• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Possible Fallout 4 announcement tomorrow

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once I figured out about armor weaving, I immediately started the railroad and maxed out my armorer perk.

I have level 5 Military Fatigues. I am an absolute mule, so I burn through my AP real fast. All my armor pieces are ultra-light and I typically go with legendarys that amp up AP recovery (2 powered, 1 VATs, 1 Martyr and 1 chameleon).

I just got Deacon to admire me this week so I have max'd all followers I have now (except Valentine, but his quest takes forever). I still need to recruit Danse and the institute guy.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are losing the benefit of the strength bobblehead by going this route.

Fun fact: your base level SPECIAL can go up to 11. If you max out a category, we'll say strength, to 10 and THEN find the bobblehead, your strength will permanently be 11. So, if you find those 7 bobbleheads, WAIT to collect them. Mark where you found it somewhere and come back to get it later.

Drugs, alcohol and armor mods can push these stats even higher, but only temporarily. It's particularly useful for Charisma and settlements. If you want a huge settlement population, it's based on how high your charisma is. I have multiple settlements with 25+ people. I'm eventually going to push The Castle into the high 30s, when I raise my charisma a bit more.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fun fact: your base level SPECIAL can go up to 11. If you max out a category, we'll say strength, to 10 and THEN find the bobblehead, your strength will permanently be 11. So, if you find those 7 bobbleheads, WAIT to collect them. Mark where you found it somewhere and come back to get it later.

Drugs, alcohol and armor mods can push these stats even higher, but only temporarily. It's particularly useful for Charisma and settlements. If you want a huge settlement population, it's based on how high your charisma is. I have multiple settlements with 25+ people. I'm eventually going to push The Castle into the high 30s, when I raise my charisma a bit more.
Yea, I realized that after I posted.

I did not realize that settlement size was based on charisma. Good to know.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is the Castle bugged??

I can only sometimes send my followers there, and I just started Jamaica Plain, and I can't even creat a trade rout to the Castle. I needed to send my provisioned to Hangman's Alley instead.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, I realized that after I posted.

I did not realize that settlement size was based on charisma. Good to know.

The Max settlement population is 10+#Charisma. So if you have a 6 Charisma, max population is 16. I think with all the best Charisma boosts out there, the highest you can get is like 29, so the max is 39 or so.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is the Castle bugged??

I can only sometimes send my followers there, and I just started Jamaica Plain, and I can't even creat a trade rout to the Castle. I needed to send my provisioned to Hangman's Alley instead.

Not mine, though I had a similar issue with Wawrick Homestead. I couldn't get my provisioner to leave the settlement. She was still labeled as a "provisioner" but just hung out, and on my map it didn't draw the line. After a few days it just worked all of a sudden.

I've found with settlements that most of the bugs are caused by having powered TVs and jukeboxes. If you have either of those, get rid of them.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 weeks after starting... Level 35

A...D...D...I...C...T...E...D...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I turned on the game this week and found that they silently fixed the McCready bug. I am glad they fixed it, but damn, now I have to reconfigure all my weapons now...

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I turned on the game this week and found that they silently fixed the McCready bug. I am glad they fixed it, but damn, now I have to reconfigure all my weapons now...

But they also implemented what settler's current job is, which is great!

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But they also implemented what settler's current job is, which is great!
I didn't notice that.

I was just dressing them differently so I knew. I gave all vendors a patched 3-piece suit and they wore a bandana. They were still still called "settler", "minuteman" or "provisioner", though...

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't notice that.

I was just dressing them differently so I knew. I gave all vendors a patched 3-piece suit and they wore a bandana. They were still still called "settler", "minuteman" or "provisioner", though...

That's a good idea.

So now when you're in build mode, under the person's name there is a box with a little picture showing what they're assigned to. Food, defense, all the traders, the scavenging station. It also shows if they are unassigned.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've got a question for you guys... And I'm sure it has been asked before

I've recently started to run into faction missions that sort of clash together. I've got 1 mission from the Institute to attack Bunker Hill to reclaim Synths, and another mission from the Railroad to free a bunch of Synths. And I've been told from Desmonda that keeping the Bunker Hill contact safe is a priority. So I am getting the sense that I will need to "pick a side" at some point in my near future. I am struggling to decide which path to take. I haven't done much for the Institute so I kind of want to get further along with them before I finish the Railroad quest, which seems to be an ultimatum to the Institute. I could be wrong about that.

So that brings me to my main question. Which faction did you ultimately choose, and why? I am sort of leaning on the Railroad. Although the neutral Minutemen seems kinda legit. BOS & the Institute seem sort of lopsided and hard to side with. I wish I didn't have to choose because I really enjoy exploring everything that the game has to offer, so I've been prolonging some quests just to avoid making the choice.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once I figured out about armor weaving, I immediately started the railroad and maxed out my armorer perk.

