• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Postgame handshake lines being banned?!

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Y! SPORTS

This is one hell of a world when postgame handshake lines are being banned. Good sportsmanship is actually the major lesson to be learned from playing sports until you're on a pro level. My coaches would have booted anyone off the team forever if one of us had been stupid enough to start a fight after a game when we were representing our school after a defeat/win.

I've got several rabid Texas fans in my businesses and we keep it civil after the RRSO is over. We shake hands, cuss fate and pay up whatever we bet before kickoff and then all the winners get treated to dinner. No matter how hard the loss was for the OU fans or the Horns fans there are no hard feelings that pour over into our personal relationships.....although UT fans eat more food that you could ever believe whenever they beat Oklahoma.

Last edited by a moderator:

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Banned isn't exactly the most accurate term to describe what is happening.

The only thing really being banned is officials overseeing the handshakes. Teams are still allowed to shake hands if they want. The state athletic association in Kentucky is just passing the buck to someone else in case something ugly occurs and someone gets hurt.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
um where are the adults? where are the coaches?????

shit like this is killing our country

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could not agree with an OU fan more.

I grew up playing sports, have my whole life, and was a college and pro athlete. I've always said that I think sports is one of the most important things to give to a kid. It teaches them: discipline, goals, activity; teamwork (in some sports); hard work; and good manners even in competitive situations (i.e. sportmanship).

Any agenda even remotely close to ending one of these lessons is absurd.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I played all kinds of sports growing up I dont remember ever having the feeling of starting a fight after a loss or being over boastful to make someone want to fight me after a win.

pitman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
um where are the adults? where are the coaches?????

shit like this is killing our country

that's what I was thinking when I read this in the paper yesterday.

pitman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could not agree with an OU fan more.

I grew up playing sports, have my whole life, and was a college and pro athlete. I've always said that I think sports is one of the most important things to give to a kid. It teaches them: discipline, goals, activity; teamwork (in some sports); hard work; and good manners even in competitive situations (i.e. sportmanship).

Any agenda even remotely close to ending one of these lessons is absurd.

well said