• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Possible Fallout 4 announcement tomorrow

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think so, that's where I'm at. And the Brotherhood's point of no return quest is "Tactical Thinking" I think.

All those Minutemen and Scribe quests are called "radiant quests". They never run out, they will always replenish. I really only use it for the XP.
Yea they are pretty solid for XP & getting all your companion perks. That's at least what I've been using them for. Seems like I've reached the ceiling for the minutemen radiant quests because they keep sending me to the same farms for the same stuff. I'd like to start using another faction to start exploring new places. Any suggestions? I don't even know if I've gotten into the RR radiant quests yet? I completed all of Tinker Tom's Mila placements, and a few dead drop quests from the doctor in there, and he hasn't given me anything else. So far PAM has only sent me on one quest to retrieve a password. Other than that, its been all Desmonda quests which are the main storyline. I barely spend time in the Institute so I don't even know who to talk with to get more quests outside of Shaun.

But it only looks like I have maybe 50-60% of the map explored.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never encountered a preserved pie? lol.

I have 8 Power Armor Frames.

For some reason I was collecting those Jangles Moon Monkey dolls thinking it was some sort of easter egg lol. I have 20 of the stupid things in a cabinet on my settlement. After seeing them respawn at locations that I've had to reclear, I decided to stop collecting them lol. Same thing with the trifold american flags.

The perfectly preserved pies are in claw machines around the Commonwealth. At the very top inside the machine is the pie, one such machine is outside the Super Duper Mart.

Up to 17 power armors now.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about you guys, but I feel much safer knowing Preston Garvey is on my side. Whether he is sitting in some house, sleeping, wandering around aimlessly, or once again sitting in some house; I feel reassured when he sends me back out to do some job.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about you guys, but I feel much safer knowing Preston Garvey is on my side. Whether he is sitting in some house, sleeping, wandering around aimlessly, or once again sitting in some house; I feel reassured when he sends me back out to do some job.
Are you two bumping uglies???

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea they are pretty solid for XP & getting all your companion perks. That's at least what I've been using them for. Seems like I've reached the ceiling for the minutemen radiant quests because they keep sending me to the same farms for the same stuff. I'd like to start using another faction to start exploring new places. Any suggestions? I don't even know if I've gotten into the RR radiant quests yet? I completed all of Tinker Tom's Mila placements, and a few dead drop quests from the doctor in there, and he hasn't given me anything else. So far PAM has only sent me on one quest to retrieve a password. Other than that, its been all Desmonda quests which are the main storyline. I barely spend time in the Institute so I don't even know who to talk with to get more quests outside of Shaun.

But it only looks like I have maybe 50-60% of the map explored.

I've gotten real bored with the Minuteman quests. I tried installing machine gun turrets at every farm but he still keeps sending me back.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, just me and Dogmeat. Actually I usually travel with Cait.
No uglies to bump with her.

One of the main reasons I play this game so slow is because I can't keep my eyes off her arse...

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've gotten real bored with the Minuteman quests. I tried installing machine gun turrets at every farm but he still keeps sending me back.
Yea I hear ya. I got to 68 minutemen quests before they finally glitched out and he stopped giving them to me. Not sure if that was intended to happen or not because as far as I knew those sort of "radiant quests" are infinite. Only reason why I kept running through them was to help me get all my companion perks. Majority of the time the kidnapping missions sent me to places where I had previously cleared so it was a quick errand run to set the victim free.

So far I only have 7 of the companion perks for Preston, Deacon, Danse, Piper, Cait, Nick, & Codsworth. Working on Hancock & Macready now.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I hear ya. I got to 68 minutemen quests before they finally glitched out and he stopped giving them to me. Not sure if that was intended to happen or not because as far as I knew those sort of "radiant quests" are infinite. Only reason why I kept running through them was to help me get all my companion perks. Majority of the time the kidnapping missions sent me to places where I had previously cleared so it was a quick errand run to set the victim free.

