/hope train will truly start.
I think that is true for most and I get that. I feel the same. I feel like it is getting close. I don't believe the Brian Davis bid. I have high hopes for Harris based on his other teams he owns and I don't think Magic's fan appeal will hurt but make no mistake it will be Harris's team.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except for a couple of us it has been mostly quiet. The sale of a team is a long process. Hating the owner probably makes it seem longer. Just curious, will you guys be more excited when the sale is done? "... the witch is dead." I didn't think I would see this in my lifetime. What are you hopes.

My first hope is to bring back respect to the team. I think Magic Johnson can help with that. I hope they hire a GM and a HC. Ron doesn't suck (sorry duke) but he isn't good either. He is mediocre. I hope the new owner hires football people (RR and the Marty's are) but some folks that are a little better would be nice.

If the Harris group is the winner I hope we have some patience with them. It might take a couple of years but he has done well by the 76ers and Devils.

As a guy that has lived in MD for 60 years this year I would love to see folks wearing Washington gear again. Within two years I would like to see more Washington fans than others in the stadium. I still don't like the teams name but that is on Dan, lets not make a new owner pay for that.

for me it gives the opportunity for me to be passionate about the team again . i said one of the things that needs to happen is snyder needs to go . i am not sure i can have the passion i had for the redskins though . and no simply winning wont change that for the name change stole the ability to have new redskins memories and no the commanders will never ever be the redskins no matter how many times the masters say they are

that being said lets see where this can go , perhaps in 5 yrs they will rebrand

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have been taking a step back from the board, but since I am being mentioned for no reason at all, I will respond.

So having 3 winnings seasons in 12 seasons is...mediocre according to you?

So blowing through 60 million in cap space left by Bruce Allen and not having a winning season in 3 years with TOTAL control is... mediocre?

If this is "mediocre" I wonder what "bad" is. You believe RR has drafted "as well" as anyone has in 20 years. You couldn't be more wrong but I am tired of arguing with you.

Thanks for enlightening us all this morning. No need to respond...these conversations go nowhere at all and I am tired of having them. I am going back on vacation from the board as I want to keep my sanity. Like I told Dean a few weeks ago, some conversations on here are a complete waste of my time. It is a message board, so have at it. Dean wants to convert the world to his "exciting" view of the team. I am done trying to bring common sense to that equation.

Like PDay said, I try to maintain balance with the "know it all" club but even I lose patience and throw my hands up. It is funny that a Cowboy fan has to bring common sense on the board about this; however, it is what it is. Sty, Chiller, and Breed can take up the mantle of keeping "balance" while I am taking a mental health break. Cheers to all and I hope all is well with everyone!

Last edited:

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
98-90-2 = mediocre.

If you disagree with my comment about drafting better than anyone the last 20 years then make an argument.

I am assuming your $60 million includes Allen, McLaurin and Payne. You made a generalized statement without explaining yourself.

Enjoy your vacation.

dcrising

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been taking a step back from the board, but since I am being mentioned for no reason at all, I will respond.

So having 3 winnings seasons in 12 seasons is...mediocre according to you?

So blowing through 60 million in cap space left by Bruce Allen and not having a winning season in 3 years with TOTAL control is... mediocre?

If this is "mediocre" I wonder what "bad" is. You believe RR has drafted "as well" as anyone has in 20 years. You couldn't be more wrong but I am tired of arguing with you.

Thanks for enlightening us all this morning. No need to respond...these conversations go nowhere at all and I am tired of having them. I am going back on vacation from the board as I want to keep my sanity. Like I told Dean a few weeks ago, some conversations on here are a complete waste of my time. It is a message board, so have at it. Dean wants to convert the world to his "exciting" view of the team. I am done trying to bring common sense to that equation.

Like PDay said, I try to maintain balance with the "know it all" club but even I lose patience and throw my hands up. It is funny that a Cowboy fan has to bring common sense on the board about this; however, it is what it is. Sty, Chiller, and Breed can take up the mantle of keeping "balance" while I am taking a mental health break. Cheers to all and I hope all is well with everyone!
Enjoy the vacation. Hope to see you posting after the draft. NO much going on until then.