• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Possible Fallout 4 announcement tomorrow

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone know what dictates building amounts? I've been reaching the dreaded "cannot build more on this settlement" messages more and more. I think it has something to do with the size meter. I was able to build a crap ton more on bigger settlements, than I can on say, hangman's alley. And I'm not talking physical constraints like smaller area to work with... Seems like the smaller settlements have a smaller cap on them. I went vertical at Hangman's Alley and started something pretty cool but got maxed out.

Also, I've been seeing some rather impressive builds online... I've tried to recreate some of them, piece by piece, but I always reach that maximum allowable build threshold. I assume that means these people are modding the game to allow more?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone know what dictates building amounts? I've been reaching the dreaded "cannot build more on this settlement" messages more and more. I think it has something to do with the size meter. I was able to build a crap ton more on bigger settlements, than I can on say, hangman's alley. And I'm not talking physical constraints like smaller area to work with... Seems like the smaller settlements have a smaller cap on them. I went vertical at Hangman's Alley and started something pretty cool but got maxed out.

Also, I've been seeing some rather impressive builds online... I've tried to recreate some of them, piece by piece, but I always reach that maximum allowable build threshold. I assume that means these people are modding the game to allow more?
Nevermind... Just discovered a potential workaround. I guess depositing mass amounts of junk into the workbench and then gathering it and scrapping it will trick the workshop mode into thinking you are scrapping builds and will lower your build count. Going to give this a try tomorrow.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nevermind... Just discovered a potential workaround. I guess depositing mass amounts of junk into the workbench and then gathering it and scrapping it will trick the workshop mode into thinking you are scrapping builds and will lower your build count. Going to give this a try tomorrow.
When you say size determine build limits, what do you mean? Do. You mean acreage or population? If acreage is the determining factor, go to the island. That place is monstrously huge.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you say size determine build limits, what do you mean? Do. You mean acreage or population? If acreage is the determining factor, go to the island. That place is monstrously huge.
Size in terms of amount of items/builds you can make.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, I did this trick with all my weapons at the Castle. It's a true fucking fortress now.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is the cap.

But does Hangmans Alley have the same cap as the island?
I don't think so, but I think it varies by settlement. I built upwards of 100 items (probably more) on the Drive-In settlement and what looks like only 50 items at Hangman's Alley. It lets you build a lot more on bigger settlements.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I did this trick with all my weapons at the Castle. It's a true fucking fortress now.
Any side effects to that? I heard that trick can sometimes overload the game and cause problems (glitches, corrupt save files, etc)

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any side effects to that? I heard that trick can sometimes overload the game and cause problems (glitches, corrupt save files, etc)

None that I didn't have before (like EVERYTHING breaking down at once in a settlement, needing repair). My happiness rating is usually between 83-84.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm at level 40 now with my latest game and I haven't even built the relay to get to the Institute yet.

I like this game.

I gotta get me a Gauss rifle.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The perfectly preserved pies are in claw machines around the Commonwealth. At the very top inside the machine is the pie, one such machine is outside the Super Duper Mart.

Up to 17 power armors now.
How do you get the pie, though? I keep "activate"ing the machine, but the claw always fails to get the pie.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just got to keep trying, higher the luck the better chance to get it too. I'm up to seven pies now.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just got to keep trying, higher the luck the better chance to get it too. I'm up to seven pies now.
I have max luck (11 natural) and nothing. Typically how many tries does it take you?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have max luck (11 natural) and nothing. Typically how many tries does it take you?
I had this same problem... Are you tryin the machine in one of the Bars in Diamond City??? I tried that bastard at least 20 times before sayin FUCK IT! lol. I'm at Luck 11 or 12. I tried putting on luck boosting apparel & armor but it still didn't work. I'm at a loss with the pies! lol

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just started running into really interesting Settlement attacks recently... I had a pack of 10-15 Charred Ferral Ghouls (the oversized bloated kind) attack the Taffington Boathouse the other day. They were level 60's too! Luckily I already had a wall around the settlement and 10-15 heavy turrets. Also worked in my favor that they took a while to figure out how to get around the walls and to the entrance on the opposite side where they arrived. Turrets took care of all but 2-3 of them. They were resilient bastards!!

I also ran into a pack of level 70 super mutants that attacked the Slog. Even with my increased damaged Gauss Rifle it took close to 10 shots a piece on each mutant before they would go down. After that raid I upgraded the defenses with a couple of rocket launcher turrets. To give it a test run I fired off a couple 50 caliber snipes at the Forge raiders on the factory nearby and lured them over within range of the turrets. Those turrets take care of business!

I'm guessing the higher level you are, the higher level the attacks are? It makes it more worthwhile to upgrade settlement defenses long before reaching level 70, since that is the level I reached when these attacks started happening.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had this same problem... Are you tryin the machine in one of the Bars in Diamond City??? I tried that bastard at least 20 times before sayin FUCK IT! lol. I'm at Luck 11 or 12. I tried putting on luck boosting apparel & armor but it still didn't work. I'm at a loss with the pies! lol

Lol, it must not like you. I get my pies.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, it must not like you. I get my pies.
I didn't try leaving diamond city & coming back to retry. So maybe that will help. But seriously, the one time I tried I did everything. Retry, retry, retry... Got so irritated that I started stalk-bashing that SOB and shooting it. Everyone in the bar got upset.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If any of you are looking for decent armor to farm or extra ammunition, then I've got a tip for ya. The Parson's Insane Asylum has a group of 8-10 mercenaries roaming the grounds that will continuously spawn every time you leave. They are loaded with combat armor, ammo & frags. Just clean them out, fast travel somewhere & back and they will already be respawned. I've been dressing all of my settlers with it! Got my 3-4 main settlements fully loaded with armor, then I finished the Cabot House missions. Now the mercenaries don't respawn. So if you've already completed that quest then this wont work for you.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If any of you are looking for decent armor to farm or extra ammunition, then I've got a tip for ya. The Parson's Insane Asylum has a group of 8-10 mercenaries roaming the grounds that will continuously spawn every time you leave. They are loaded with combat armor, ammo & frags. Just clean them out, fast travel somewhere & back and they will already be respawned. I've been dressing all of my settlers with it! Got my 3-4 main settlements fully loaded with armor, then I finished the Cabot House missions. Now the mercenaries don't respawn. So if you've already completed that quest then this wont work for you.

Yes but the Cabot house has a ton of ridiculous stuff that respawns as well. There's a mini nuke that always respawns in the ghoul's bedroom downstairs.