• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MLB Daily Thread: Post here if Baseball still = Dead 2 U

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All right, all star break is done, deals are starting to happen, August is coming -- when we'll see the cream separate from the 2% -- and we go through the same TIRED ASS exercise we go through every summer:

The Mets are expecting the returns of several key players in the next two weeks. Harvey, Syndergaard, Familia, Walker, and Gsellman (not a star, but has pitched decently this year) will hopefully be rejoining the team after some rehab assignments.

The FOURTH PLACE Mets, 12 games back of Washington and equally as far back in the wild card race, will probably experience a surge in wins, giving false hope to millions of deluded fans who will then claim, "See? we coulda been in the playoffs again if not for all those injuries! Alderson and Collins should be safe for another 5 years..."

Good thing I still have my health, my looks, and a case of alcohol.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i bet the mets sign pablo

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All right, all star break is done, deals are starting to happen, August is coming -- when we'll see the cream separate from the 2% -- and we go through the same TIRED ASS exercise we go through every summer:

The Mets are expecting the returns of several key players in the next two weeks. Harvey, Syndergaard, Familia, Walker, and Gsellman (not a star, but has pitched decently this year) will hopefully be rejoining the team after some rehab assignments.

The FOURTH PLACE Mets, 12 games back of Washington and equally as far back in the wild card race, will probably experience a surge in wins, giving false hope to millions of deluded fans who will then claim, "See? we coulda been in the playoffs again if not for all those injuries! Alderson and Collins should be safe for another 5 years..."

Good thing I still have my health, my looks, and a case of alcohol.

Collins and Alderson are definitely saved by the slew of injuries this season, especially Collins, because I think Alderson was ok anyway

I think im pretty good with that, but I also think even with the injuries, they should have been far better than what they are, and probably should not be virtually eliminated at this stage

I have 2 real questions with them:

Do they unload their decent assets they are about to lose in FA?

Duda/Granderson/Walker to name a few

Would a "makes too much sense" deal between the Yankees and Mets ever happen?

Duda and Addison Reed are just what the doctor ordered for the Yankees, would it ever happen?

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i bet the mets sign pablo

I'm convinced they've already tried to contact Peralta

Actually, let me be honest; we're pretty set at third/infield. Have a glut of guys who can play there. Either TJ Rivera or Matt Reynolds is supposed to be the 3Bman of the future, and Reyes or Flores can cover it, too. Rivera has been hitting really well lately.

When I look at the lineup - the HEALTHY lineup - it's pretty good, considering the pitching staff we're supposed to have. Maybe too much reliance on homers and not enough manufactured runs, but that's how Collins likes it.

That NL-worst team ERA is killing us. My guess is, the pitching improves enough to make us more competitive in the second half, they make a little bit of a run at second place, maybe even scare the top of the wildcard standings, but we fall short.

This franchise ha NEVER made the playoffs in three consecutive years

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually, let me be honest; we're pretty set at third/infield. Have a glut of guys who can play there. Either TJ Rivera or Matt Reynolds is supposed to be the 3Bman of the future, and Reyes or Flores can cover it, too. Rivera has been hitting really well lately.

When I look at the lineup - the HEALTHY lineup - it's pretty good, considering the pitching staff we're supposed to have. Maybe too much reliance on homers and not enough manufactured runs, but that's how Collins likes it.

That NL-worst team ERA is killing us. My guess is, the pitching improves enough to make us more competitive in the second half, they make a little bit of a run at second place, maybe even scare the top of the wildcard standings, but we fall short.

did you guys bring back el fatto yet?

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh, hes a twin?

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

keith Law has elevated Rosario as the #1 prospect in baseball

Still a mystery why he isnt playing in the bigs

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys that work at Stans are really close with TJ Rivera

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do they unload their decent assets they are about to lose in FA?

Duda/Granderson/Walker to name a few

There was a lot of chatter a few weeks back about unloading some cogs. It cooled down a bit but it wouldn't surprise me to see some moves later.

They LOVE Duda in the FO. He's the anti-Ike Davis.

Granderson is probably gone even though he's the best CF option. He wouldn't bring much in a trade but maybe they try to get something back for him before the end of the season.

Walker, I really hope they keep longer. But no matter what moves this club makes, they just don't work out for some reason.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
keith Law has elevated Rosario as the #1 prospect in baseball

Still a mystery why he isnt playing in the bigs

Well, part of that has to be due to all the veteran SS's already on the club. Maybe Reyes or Ass-Dribble should be traded away.

Again, no matter what decision the franchise makes, it won't work out somehow. He'll eventually either be a flop or a perennial all-star for San Diego or Tampa Bay

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pineda Tommy John most likely

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2