• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Potential New Owner Watch Thread

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Enjoy the vacation. Hope to see you posting after the draft. NO much going on until then.
Will do my friend.

I hope life is treating you well boss.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes enjoy your break , hope to see ya soon Duke

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except for a couple of us it has been mostly quiet. The sale of a team is a long process. Hating the owner probably makes it seem longer. Just curious, will you guys be more excited when the sale is done? "... the witch is dead." I didn't think I would see this in my lifetime. What are you hopes.

My first hope is to bring back respect to the team. I think Magic Johnson can help with that. I hope they hire a GM and a HC. Ron doesn't suck (sorry duke) but he isn't good either. He is mediocre. I hope the new owner hires football people (RR and the Marty's are) but some folks that are a little better would be nice.

If the Harris group is the winner I hope we have some patience with them. It might take a couple of years but he has done well by the 76ers and Devils.

As a guy that has lived in MD for 60 years this year I would love to see folks wearing Washington gear again. Within two years I would like to see more Washington fans than others in the stadium. I still don't like the teams name but that is on Dan, lets not make a new owner pay for that.

I have a little bit of hope again, I hope all of you do too.
I will definitely celebrate when the sale is final. I will party hard that day. My first hope is they win on a consistent basis. I hope they bring back the Superbowl championship uniforms. If they change the name fine but it's not a must for me.

I heard the Junkies on the radio clamoring for new colors. (Red, white, and blue) Three of those guys aren't even Skins fans. It was infuriating listening to them.

They kept saying Harris will want to target a younger demographic of Skins fans. For the most part that demo doesn't exist. They are either Ravens fans or Fantasy Football Junkies. If Harris is smart he will stay away from trying to lean into the expansion team bit and get back to tradition. Maybe throw a spear in the helmet.

We can and will do better than Ron. Do you give they keys to McVay in 2024? Do you hire a GM and let him hire the coach?

Junkies had on a Philly sports writer this morning and he was killing Harris. I mean you would think he's worse than Dan. Check it out if you guys have the time.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes enjoy your break , hope to see ya soon Duke
Looking forward to life slowing down a bit for me. It's been crazy for a bit, but will even out in the next few months I hope. Will be back sooner than later.

Until then amigo...

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will definitely celebrate when the sale is final. I will party hard that day. My first hope is they win on a consistent basis. I hope they bring back the Superbowl championship uniforms. If they change the name fine but it's not a must for me.

I heard the Junkies on the radio clamoring for new colors. (Red, white, and blue) Three of those guys aren't even Skins fans. It was infuriating listening to them.

They kept saying Harris will want to target a younger demographic of Skins fans. For the most part that demo doesn't exist. They are either Ravens fans or Fantasy Football Junkies. If Harris is smart he will stay away from trying to lean into the expansion team bit and get back to tradition. Maybe throw a spear in the helmet.

We can and will do better than Ron. Do you give they keys to McVay in 2024? Do you hire a GM and let him hire the coach?

Junkies had on a Philly sports writer this morning and he was killing Harris. I mean you would think he's worse than Dan. Check it out if you guys have the time.
I think everyone will feel better when the deal is signed. I just read that there will likely be 17 owners. Harris will be managing owner @ 30%, Rales @ 12% and Magic @ 4%. The other owners have not been named.

It is hard for me to listen to the Junkies when it comes to the Redskins. As you said three of them root for other teams.

Usually young people do not have a lot of disposable income. I wonder how much they will try to make it a corporate thing? Considering what they are paying for the team I would expect higher ticket prices. I would love to see a spear on the sides of the helmet and keep the burgundy and gold.

I would like to see the team win soon. Next year I would like them to do what duke has been saying for a while. Hire a real GM and a new HC. I have thought about both McVay or Shanahan .... I wouldn't mind but don't expect it to happen.