I have level 5 Military Fatigues. I am an absolute mule, so I burn through my AP real fast. All my armor pieces are ultra-light and I typically go with legendarys that amp up AP recovery (2 powered, 1 VATs, 1 Martyr and 1 chameleon).

I just got Deacon to admire me this week so I have max'd all followers I have now (except Valentine, but his quest takes forever). I still need to recruit Danse and the institute guy.
Damn you are pretty far along. Granted I started pretty late.

I only have Piper & Deacon's perks. I shot myself in the foot early on by doing 10+ minutemen missions with Dogmeat before realizing I should have been doing them with Preston. :doh: I wasn't really aware of the benefits to maxing out companion admiration. Right now I am working on Cait. I shouldn't have much more with Danse so he will be my next companion I work with. I haven't met Strong yet, or at least I don't recall it. Where do I find him? And who is the Institute Synth companion? Not sure if I met him either. I just crossed paths with Macready recently so I know where to find him.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have 2 primary bases right now. Red Rocket & the Sunlight Drive In. I really liked the Drive In's flat & wide open landscape. It allowed for a lot of customization, but it took a long time to finish. I completely walled off the area with 2 main gates, then I built a 4-story living quarters (3x4 prefabs) with 6 bedrooms on each of the first 3 floors (18 total), and the top floor (wood railings) is a living space with couches, jukebox, etc on one side and a market with all the stores on the other side. It's pretty badass. However I got a bad glitch the other day. I arrived at the settlement with everything in working condition, then I entered workshop mode and made a couple adjustments, but when I exited workshop mode almost 10 of my turrets went down and needed repair. WTF!?? I reloaded to a prior checkpoint but it happened again later on. Anyone else encounter this? I did reach the maximum allowable builds on the settlement so that was probably the root cause of it. lol

Some people will probably tell me all that building was a waste of time, but I enjoy that part of the game. I played a lot of Sims on the PC back in the day lol.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm on my second playthrough, and there's an incredibly detailed walkthrough out there on how to finish the game and NOT have to choose to kill off as many of the factions. I'm going to give that a go, because it felt wrong to me to start murdering people you'd been running missions with just a little bit earlier.

At any rate, I sided with the Railroad, and managed to leave the Minutemen standing in my 1st playthrough.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm on my second playthrough, and there's an incredibly detailed walkthrough out there on how to finish the game and NOT have to choose to kill off as many of the factions. I'm going to give that a go, because it felt wrong to me to start murdering people you'd been running missions with just a little bit earlier.

At any rate, I sided with the Railroad, and managed to leave the Minutemen standing in my 1st playthrough.

Link? Please & thank you!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched a different one, but here's something to get you started. You kind of have to follow it perfectly, very complicated.

Good stuff, thanks again! :suds:

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've got a question for you guys... And I'm sure it has been asked before

I've recently started to run into faction missions that sort of clash together. I've got 1 mission from the Institute to attack Bunker Hill to reclaim Synths, and another mission from the Railroad to free a bunch of Synths. And I've been told from Desmonda that keeping the Bunker Hill contact safe is a priority. So I am getting the sense that I will need to "pick a side" at some point in my near future. I am struggling to decide which path to take. I haven't done much for the Institute so I kind of want to get further along with them before I finish the Railroad quest, which seems to be an ultimatum to the Institute. I could be wrong about that.

So that brings me to my main question. Which faction did you ultimately choose, and why? I am sort of leaning on the Railroad. Although the neutral Minutemen seems kinda legit. BOS & the Institute seem sort of lopsided and hard to side with. I wish I didn't have to choose because I really enjoy exploring everything that the game has to offer, so I've been prolonging some quests just to avoid making the choice.

I've been at this point for a long time, I just haven't been able to decide which faction to support lol. Been doing a ton of exploring/companion bonding/misc. quests in the mean time. But I think it's about time I choose.

Without guides, I think I've done enough to keep the Minutemen on my side, no matter what. Besides that, it's not looking anyone else can live while the other does as well. The Institute is really cool and
I'm still skeptical/curious about my "son"
. But something still just doesn't feel right with them. I jumped into the Railroad late, so I wasn't TOO attached to them, until the mass breakout quest which now has me invested. The Brotherhood, I've always been attached to them for some reason, and it probably goes back to my FO3 days, when they equipped me with the tools to finally defeat super mutants the first time. Even though, they are clearly the most corrupt/short sighted.

I will definitely go down different paths in 2nd and 3rd play throughs. I'll probably roll with either the Institute or Railroad this time through.