So far I only have 7 of the companion perks for Preston, Deacon, Danse, Piper, Cait, Nick, & Codsworth. Working on Hancock & Macready now.
McCready and Nick are the best perks, IMHO.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think what stops them is when you wait too long and some settlement gets overrun.. I hate to do that but I think I'm ready..

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCready and Nick are the best perks, IMHO.
MaCready's perk looks awesome, and I've heard from this thread that its almost unfair lol. Nick's perk is something about getting 1 more guess when hacking comps and taking less time for a terminal to reset right? Not sure that is as useful as something like Cait's regenerating AP faster when below 25%. When getting into a big scrap when you're surrounded it is a lifesaver! But to each his own! Everyone plays differently.

I just cleared out Gunner's plaza the other day and Cait's perk a solid advantage. If only I had MaCready's perk too it would have went a lot faster.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think what stops them is when you wait too long and some settlement gets overrun.. I hate to do that but I think I'm ready..
I've let that happen once, but that wasn't the case this time. I had 3 radiant quests going at the same time from the minutemen and I finished all 3 before returning to Preston. Not that it matters, but it was nighttime and he was standing on top of a bed instead of sleeping on it. So I knew something wasn't right. But I talked to him and cleared each mission. Usually after clearing 1 mission he updates a new one immediately after, but not this time. I've tried going up to him and talking to him days afterwards, on multiple occasions, but he only offers to be my companion.

Pretty sure it glitched out lol.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MaCready's perk looks awesome, and I've heard from this thread that its almost unfair lol. Nick's perk is something about getting 1 more guess when hacking comps and taking less time for a terminal to reset right? Not sure that is as useful as something like Cait's regenerating AP faster when below 25%. When getting into a big scrap when you're surrounded it is a lifesaver! But to each his own! Everyone plays differently.

I just cleared out Gunner's plaza the other day and Cait's perk a solid advantage. If only I had MaCready's perk too it would have went a lot faster.
McCready's perk has been fixed. It has totally changed how I play the game the last few weeks.

Nicks perk isnt required, it just makes hacking easier. Hacking gets real dull, real fast. Having the extra guess and no lockout makes it easier to just guess a bit more and you can get in faster.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCready's perk has been fixed. It has totally changed how I play the game the last few weeks.

Nicks perk isnt required, it just makes hacking easier. Hacking gets real dull, real fast. Having the extra guess and no lockout makes it easier to just guess a bit more and you can get in faster.
What do you mean the perk has been fixed? Did it change? Last I read online it was for a 20% greater chance of headshots.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you mean the perk has been fixed? Did it change? Last I read online it was for a 20% greater chance of headshots.
It is for a 20% increase. But it used to just make all headshots 95%, regardless of weapon or distance (obstruction still reduced it to 0 where applicable)

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is for a 20% increase. But it used to just make all headshots 95%, regardless of weapon or distance (obstruction still reduced it to 0 where applicable)
Damn 95%!!! That's outrageous!

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn 95%!!! That's outrageous!

The really goofy part of it was the any weapon part. My daughter showed me this, she'd fire her silenced 10mm pistol from WAAAAAY off, and the VATS cost on it was so low, that she could basically just mow down anything out there.

With 10 mm ammunition being the game's most plentiful, it was... a wee bit unbalanced.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The really goofy part of it was the any weapon part. My daughter showed me this, she'd fire her silenced 10mm pistol from WAAAAAY off, and the VATS cost on it was so low, that she could basically just mow down anything out there.

With 10 mm ammunition being the game's most plentiful, it was... a wee bit unbalanced.

I used the Deliverer for weeks after I got this perk. Literally could clear anything without ever getting spotted. I'm almost glad it was fixed because that would have gotten dull quick (but I miss it a lil bit!)

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ran into a glitch the other day. My "never ending" combine rifle started to consume my goddamn 45 ammo supply. Tried saving/loading etc. Nothing worked. After a few days and working my ammo down to around 200 I bought a couple vendors out and replenished the supply, but then the glitch sorted itself out. Now my gun hub reads back at 999-000.

The glitches in this game are annoying.