I heard the Philly sports writer. I'd say what I said before,, look at how the 76ers and Devils are doing.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think everyone will feel better when the deal is signed. I just read that there will likely be 17 owners. Harris will be managing owner @ 30%, Rales @ 12% and Magic @ 4%. The other owners have not been named.

It is hard for me to listen to the Junkies when it comes to the Redskins. As you said three of them root for other teams.

Usually young people do not have a lot of disposable income. I wonder how much they will try to make it a corporate thing? Considering what they are paying for the team I would expect higher ticket prices. I would love to see a spear on the sides of the helmet and keep the burgundy and gold.

I would like to see the team win soon. Next year I would like them to do what duke has been saying for a while. Hire a real GM and a new HC. I have thought about both McVay or Shanahan .... I wouldn't mind but don't expect it to happen.

I heard the Philly sports writer. I'd say what I said before,, look at how the 76ers and Devils are doing.
Okay so you did hear that guy this morning. Still pissed they took Sheehan away from my morning drive to work but oh well.

Right or wrong Ron is probably gone sooner than later. I wonder if McVay would take a HC job if he didn't have full control? Do you trust the Skins to McVay the GM. The Rams got their ring but are a mess right now.

I can't see paying 6B for a team with a name the last owner picked. Gotta think they ask Roger to make an exception and say that name is connected to Dan who is connected to sexual assault allegations. A wipe the slate clean type of thing. We'll see.

Perfect world you bring back the unis with the old logo and go Warriors.

Yeah Devils and 76ers are in really good shape.

Also read about the 17 minority owners. Could have sworn I read that most of them will be bought out once the stadium is built.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay so you did hear that guy this morning. Still pissed they took Sheehan away from my morning drive to work but oh well.

Right or wrong Ron is probably gone sooner than later. I wonder if McVay would take a HC job if he didn't have full control? Do you trust the Skins to McVay the GM. The Rams got their ring but are a mess right now.

I can't see paying 6B for a team with a name the last owner picked. Gotta think they ask Roger to make an exception and say that name is connected to Dan who is connected to sexual assault allegations. A wipe the slate clean type of thing. We'll see.

Perfect world you bring back the unis with the old logo and go Warriors.

Yeah Devils and 76ers are in really good shape.

Also read about the 17 minority owners. Could have sworn I read that most of them will be bought out once the stadium is built.
Rams have a GM .... Les Snead

I think Ron is here this year because the timing of the sale, unless they promoted Del Rio or EB. Warriors, Renegades ....

I'd love to see them change the team name.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams have a GM .... Les Snead

I think Ron is here this year because the timing of the sale, unless they promoted Del Rio or EB. Warriors, Renegades ....

I'd love to see them change the team name.
My bad I thought it was McVay trading away all those picks. I just remember him stalking Stafford on a vacation and getting that thing done.

Yeah, I definitely think Ron has a chance to save his job this year. Small chance but he gets 17 this year.

The schedule is tough and the division got better. If Howell breaks out maybe we have a shot to make some noise.

I remember when we all thought the team was cursed because of the name. Lol. It was Dan the whole time.

Warriors
Red Hogs
Hogs
Washington Football Team with old unis

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bad I thought it was McVay trading away all those picks. I just remember him stalking Stafford on a vacation and getting that thing done.

Yeah, I definitely think Ron has a chance to save his job this year. Small chance but he gets 17 this year.

The schedule is tough and the division got better. If Howell breaks out maybe we have a shot to make some noise.

I remember when we all thought the team was cursed because of the name. Lol. It was Dan the whole time.

Warriors
Red Hogs
Hogs
Washington Football Team with old unis

I am still waiting on people to explain how the division got better. The Eagles have demonstrably gotten worse. The NYG are basically the same as last season, and Dallas possibly got better.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am still waiting on people to explain how the division got better. The Eagles have demonstrably gotten worse. The NYG are basically the same as last season, and Dallas possibly got better.
I do think we finish in front of NY but they got Waller and I think Crowder could help.

Cowboys added Cooks who can go for 1k on most seasons and picked up Gilmore to play opposite Diggs.

