• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Post Your Heisman List:

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, there really should be a prestigious career achievement award given out at the same time the other big awards are given out. Have it take the player's consistency, morals, and progression throughout their career into consideration. It should be a "career Heisman" if you will, and only given to seniors. I would have no problem with McCarron receiving that award.

theSabanator20

A mellow fellow
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, there is not another team who has won 3/4 NT's. But, if that is the only argument, then there are multiple players on Bama's squad who deserve it.

AFA Texas is concerned - We did have both Vince Young and Colt McCoy. 2 of the best QB's to ever grace the planet of college football. Multiple BCS bowl wins between them, including an NC, and multiple records set.

That said - 0 Heisman's between them. Bama is the best team - but they were both WAAAAAY better college QB's than McCarron, and neither won the title.

McCarron: Build him a statue if you want, but he is not in the Heisman discussion.

2012 AJ McCarrons stats were better than 2006 Heisman Trophy winner Troy Smiths stats, yet, AJ didn't even get invited last year.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does my team or the Iron Bowl have to do with this argument? Just admit you were wrong, were basing your argument on some Nick Saban comment on Mosley and a biased AL.com article, and be more prepared to argue with me next time.

I was telling you to watch the Iron Bowl to see how good CJ really is and NO Saban doesn't influence shit of my ability to watch Alabama ALL YEAR LONG (have you?) and attend their home games to know that CJ is one of the best linebackers Alabama has had and we've had a ton! Like I said before he is a beast and what a Va Tech fan says is not going to influence my opinion one bit! :suds:

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was telling you to watch the Iron Bowl to see how good CJ really is and NO Saban doesn't influence shit of my ability to watch Alabama ALL YEAR LONG (have you?) and attend their home games to know that CJ is one of the best linebackers Alabama has had and we've had a ton! Like I said before he is a beast and what a Va Tech fan says is not going to influence my opinion one bit! :suds:

Yes, I have. And would bet good money I know more about the utilization of the WILL LB in Alabama's scheme than you do. I would watch what you say before I make you look like an idiot yet again.;)

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I have. And would bet good money I know more about the utilization of the WILL LB in Alabama's scheme than you do. I would watch what you say before I make you look like an idiot yet again.;)

FWIW.....so you don't have to google..... The WILL LB is the "weakside LB". The "weakside" is the side of the field with the least amount of offensive players. The offense is the group of guys trying to score points. Points are what wins the game at the end.

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would vote for Jordan Lynch.

NIU is a middling MAC team without him. With him they are possibly BCS bound 2 years in a row.

2nd would be Manziel. Hell, it is probably 1a 1b with these 2.

No other player in college football means as much to their team's success than those 2 players. Not even sure it is even a question.

of MAC teams NIU has faced so far... NIU's D is
the #1 total D in the MAC, yards/play allowed
the #1 scoring D in the MAC
the #1 rush D, ypc allowed in the MAC
the #1 pass effiency D in the MAC
#1 in MAC in opponent 3rd down %
#1 in MAC in INTs
#2 in MAC in sacks
#2 in MAC in turnovers gained

overall NIU's D is
#1 in MAC in INTs
the #1 rush D, ypc allowed in the MAC
#2 in MAC in turnovers gained
the #3 scoring D in the MAC
the #3 pass effiency D in the MAC
the #3 total D in the MAC, yards/play allowed
#3 in MAC in opponent 3rd down %

as for aTm, they are loaded on offense. Manziel isn't even the best offensive player at his position on their offense

and Manziel isn't the only productive player playing on a team with a crappy D

aTm has the #89 scoring D

Wyoming (5-6) has the #112 scoring D. where would they be without QB Brett Smith (who is #7 in the nation in total offense per game)

SMU (4-2 American Athletic) has the #104 scoring D. where would they be without QB Garrett Gilbert (who is #3 in the nation in total offense per game)

Oregon State (6-5) has the #95 scoring D. where would they be without QB Sean Mannion (who is #4 in the nation in total offense per game)

Washington State (6-5) has the #93 scoring D. where would they be without QB Connor Halliday (who is #7 in the nation in total offense per game)

SDSU (6-1 MWC) has the #89 scoring D. where would they be without QB David Fales (#12 in the NCAA in total offense per game)

Texas Tech (7-4) has the #83 scoring D. their offense would be crippled without TE Jace Amaro (#12 in the nation in receiving yards per game, #1 for a TE)

Colorado State (6-6) has the #82 scoring D. where would they be without Kapri Bibbs who is #2 in the nation in TDs from scrimmage and #16 in yards from scrimmage per game)

