• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Post-Game... First Impressions?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jayden looks like he belongs.

Wiley could push McNichols and Rodriguez off the roster.

TE room is solid

Dyami and Zaccheaus are locks. Crowder could be in trouble.

Need a kicker

Hopefully the stunting will continue to create pressure.

If Forbes plays this way when it counts and they keep running him out there, you could lose guys like Allen, Payne, and the other vets.

Mathis saw the field before Ridgeway did.

Agree, I cant see us keeping Ridgeway over Mathis.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that Dan Quinn and Whitt Jr. aren't standing on the table for Gilmore is interesting.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thoughts:

Very small sample size but JD5 played well. His two stand out plays were the pass to Brown and you have to add that he changed to that play at the LOS. Pass right on target ... it had to be. Other standout was his TD run, excellent block by the entire line but especially the RG and RT Braedon Daniels.

The starting OL which did not include starting OTs played very well.

Not sure what happened on that first play with Mariota but it was bad and so was he.

D Brown looks like he wants to stay. Maybe Jayden is the QB he needs.

Jayden's deep ball.

Sinnott was a hoss, he got open, he ran strong after the catch and he can block.

C Rodriguez may be looking for a job. He does not fit in this offense.

Lots of 3, 4 and 5 WR sets. At least today the OL held up without their starting OTs. This offense is multiple and no one has schemed yet.

If all you had to say is Forbes sucks you need to learn some more about football. As I commented earlier he F'd up the TD pass but the mistake is correctable. He made a couple of tackles, he defended on pass by blocking the WRs route. Is he the real deal .... too early to tell but it wasn't as bad as some of you thought. Every one is going to get beat occasionally He is most likely here for one more year at least.

Where was St. Juste? Did he lock down his guy so we never saw him?

Reaves played better than Butler ... my opinion.

Mathis had a couple of nice plays. KJ Henry shined some and John the Baptist had a play or two.

Davis was not bad. I liked Pittman.

Jayden can throw the deep ball.

Tremayne looked like he had some trouble creating separation. Tinsley too.

Disappointed in the defense in the 4th quarter but it is a time for player evaluation more than anything.

Should have been a tie, bad miss by Patterson .... DOINK!!

I didn't see Castro-Fields, did anyone else. Supposedly he has been having a good camp.

I don't mind the new kickoff rule. It is much better than them kicking the ball through the end zone for no return. I'll bet there will be lots of twists on it as the year goes on.

Just my :2cents:

ThomasTomasz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that Dan Quinn and Whitt Jr. aren't standing on the table for Gilmore is interesting.
I’ve been saying all off-season that this is an evaluation year. They are going to roll over a ton of cap space next year, and have an established locker room culture. You can’t fix everything in your first off-season. The previous regime spent some high picks on defensive backs in recent seasons, and also did a good job developing safeties, so it’s also seeing who fits what roles.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve been saying all off-season that this is an evaluation year. They are going to roll over a ton of cap space next year, and have an established locker room culture. You can’t fix everything in your first off-season. The previous regime spent some high picks on defensive backs in recent seasons, and also did a good job developing safeties, so it’s also seeing who fits what roles.
I,m counting on 7 wins and a decent 2025 draft.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good stuff guys. im going to watch the game tomorrow morning on nfl network.

ThomasTomasz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Driskel might be better, but Mariota is clearly here to mentor Daniels, especially as it pertains on how to handle expectations of being the #2 pick.

I am going to say that Mariota probably makes the roster, but Hartman, if on the practice squad, means that Driskel makes it as well. Driskel does throw a great deep ball.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I need a half from Mariota next week to make sure he's not cheeks. Driskel from all accounts has been outperforming him all camp. The fact that Quinn gave him only one series means he's probably a lock, but I need to see some good football from him.