Eagles went to the SB and have two 1st. One of them being a top 10 pick.

Doesn't mean we can't make noise if Howell is ready but without checking I'm sure Vegas has us in the basement as far as betting odds go.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hope they don't come out with another slow start. Offense needs Howell and EB to click.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hope they don't come out with another slow start. Offense needs Howell and EB to click.
If we get a home opener I expect a full house. DC is an event town. Attendance will taper off but week 1 at home should be sold out.

Gotta think they are gonna go heavy run until Howell is ready. Never know with EB though. Partly why I want them to.grab one of the TEs. Good TE is a young QBs best friend.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think we finish in front of NY but they got Waller and I think Crowder could help.

Cowboys added Cooks who can go for 1k on most seasons and picked up Gilmore to play opposite Diggs.

Eagles went to the SB and have two 1st. One of them being a top 10 pick.

Doesn't mean we can't make noise if Howell is ready but without checking I'm sure Vegas has us in the basement as far as betting odds go.

NYG- gained Waller, Okereke, Riches, Campbell, and Crowder. Waller has t been good the last two years. Okereke was a nice pick up. Campbell or Crowder will start but neither are very good. The NYG were good because they ran and the OL did a good job. They lost two interior starters on the OL, As for WR, Richie James may not be great but he has the same production as Campbell in half the snaps. They also lost their starting FS in Julian Love. At best, they have had an offseason that breaks even, supposing Waller improves.

Dallas- added Cooks and Gilmore. Those are good acquisitions, even if both are getting older and didn’t do as well last season. Will Pollard be healthy? Zeke is gone. They did lose a starting OL, TE, and LB. I do see them as having improved.

PHI- them being in the SB has no bearing on them improving in the offseason. They do have two firsts but does that offset losing pro-bowlers Javon Hargrave and Miles Sanders, plus starters in Andre Dillard, Isaac Seomau, TJ Edwards, Marcus Epps, Kylie White, and Gardner Johnson. Let’s be honest, 2 or 3 of those starters were also pro bowlers last season. Do you expect Jalen Hirts to be as good this season? I just don’t see how they improved at all.

Now I am not saying we are better than any of them…I am simply saying they have not improved, except maybe Dallas.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NYG- gained Waller, Okereke, Riches, Campbell, and Crowder. Waller has t been good the last two years. Okereke was a nice pick up. Campbell or Crowder will start but neither are very good. The NYG were good because they ran and the OL did a good job. They lost two interior starters on the OL, As for WR, Richie James may not be great but he has the same production as Campbell in half the snaps. They also lost their starting FS in Julian Love. At best, they have had an offseason that breaks even, supposing Waller improves.

Dallas- added Cooks and Gilmore. Those are good acquisitions, even if both are getting older and didn’t do as well last season. Will Pollard be healthy? Zeke is gone. They did lose a starting OL, TE, and LB. I do see them as having improved.

PHI- them being in the SB has no bearing on them improving in the offseason. They do have two firsts but does that offset losing pro-bowlers Javon Hargrave and Miles Sanders, plus starters in Andre Dillard, Isaac Seomau, TJ Edwards, Marcus Epps, Kylie White, and Gardner Johnson. Let’s be honest, 2 or 3 of those starters were also pro bowlers last season. Do you expect Jalen Hirts to be as good this season? I just don’t see how they improved at all.

Now I am not saying we are better than any of them…I am simply saying they have not improved, except maybe Dallas.
That's fair

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joes net worth is $60 million ... that would be about 1% .... and he is 82.

Tdog21Skins

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me I think it’s Josh Harris’s!! After his interview with the Junkies this morning I just don’t see how the NFL or other owners would even approve Brian Davis $7 billion bid

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joes net worth is $60 million ... that would be about 1% .... and he is 82.
I would love it. Instant respectability. Him and Magic out there shaking hands and kissing babies. As a fan base we deserve what and who I think we're about to get.