Georgia (7-4) has the #78 scoring D. we are about to find out how they look with Aaron Murray (#21 in the NCAA in total offense per game)

Toledo (5-2 in MAC) has the #75 scoring D, where would they be without RB David Fluellen (who is #7 in the NCAA in yards from scrimmage per game, #6 for a RB)

BC (7-4) has the #70 scoring D. where would they be without RB Andre Williams (who is #1 in the NCAA in yards from scrimmage per game and #4 in the NCAA in all-purpose ypg)

Fresno (10-0) has the #68 scoring D. where would they be without QB Derek Carr (who is #1 in the NCAA in total offense per game)

Last edited by a moderator:

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would have responded earlier but I just stopped laughing!

2014 NFL Draft middle linebacker rankings - SBNation.com

Will linebacker? Please read Mr. know it all! ^^^

Alabama linebacker C.J. Mosley one of 5 finalists for Nagurski Trophy | AL.com

He is also a semi-finalist for 5 other awards! Now we all know you think your knowledge and opinion means more but........ssssh.....come here.....closer.....IT DON'T MEANT JACK SHIT! :yahoo:

Cam, you know the worst thing about someone who thinks they know it all? Is when they get put int their place and don't! That's right he sucks and might not be in the SEC's top 10! :laugh3:

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Heisman Is Now Belongs To Lynch.

Seriously, this kid is doing things college football has never seen before. He has broken the all-time NCAA record for single game Qb rushing yards - 3 times.

Stats:

Lynch: 2457 yards passing; 22 tds; 5 ints.
Lynch: 1755 yards rushing; 20 tds; 1 fumble.

Lynch will probably go over 2000 yards rushing with currently 20 rushing tds to boot. It's not even a contest, imo.

We're talking about a kid who puts his entire team on his shoulder each week. A kid who will end up with over 4500 yards of offense, about 45+ total tds, and only 5 ints. Oh, and after 250 carries this year and as a drop back passer as well, he only has 1 fumble.

He leads his team in Rushing. He leads his team in Passing. He leads his team in Touchdowns. He has his team at 12-0, with the above stats.

I'm not sure he doesn't already deserve it over Winston.

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW.....so you don't have to google..... The WILL LB is the "weakside LB". The "weakside" is the side of the field with the least amount of offensive players. The offense is the group of guys trying to score points. Points are what wins the game at the end.

I'll just add this: CJ Mosley is a big reason why the offense doesn't score a lot on Bama. Yes, I know Bama has a lot of talent on defense and the best defensive mind in the game at coach, but CJ Mosley is influencing pretty much every play he is in there. If he could catch the damn ball he'd have about 8 interceptions this year. And just for the record, I'm not saying he should win the Heisman or be considered for it, I'm not going to get into that argument :suds:

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, this kid is doing things college football has never seen before. He has broken the all-time NCAA record for single game Qb rushing yards - 3 times.

Stats:

Lynch: 2457 yards passing; 22 tds; 5 ints.
Lynch: 1755 yards rushing; 20 tds; 1 fumble.

Lynch will probably go over 2000 yards rushing with currently 20 rushing tds to boot. It's not even a contest, imo.

We're talking about a kid who puts his entire team on his shoulder each week. A kid who will end up with over 4500 yards of offense, about 45+ total tds, and only 5 ints. Oh, and after 250 carries this year and as a drop back passer as well, he only has 1 fumble.

He leads his team in Rushing. He leads his team in Passing. He leads his team in Touchdowns. He has his team at 12-0, with the above stats.

I'm not sure he doesn't already deserve it over Winston.

Very impressive stats and he's a good player. And yes he's carried his team. My only problem is they've played 4 teams with winning records and their opponents are exactly good teams. I think that hurts him in the end.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll just add this: CJ Mosley is a big reason why the offense doesn't score a lot on Bama. Yes, I know Bama has a lot of talent on defense and the best defensive mind in the game at coach, but CJ Mosley is influencing pretty much every play he is in there. If he could catch the damn ball he'd have about 8 interceptions this year. And just for the record, I'm not saying he should win the Heisman or be considered for it, I'm not going to get into that argument :suds:

I was just trying to rustle the retard's jimmies a little and catch him not knowing wtf he was talking about. Google is a bitch in this day and time though. :(

Mosley is a beast, never said any different. Saying he is the best player in the country regardless of position is different though. He'll win some hardware and get a 1st round draft spot as he deserves, but will not and should not be even in the conversation for a heisman.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My order has changed:

1) Lynch
2) Winston
3) Andre Williams
4) Derek Carr
5) johnnywannabehollywood