• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Post here if your team has only punted 7 times this year so far and has 0 turnovers

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is why I say Almost Midnightangel like

So far this season seems to be a week to week league. Who the fuck thought the 49ers would beat the Rams last night. Predicting what is happening this year is not easy. I noticed it was a tough week in your pick em thread

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we also post in here if we're alone atop our division? ;)

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
punts are way down throughout the NFL.
Defense sucks in the NFL....reminds me of Big 12 football
It’s frustrating, football is no fun without defense....
I think it has less to do with the defenses being crappy as opposed to the league's constant changing of the rules to benefit the offense. And with each passing year the refs seem to go more and more out of their way to stick it to the Ds.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would give op shit, but I’m pretty sure this thread was made all in good fun.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it has less to do with the defenses being crappy as opposed to the league's constant changing of the rules to benefit the offense. And with each passing year the refs seem to go more and more out of their way to stick it to the Ds.

I think that punts are down because coaches are finally realizing that it is smarter to go for it more often. It really seems like things are starting to change. Arians went for it on 4th and half a yard from his own 20 yard line last week. Coaches seem to be going for it more on 4th and short from midfield. In my mind, 4th and 1 once you're past your own 45 should be an automatic go for it.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that punts are down because coaches are finally realizing that it is smarter to go for it more often. It really seems like things are starting to change. Arians went for it on 4th and half a yard from his own 20 yard line last week. Coaches seem to be going for it more on 4th and short from midfield. In my mind, 4th and 1 once you're past your own 45 should be an automatic go for it.
No argument at all, but it also kinda goes hand in hand with my take that the rule changes in the past decade and the refs tendencies to make calls in favor of the offense also play a role as to why coaches are going for that 1st down way more often at times when in the old days they would have never considered risking such poor field position.